1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by GelflingWaldo, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Andibcool

Andibcool Member

Oh hey i went to Boom comics again and saw they ship the comics now cheaper for like 13 $. I know from my last Ebay auction shipping can still be cheaper but 13$ is ok i will just buy a few more comics.
    Issue 1 is really good but a bit thin. I will buy every issue now.
    Does anyone outside the USA have experience with boom comics and the shipping times from them ?
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It seems that so far these comics had had opening numbers with non-regular characters. Hopefully future issues will have regualr characters in the opening numbers, but I am sort of hoping for a monsters number, or even just a monster sketch. Preferably existing monster designs as opposed to original monster designs (it seems that Langridge has designed a few original monsters in these comics).
  3. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Has anyone else had a problem subscribing to the comic? I ordered my subscription, but when I checked my order it says that it's already been completed. I still haven't received the second issue yet.

And maybe I missed it... was there a delay with the Robin Hood comics?
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Boom took a while to send issue one, so that's probably the cast for issue two. It should come. They just aren't the quickest in sending there own comic. Robin Hood is still go but we don't know when yet. It has been delayed with no ETA given.
  5. MUPPETMONKEY

MUPPETMONKEY Active Member

6. Amy

Amy Member

Well, apparently Ultimate Comics DOES have my variant cover, because I got 5 copies in the mail on friday.
    There's still no mention of it on Ultimate's website, so I'm darned if I know how people can order these :/
    Cover here!
  7. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

It's beautiful. I think you've pegged the character's Henson Triangle proportions perfectly here. The nuances of his mouth and the fluff around the ears too. This is the bear at his best. :o
  8. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Ooh, I LOVE that variant. That's fantastic! I may try to get a copy to frame and put on my wall!
    :o
  9. minor muppetz

On your blog, you were wrong about The Cube enver being fully realized. It was broadcast in 1969, and was recently made available for download on iTunes. Maybe you were confusing it with Cyclia, an unfinished film project that i can't really describe.
  10. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Thanks, Jamie. A froggy for you---> :)

I really like this comic series (even if my second issue hasn't arrived yet). Much better than I was expecting. And I love the re-design for Gonzo on the cover. He looks off in a few panels, but over-all it's a pretty decent look.
  11. SgtGonzoPepper

SgtGonzoPepper New Member

So just got the 2nd issue. Really liked it. Art, writing, everything good. Loved Fozzie's acts, and Vet's Hospital. Had one nagging question for anyone who has read it yet: What room is Rowlf in when Fozzie comes in as a beatnik? When did the Muppet Theater get THAT room? Haha. I guess Pepe tricked Kermit into letting him decorate. Overall, very good book.
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

Guys, haven't been around here properly in a long time - can u explain the comics to me? I know there are two issues, a third about to hit. But, whats with all the different covers? I went on ebay to look and there's like 6 different covers for some of these, foil, blank, some with only 500 copies etc etc. I know its to get collectors to buy multiples, but which are the main covers, and i'm taking it the insides of the comic are exactly the same.
  13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Far as I can tell, there are 2 basic covers that are found everywhere, and that aren't collectible varients that are store specific... both covers will be Roger's art... issue one's 2 varients would be: Issue 1 A and B and issue 2 A and B. I do not know which of each is rarer... and the first issue has the same 2 covers, but which one is on front is reversed (as far as I know)...
  14. Amy

Amy Member

Dr Tooth is right.

The 'default' comic has 2 separate covers which all stores sell.
    Each issue, however, has at least one different 'retail variant', sold as a ltd edition of 500 by only one store (Ultimate comics, midtown etc).
    The holofoil covers are usually convention specials, also ltd to 500. The green-tinted covers were specials done for Emerald City con in Seattle.
    Boom also like to do new covers for 2nd printings. This has happened with Incredibles and Muppet Show, so expect to see them for other Muppet and Pixar titles.

HOWEVER - when the comics start moving to newstands (through a separate distribution channel), there will be only ONE cover per comic to avoid confusion. Sensible thing to do, I say.
  15. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Just posted an extensive review on http://muppetfreak.blogstream.com so will simply refer anyone interested to check it out there instead of reprinting the same sentiments here.
  16. minor muppetz

Well, The Muppet Newsflash just posted some news info on Muppet Peter Pan. It was said there that Kermit will be Peter Pan, Piggy will be tinkerbell, and Gonzo would be Captain Hook.
  17. Amy

Amy Member

I wish Muppet News Flash would list their source, I want to know who leaked the basic plot.

In other news, according to Boom's website, Robin Hood #1 WILL be out next week, so yay for Armand and Tim!
    Also Muppet Show #3 - Gonzo's story.
  18. minor muppetz

The Muppet Newsflash somehow gets a lot of inside info on upcoming projects. Some people at tough pigs have pointed out that Greg usually doesn't cite his sources, though they usually end up being reliable.
  19. Amy

Amy Member

The plot as stated on MNF reads like a press release, so I'm inclined to think they got hold of the Previews solicitation or something.
  20. Amy

Amy Member

Welp.. I dunno if anyone wants to start a Peter Pan thread, but the first two covers are officially solicited in June Previews:
    http://www.boom-studios.net/muppet-peter-pan-1-cover-b.html

*grumble* Why am I not credited as artist?...

Here's my cover, anyway. Dave Petersen does the other one.

So that answers your basic casting!