Deja vu all over again

newsmanfan

Reaction score
But hey, what do you expect from a bunch of people who are enamored with a politician that says the government is taking away imaginary rights, who signed a pledge to limit marriage... a same pledge that says African American babies were better raised when they were slaves..
Whoa....are we still talkin' 'bout Smiley Sarah? "Better when raised as SLAVES"?

WHAT???

I haven't heard that one. I DID hear about the Repubs trying to screw the military they profess to adore by cutting recruitment funding in the House, all because of the repeal of "don't ask, don't tell"! Yet another example of them not actually wanting progress of ANY kind, and merely being rejectionists. I saw over the weekend that Obama couldn't get Boehner to agree to one massive deficit-reducing deal BECAUSE IT WOULD TAX THE RICH

newsmanfan

Reaction score
.....sheesh...Typing so fast my fingers slipped. Not really awake yet...

Anyway. Made me even more disgusted with the supposedly "moderate" Speaker of the House. How can anyone pretend to be moderate and still kiss up to the Tea Party and the corporate pigs? Makes me wonder how far HIS nose is stuck in the trough. Please, oh pretty please with intelligent constituents on top, get every single moron blocking a fair budget out of office next term -- or earlier! Can we impeach people for being proze horses' rears?
-----------------------------------------------------

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here's a fun fact.

Everyone's FAAAAAVORITE republicans Ronald Reagan and W Bush raised the debt limit multiple times when they were in office, and the Reps gladly let them. But now they just want to see how hard they got Obama (the REAL Moderate Republican in all this) by the short hairs and let them get away with murder until they con the American people to have another one of them in charge year after next.

Now the Greed Only Party is saying they've sacrificed soooo much already in the budget talks (yeah... boo hoo) and just by actually being there. They haven't blinked on a single tax increase for the wealthiest 1% (whom I must add DID NOT CREATE A SINGLE JOB with their tax handouts). THEY'RE sacrificing?

hey... didn't the right try to sucker people against the Health Care reform by saying it would eliminate Medicare? And look! They're doing it themselves. We really got snowed, didn't we?

Whoa....are we still talkin' 'bout Smiley Sarah? "Better when raised as SLAVES"?

WHAT???
Nah, it's basically the same pageant bimbo, Michelle Bachmutant! Yeah, you aren't the wealthy loving racist bigotoed tools everyone says you are...:skeptical:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
a same pledge that says African American babies were better raised when they were slaves.
Ugh, that statement was horrible. It's annoying how hostile people are to single parents. There's no one formula that will guarantee the best family. It's the individual people that make the difference.

That statement is also highly insensitive when you think of how slaves' families were often cruelly separated by the masters.

And sometimes, heh, the master was the father. Though I somehow doubt he would have stepped up...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ugh, that statement was horrible. It's annoying how hostile people are to single parents. There's no one formula that will guarantee the best family. It's the individual people that make the difference.

That statement is also highly insensitive when you think of how slaves' families were often cruelly separated by the masters.

And sometimes, heh, the master was the father. Though I somehow doubt he would have stepped up...
The scary thing is people who she appeals to will still agree with her no matter what dark, sinister, backwards thing she said. I remember when McCain made idiotic light jokes about bombing Iran, a lot of people said "Yeah! That's a good idea!" Man, I'm glad someone who took war so lightly didn't become president. There'd be a huge crater in the US because if we bombed them, they'd've bombed BACK!

Michelle is a loonatic fringe candidate that appeals to people even less informed than she is. I mean, it's bad enough the right wants to give the rich even more of OUR money. When they get taxed less, it's OUR burden... and local governments have to create wacky taxes and increase ones they already have to make up for it. Over here, our sales tax increased to 6.25 percent, our meal taxes shot up to 7 percent, all to make up for the budget that everyone's favorite wingnut presidential candidate Mitt Romney bungled and flubbered while trying to get the nomination for the 2008 election. (that's right! He ditched the state he won, bad mouthed the moonbat liberals that GOT HIM ELECTED and left us with huge debts that we've been flustered to fix for years).... if that wasn't bad enough, seems they're limping away on the "We hate Gays and various types of Brown people! Vote for us, bigots!" card YET again. yeah... you guys SURE came a LONG way since the Bush administration that you pretend to hate.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm still not sure she'd win. I've been hearing some people who otherwise support Michelle say that though she's a good speechmaker, she lacks experience.

Still, that didn't exactly stop us in the last election. :wink:

outerelf

Reaction score
Everyone's FAAAAAVORITE republicans Ronald Reagan and W Bush raised the debt limit multiple times when they were in office, and the Reps gladly let them. But now they just want to see how hard they got Obama (the REAL Moderate Republican in all this) by the short hairs and let them get away with murder until they con the American people to have another one of them in charge year after next.

Now the Greed Only Party is saying they've sacrificed soooo much already in the budget talks (yeah... boo hoo) and just by actually being there. They haven't blinked on a single tax increase for the wealthiest 1% (whom I must add DID NOT CREATE A SINGLE JOB with their tax handouts). THEY'RE sacrificing?
Well, actually, we need to stop raising the ceiling now- a lot of financial advisers (Not that I trust them that much) agree that once you get into debt three times your income it's impossible to get out of it. You'd have to get a lot of help.

And neither side have been making that good of money decisions :/ The Republicans want tax breaks for the rich, and then the Democrats want to allow Illegal Aliens to piggyback on taxpaying middle-class.

Either way, the middle-class is screwed. It doesn't matter who wins.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, actually, we need to stop raising the ceiling now- a lot of financial advisers (Not that I trust them that much) agree that once you get into debt three times your income it's impossible to get out of it. You'd have to get a lot of help.
What financial advisers are you listening to? I wouldn't listen to that quackery.

This isn't some Suzy Orman "stop buying pairs of shoes you never wear" financial advice, the entire world economy is on the line. If the debt ceiling isn't raised and we default on our loan, the results could be catastrophic. To say the least, our money would be further devalued, thousands of jobs could be lost... and recession nothing... we'd be dangerously close to another Great Depression. And who would suffer the most? Why, the working class again. No matter how much money the bog companies lose, they always manage to embezzle what's left, blame the employees and run off to Rio.

It's in the interest of NO ONE to default on this loan. Especially since the Republican C-block let the debt ceiling raise with no problem 5 times when Bush sent us into Iraquistan with NO REVENUE raised.

The problem with Reaganomics isn't JUST that they give corporations welfare and refuse to tax them... it's spending a fortune on military while letting schools, fire departments, police departments, public parks, and projects that HIRE people go without, even have money taken from them. That happened under Bush. Our schools were unfunded, our police had to be laid off (which leads to MORE crime, and less safety, BTW), and even though they were the heroes of 9/11, fire houses had to close at an alarming rate.
And neither side have been making that good of money decisions :/ The Republicans want tax breaks for the rich, and then the Democrats want to allow Illegal Aliens to piggyback on taxpaying middle-class.

Plus, you lose me on the whole "Illegal Aliens" crap. That was a polarizing partisan wedge issue created so that no one was looking when OUR jobs were being taken overseas. I can't believe a lot of hot air loudmouths were saying "Illegal Mexicans are Takin' yer jerbs!!!" all the while saying "Outsourcing is good because a lightbulb costs 2 cents less now." If anything, the Dems screw up the budget with Pork projects. And even then, they wouldn't be so bad if they created jobs... but any job would be erased due to rampant nepotism and favoritism. Of course, at LEAST they stood up for minimum wage increases when the right used hokum about the very same small businesses they deny tax cuts to. If we're going tax and spend, at least tax means most of it is paid for. Look at Clinton. He left us with a surplus.

I'd tend to agree more with the "we're both screwed" if we actually had a third party WORTH electing. I've been saying this for years... they're unfocused, they appeal to extremes, and even in the best case scenario, they just take votes away from another party. Of course, if Ron Paul grew a freakin' pear and ran for independent or something, he would get a sizable amount of votes... but everyone's hero Ron decided to quietly cower to his dark lords and refused to interfere with Boss McCain's campaign, even though he's more traditional conservative than ANY of those neoconvicts that run the Repo-blican party. I don't agree with what all he says, but he had the guts to stand up against BOTH wars Bush bullied the American public and politicians into loving so much that left us in this mess.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I might as well add that all this politics and polarizing of the country so we don't see who's REALLY the problem is giving me freaking ulcers. I think I'm just gonna find a place else to go, this is cartoony, and everyone's a bleeding caricature.