Sesame Workshop launches video.sesameworkshop.org

mikebennidict

Reaction score
There's actually something I'd like to point out. Yes, they do have some clips on there that are totally rare. Some may have only ever aired once or twice. But I think there are even some on there that have NEVER AIRED. Such as that one with Prairie talking about the word "Closed." But I think something is weird about it. Because there's a point where she says "closed" and looks at the bottom of the screen, AS IF the word "Closed" appears, but it doesn't. I'm guessing it was supposed to. I don't think it's been on American SS, but I have seen it on Plaza Sesamo, and the word "Cerrado" did appear there.

And there was this other one where Bert is supposed to shop for dinner, but Ernie locks him out of the apartment. At the VERY BEGINNING of the clip, you can hear the director shout "1, Action!"

And also, I noticed that a lot of these clips, like the one mentioned above, even include pre- and post-rolls that never aired originally.
Even thw 1 with Ernie counting the cups and saucers had the cremen saying cut or whatever it was they said.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Well this made this old SS fan really happy and it proves that the fans love for the show do help change the course of a networking company. :smile:

I mean it worked for Family Guy. :wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I did searches for quite a few names, and there were some that had no matches found. Names included Roosevelt Franklin (though he does appear in the background in a handful of skits included, and many character searches include skits where they only appear in the background), Bruno, Professor Hastings, and Don Music. I also did a search for "monotones" and didn't find anything, though the song Proud is included. But I found skits for Twiddlebugs, Two-Headed Monster, Biff and Sully (only one Sully sketch appears, and two other Biff ones are listed), Salesman (which also includes a few skits with other salesmen, besides Lefty, including ones where Grover is a salesman), Harvey Kneeslapper, and Herbert Birdsfoot.

I also did quite a few searches for individual letters and numbers, and it seems like there aren't any listings for skits involving individual letters or numbers.

ssetta

Reaction score
Well, remember, this is only the beginning. There's a LOT more to come within the next year or so.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm glad they've put up some of Richard's work on SS, I did request that in the comments section, lol. Especially the Forgetful Jones skits, yayyyyy! :wink:

Perhaps they did notice they were missing opportunities that youtube was taking, lol.

But...OH NO...they put the "Excuse me Chair" skit in! I'm going to have nightmares again, just like when I was three! ::cries::

::Watches it again:: Yup...nightmares...::sigh:: Lol

ISNorden

Reaction score
I searched for "hug" after clicking on Grover's picture, hoping to find some of Grover's hug-filled Muppet and kid moments; no such luck yet! *sigh*

InvaderZim

Reaction score
Only one Baker film (#3) is up there-hope to see some more soon.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I can't believe this! They also posted the "Pink Elephant" sketch! Sheesh, the two sketches that scared me the most as a child! Well, after seeing this one again, it's not quite as scary. Still I wouldn't watch it everyday! Lol

sesameguy

Reaction score
Well, remember, this is only the beginning. There's a LOT more to come within the next year or so.
Amen! :smile: But so far, so good for Sesame Workshop. This is a real treat for old-school fans and modern fans alike. They are definitely on the right track.

I've been having some issues playing the videos, but I'm guessing that my slow Internet connection is to blame. I hope to try out the site with a faster connection soon.