Official Season 39 Press Kit

ISNorden

Reaction score
Glockenspiel.

Isn't that too big a word for little kiddies?
And how many kids (without family members in a marching band, at least) are gonna use that word in ordinary conversations? I love the general idea of a "Word on the Street" feature, but some of the word choices are a bit bizarre for a preschoolers' show.

ISNorden

Reaction score

muppet baby

Reaction score
wow season 39 is going to be so good , i can not wait to see the premire i am going to be out of town, :cry:sure hope that my dvr will work ok and it will not rain . i am sure though that everything will be fine and that i will get to see it , if it rained and i was home then there would be nothing i could do about the picture from the statlite cable keke :batty:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And how many kids (without family members in a marching band, at least) are gonna use that word in ordinary conversations? I love the general idea of a "Word on the Street" feature, but some of the word choices are a bit bizarre for a preschoolers' show.
Yeah but someday when they're older it will pay off. They'll already be familiar with a word that their friends won't be, and people will be impressed. Nevermind the advantages on the SATs, hehe. I think that's the big reason for using "grown up" words. Instead of assuming "kids won't understand", we help them to understand. :smile:

Sadly, kids later in life aren't always interested in learning new things. If they haven't heard of it, it's not important. So it's good to introduce these things early on.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well... It would be better/funnier if they had rock character parody Muppets again, but dude, we knew about Feist's appearance since May so crying "foul" over it now hardly seems worth the anxt.
Of course I knew about Fiest's apperance. Of course it took me until now to find out who the heck that actually is! :insatiable:

I prefer the old "soundalike group" parodies too, but the way Sesame Workshop is strapped for funds nowadays, I suspect it might cost less to have the celebrity volunteer a few minutes, instead of building new AMs and sets for each song.
Costs less, and brings them more publicity. It's not that I have any problems with celebrity appearances, but other than the first batch (with the hillarious Furry Happy Monsters, which actually had better lyrics than the real one, frankly. And I'm a big REM fan), they have been very self indulgent. This one seems no different.

If they want a celeb to come down and sing some song parody about numbers, they NEED to get in touch with Weird Al. Now he can REALLY make a parody song fun. Even some of his lesser 1980's works

ISNorden

Reaction score
It's not that I have any problems with celebrity appearances, but other than the first batch (with the hillarious "Furry Happy Monsters", which actually had better lyrics than the real one, frankly. And I'm a big REM fan), they have been very self indulgent. This one seems no different.

If they want a celeb to come down and sing some song parody about numbers, they NEED to get in touch with Weird Al. Now he can REALLY make a parody song fun. Even some of his lesser 1980's works
Absolutely; the "1-2-3-4" parody looked cute onscreen, but the lyrics are deadly dull. If Sesame Workshop wants songs that are as memorable and educational as "Furry Happy Monsters", they could use help from someone who makes a living writing decent parodies...and someone who doesn't mind doing kid-friendly lyrics.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Absolutely; the "1-2-3-4" parody looked cute onscreen, but the lyrics are deadly dull. If Sesame Workshop wants songs that are as memorable and educational as "Furry Happy Monsters", they could use help from someone who makes a living writing decent parodies...and someone who doesn't mind doing kid-friendly lyrics.
I WILL say this. I liked some of the lyrics in "Triangle," even though I really don't like James Blunt's song (and Weird Al's was a superior song anyway). I really like how they worked Euclidian in there.

I think even the celeb covers of songs are better than the parodies. Though, I still think it's Bip Boppadotta and the Oinker Sister's song, not really Everybody's. In fact, I JUST saw Elmopalooza, and liked all the covers, except Rosies (I don't like her singing voice at all).

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
In fact, I JUST saw Elmopalooza, and liked all the covers, except Rosies (I don't like her singing voice at all).
Yeah, I thought that "I Nearly Nissed A Rainbow" was not done justice there.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
What I don't get is why Prairie Dawn is listed as a character in the press kits. She made near 20 appearences last season, but she wasn't listed. But, Curly Bear was, and she only appeared once!