Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

muppetguy

Reaction score
Still waiting...

I ordered the book from Boom's website and that was last week. Does it usually take this long for their books to arrive? They gave me a tracking number, but the usps website hasn't been updated, amd there are things from other websites I've gotten tracking numbers for that I ordered after it and are close by me home....anyone else having this issue?:concern:

SgtGonzoPepper

Reaction score
I ordered the book from Boom's website and that was last week. Does it usually take this long for their books to arrive? They gave me a tracking number, but the usps website hasn't been updated, amd there are things from other websites I've gotten tracking numbers for that I ordered after it and are close by me home....anyone else having this issue?:concern:
Yeah it took mine awhile. I ordered it on March 22nd. It processed it until April 1st, then it took 5 days to get from California to my house in Georgia. The wait was terrible. Haha. But worth it.

muppetguy

Reaction score
Thanks for the info,sgtgonzopepper. That means I should be getting it hopefully soon. I'm just surprised it takes this long for usps shipping from california to ny...oh well. I will cross my fingers and hope it will arrive by Saturday, the latest. :confused:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I have now been to 17 different comic book stores in the New Jersey area and they are ALL sold out. This book went so very very fast!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My SE Alvarez cover version came today. It looks fantastic, but a bit expensive for me at $10 + shipping so it could be my last SE cover. Still, I'm very glad to have this one. Great job! :super:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've been wondering, regarding the newstand deal, are newsstands the same as magazine racks or comic book racks, or are they different?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, Comic Resources has a preview for the next issue. Pepe appears in the "opening" of the issue, as does Thog and some monsters who appear to be original, as well as monsters who may or may not be Gloat and Boppity. In fact, there is one monster who's seen below the neck, and to me it looks a bit like the blue Big Bird from FTB. There is also a song sung by two pigs, concernign an oldsmobile.

Amy

Reaction score
On stage.

Oh, and I just ordered the Alvarez variant cover. I didn't like the Midtown cover that much as it appeared to be traced more than drawn like Dave's fantastic Meltdown cover. However, both Miss Piggys are fabulous.
Hello, everyone.

I'm another of Boom's Muppet/Pixar artists and I did the Midtown Cover. I'm also going to be drawing Muppet Peter Pan and I've done a few other variants and B covers for Muppet Show and Robin Hood which you'll all doubtless see soon.

It's very thrilling how well the comic is doing so far and I hope it augers well for the other Muppet titles Boom has in the works.

I just wanted to clarify to frogboy that I absolutely did NOT trace ANYTHING for the Midtown cover or any other artwork I do.

My art style is the total opposite of Langridge's. I'm a life-long Muppet fan and I am dedicated to drawing the Muppets very on-model. That absolutely does not mean 'tracing' or just copying screencaps. I've filled a lot of pages analysing the vintage show and developing model sheets for the Muppets that will hopefully let me draw them as dynamically as Jim & co. acted them. I have the utmost respect for Don Sahlin's designs and hope to recapture the amazing emotional range the Muppeteers gave them in my artwork.

Just wanted to defend my honour there, carry on :wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hello, everyone.

I'm another of Boom's Muppet/Pixar artists and I did the Midtown Cover. I'm also going to be drawing Muppet Peter Pan and I've done a few other variants and B covers for Muppet Show and Robin Hood which you'll all doubtless see soon.
Are you allowed to reveal yet who will be cast as who in Muppet Peter Pan?

And anyway, even if you can't reveal, welcome to the forums!