Tinseltown News

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm sorry

I have read all of what everyone has had to say about this and i feel that I am the cause of a lot of the fighting about religon and homosexulaity. When i posted before i really thought i was helping, and in the end i caused a war. Im sorry i never meant for what I said to hurt or to make people mad. I have personaly aplogized to one person for what i had said, and now I'm apolgizing to everyone. Im sorry.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
While I agree with being civil and loving, I don't see what the problem is with stating the reason for why I don't approve of this upcoming show. I'm sorry if telling people that The Bible says homosexuality is a sin makes people who practice that upset. But that is why I don't care for this show and that is my point of view. I'm not sure why I don't seem to be allowed to express that. That is NOT intolerant of an entire group of people. People are free to live their lives and make their own choices. I'm not trying to deny them that. I was just stating where I stand on homosexuality and I bring that up because that is the reason that I am not interested in Tinseltown.
I'm totally tolerant of homosexuals. I'm not tolerant of homosexuality in the sense that I don't condone it because God calls it a sin. And I'm not necessarily trying to call one group of people "sinners" because I'm just as much a sinner as anyone else. But that's why Jesus came to die and rise again for all of us because He loves everyone!
And as I imagine this post will also be either edited or deleted, it would be nice to know why I can't seem to state my position without it being censored. I do believe tolerance works both ways. And it DOESN'T mean accepting what everyone believes as being true and right- but it does acknowledge their right to believe that whether it's true and right or not.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
For the love of everything can we please drop this you guys are really getting on my last nerve.
This is a Henson show this has nothing to do with God or the bible so please stop.
I agree, and appreciate your post MuppetQuilter.
Me also, but apprently people want to keep dragging it out.
why am I getting the feeling that they're trying to get the thread locked.:sympathy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Just stating the forum guidelines.

While I agree with being civil and loving, I don't see what the problem is with stating the reason for why I don't approve of this upcoming show. I'm sorry if telling people that The Bible says homosexuality is a sin makes people who practice that upset. But that is why I don't care for this show and that is my point of view. I'm not sure why I don't seem to be allowed to express that. That is NOT intolerant of an entire group of people. People are free to live their lives and make their own choices. I'm not trying to deny them that. I was just stating where I stand on homosexuality and I bring that up because that is the reason that I am not interested in Tinseltown.
I'm totally tolerant of homosexuals. I'm not tolerant of homosexuality in the sense that I don't condone it because God calls it a sin. And I'm not necessarily trying to call one group of people "sinners" because I'm just as much a sinner as anyone else. But that's why Jesus came to die and rise again for all of us because He loves everyone!
And as I imagine this post will also be either edited or deleted, it would be nice to know why I can't seem to state my position without it being censored. I do believe tolerance works both ways. And it DOESN'T mean accepting what everyone believes as being true and right- but it does acknowledge their right to believe that whether it's true and right or not.
It is not your opinion that is upsetting - it the placement of value-judgments on a minority here in this thread. Dude, no one asked. This is a thread about a Henson program, not a theological debate. Note the understanding and restraint used by myself and others in threads that better hold your beliefs (when the shoe is on the other foot). I assure you it is not simply because members of your beliefs are in greater number. :wink:

Throwing the word sin around to describe the lives of an entire people is unsolicited and intolerant. Remember that Muppet Central is a place for everyone. Not everybody follows the same religious practices. Once again there is a thread about religious study and debate elsewhere. I know you are aware of that.

I find it inspiring that there are people of many faiths and beliefs here. It takes effort and discipline to truly follow them. But one belief does not have to tread on another. That has been made clear several times, but is still being ignored.

This topic is not about the definition of religious sin or your approval of gay men and women. Each forum member is welcome to respectfully hold and express his and her beliefs - in the appropriate places and contexts. The question is what are you really trying to accomplish in continuing the fire-bombing of this thread? Is this some attempt at closing down a thread you don't like? Is your faith really being best served by knowingly aggravating others or does it just make you feel better? :sympathy:

Im sorry, but that is officially the last I have to say in reply to this harassment! Think - understanding. There's a place for all of us! :attitude:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I so can't wait for this I have ondemand by comcast and I can't figure out for the life of me what chanel logo is I'm able to watch shows on the ondemand thingy from Logo like Rick & Steve btw I think is really cute but some of there aids and hiv jokes go a bit to far one of my roomies has hiv and I wanted to show the series to them during tv hour but I think it would be a bit touchy.
Anyway yeah I'm really excited I'm sure the show will end up ondemand anyway.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I so can't wait for this I have ondemand by comcast and I can't figure out for the life of me what chanel logo is I'm able to watch shows on the ondemand thingy from Logo like Rick & Steve btw I think is really cute but some of there aids and hiv jokes go a bit to far one of my roomies has hiv and I wanted to show the series to them during tv hour but I think it would be a bit touchy.
Anyway yeah I'm really excited I'm sure the show will end up ondemand anyway.
Sorry to hear about your roommate. I have several friends in the same boat - some of whom find that (rather morbid and kind of tasteless) portion of the humor funny. Not sure how I'd feel in that circumstance?

It's interesting what writers can get away with in animation. I wonder how the world of puppetry will handle things? Less than 24 hours till we find out, I guess. This is not my first choice for a Muppet show, but it's an interesting, relatable setting featuring some of the Muppets' finest performers! :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
have any of you seen the long running t.v show Er? they have dealt with some of the touchy topics that we have been talking about in this thread, and have helped me to become more open to understaning them.
They had a lady doctor who was real good friends with the lady counsler of the hospital. Now the lady doc (Karry) was a strait lady, and the consler was not. One show they went out to dinner and where haveing a great time, really conecting. When the other lady tells Kerry that she would love to DATE her again. To make a long story short Kerry was very nervios about letting people know about her knew change, and would not be real open to anyone until she loese her second life partner to a fire accedent.
They are also always dealing with the issue of aids/hiv and some of the cases they have had are really compeling. the really good thing about it is they don't just support one side but they show sevreal diffrent sides to the issus. If you have not seen Er i suggest you check out at least sesaons 6 and 7 they are now out on DVD they deal with a lot of what i have talked about.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Oh man this is so exciting can't wait to see it.