The Muppets and Lady Gaga in new Christmas special November 28 on ABC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I actually have to admit I'm pretty excited for this. I'm happy there is a Muppet special being released so close to Muppets Most Wanted. I just hope the Muppets can manage to pull in much more screen time than Gaga. Just not sure how realistic that would be, since it is called "Lady Gaga and the Muppets"
I personally want to hear the true backstory of this special. I swear this will cause confusion, leading to a possibly erroneous conclusion of The Muppets having to ask Lady Gaga to pull the viewers in, where it seems more likely that Gaga personally requested the Muppets to appear along side her.

We're in a really good Muppet age here. We have celebrities who grew up on them requesting the characters for their projects. That's a good sign no matter what.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if this special will have some Lady Gaga-only numbers, in addition to Muppet-only numbers/sketches. The John Denver specials had John Denver-only numbers... Well, even in the era of YouTube I still haven't seen the A Christmas Together special but the album has as many Denver-only numbers as Muppet-only numbers, and Rocky Mountain Holiday has some Denver-only numbers (well the Muppets are there, they just don't sing along and some of his numbers are sung over wildlife footage, getting the Muppets out of the way for a few minutes) as well as Muppet-only numbers.

I wonder if more celebrities should be doing specials with the Muppets. John Denver did it twice, and now Lady Gaga's doing it.... They could do this with more current non-flavor-of-the-month, non-artists-who-only-appeal-to-one-demographic stars. Though it'd probably have to relate to some special time of the year, since in this age we rarely get any television specials for no reason.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I personally want to hear the true backstory of this special. I swear this will cause confusion, leading to a possibly erroneous conclusion of The Muppets having to ask Lady Gaga to pull the viewers in, where it seems more likely that Gaga personally requested the Muppets to appear along side her.
Well this is Television. It's probably a little of both, lol.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I wonder if this special will have some Lady Gaga-only numbers, in addition to Muppet-only numbers/sketches. The John Denver specials had John Denver-only numbers... Well, even in the era of YouTube I still haven't seen the A Christmas Together special but the album has as many Denver-only numbers as Muppet-only numbers, and Rocky Mountain Holiday has some Denver-only numbers (well the Muppets are there, they just don't sing along and some of his numbers are sung over wildlife footage, getting the Muppets out of the way for a few minutes) as well as Muppet-only numbers.
Ugh, you know I love all the songs in the John Denver Christmas special, but the special itself is very hard to sit through, lol. Your suspicions are right, there are a few too many scenes where it's just John Denver and some extended dance sequences. Rocky Mountain Holiday did a bunch better job of keeping John and the Muppets together during the musical numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.