Original Muppet Whatnot Workshop now off-line

Status
Not open for further replies.

strangepork

Reaction score
Got this reply today re international shipping:

Your email was forwarded to me regarding your interest in purchasing and shipping two Muppet Whatnots to the UK…. Let me explain this to you correctly, we do not take international orders on our website. And the Muppet Whatnots can only be purchased on-line or in our New York store….it takes 4-6 wks for delivery on-line and in our New York store the Muppets only take approx.30 minutes to come to life. But unfortunately, the Muppet Whatnots are currently on vacation until February 2009 at our store. Perhaps, you have a friend or family member in the states, who can make the purchase for you. I hope this has been helpful to you.

Thank you for shopping at F.A.O.Schwarz.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Got this reply today re international shipping:

Your email was forwarded to me regarding your interest in purchasing and shipping two Muppet Whatnots to the UK…. Let me explain this to you correctly, we do not take international orders on our website. And the Muppet Whatnots can only be purchased on-line or in our New York store….it takes 4-6 wks for delivery on-line and in our New York store the Muppets only take approx.30 minutes to come to life. But unfortunately, the Muppet Whatnots are currently on vacation until February 2009 at our store. Perhaps, you have a friend or family member in the states, who can make the purchase for you. I hope this has been helpful to you.

Thank you for shopping at F.A.O.Schwarz.

I got pretty much the same reply:sympathy:

Davina

Reaction score
hrm.. that stinks...
If I lived in the lower 48 I'd offer to let you ship em to me then I'd forward to you.. but I'm in Alaska, which would just be insane shipping either way.... maybe someone else can set up a muppet safe house for international orders... :smile:

Mike Johnson

Reaction score
I went by the FAO NYC store this past Friday (my wonderful girlfriend surprised me at Christmas with a Whatnot gift set to build one), so I figured the best way to enjoy this was to drag her along and do it myself so she could enjoy the process.

Sadly, the Whatnots are on "vacation" until the end of January as they are out of the body molds. The woman who was manning the counter (they still sell other Muppet-related items) told me they've been doing 3 times to amount of business they expected. I have no idea as to whether this is true or not, but I'm certainly hopeful.

The store has a Muppet video pushing the Whatnot concept with the classic Muppet Show family of characters and is decorated with "signed" photos from the same characters wishing the Whatnots well.

Beyond the usual DVDs and shirts, I grabbed a special WhatNots store Tshirt ($22) and when I go back to make my Whatnot, I want to grab the red and white striped scarf with Kermit's feet and signature embroidered. Very cool stuff.

Between the store, the Street Gang book and being able to see Emmet Otter twice in CT, I am in hog's heaven when it comes to Henson and Muppet stuff right now.

Mike

Ignorance

Reaction score
Okay, I have a few questions, I'm really sorry if they've been answered before.

1) I just got the whatnot kit, so now the only way to make it [besides NY] is to wait until February and do it online?
2) I've seen it be asked if you can buy an extra handrod anyhow, but I didn't see an answer. If not, how hard would it be to make one and how would you do it?
3) The curly red hair looks very different on the front of the package and online, does anybody have pictures of a curly haired muppet?

Thanks very much.

slimey

Reaction score
My wife gave me the OK to get a whatnot for my birthday in Feb. so I just ordered mine !

I got the blue body ,blue pointed nose, flat eyes w/blue eyelids, lounge jacket ,& bald fringe :big_grin:.

strangepork

Reaction score
Has anyone in the UK had any luck with ordering a whatnot online? Enquired about ordering online from UK and delivering to a friend in US but customer services said it couldn't be done unless I used an American credit card. But everything on the website seems to indicate that they accept international orders!

Eaglekiller

Reaction score
I put in my order on Dec 24 and it said I would have to wait until Feb 28 to get mine. But today I got an email saying that my whatnot had shipped! It should be here anyday now, I am not far from NYC. :crazy:

Davina

Reaction score
probablly depends on what items they're waiting on..
nice to know there's a chance of getting them sooner though

aixia

Reaction score
I got an email today saying mine (ordered end of December) had shipped. Seems they were being conservative in their shipping estimates and how long it would take to restock after Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.