When you need to rant...

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I don't like leetspeak because:
1. It gives me a feeling today's humane society is replete with obsolete shortcuts that eventually lead to extreme laziness and will indubitably cause intelligent civilizations to atrophy and degrade to the point of where no being will be able to reasonably converse with each other, which in turn will cause populations to rapidly deteriorate to the point of utter extinction.
2. I don't understand it.

:attitude:
But half the time it takes more energy and keystrokes to type that way :confused:

mo

Reaction score
I don't believe in texting! I'm starting a force!
I'm anti text guy!
:super::and I am super grover!

anyone else wanna join!

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
no no no no I mean that it takes more energy half the time to type all 1337 and stuff
It does? I mean,"because" is reduced to "'cause" which is forgivable, but "cuz" is not forgivable! Doesn't it take less time? Instead of "cheese", people say "cheez", instead of "blue", it's "blu". It takes off lots of letters, so it takes off some keystrokes. Here's two of the same sentence.

"1 l13k blu c#33z cuz it'$ yum"
"I like blue cheese because it's yummy"

Evident?

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
I don't believe in texting! I'm starting a force!
I'm anti text guy!
:super::and I am super grover!

anyone else wanna join!
I'll join! As the second person to join, can I be a sidekick or something? At least a VIP member?:big_grin:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
It does? I mean,"because" is reduced to "'cause" which is forgivable, but "cuz" is not forgivable! Doesn't it take less time? Instead of "cheese", people say "cheez", instead of "blue", it's "blu". It takes off lots of letters, so it takes off some keystrokes. Here's two of the same sentence.

"1 l13k blu c#33z cuz it'$ yum"
"I like blue cheese because it's yummy"

Evident?
c-h-e-e-s-e
c-shift+3-3-3-z

Same number of keystrokes, but your making it harder on yourself

i-t-'-s
i-t-'-shift+4
more keystrokes