None Like it Hot: The "I Hate the Heat" Club

D'Snowth

Reaction score
-----------
Tucson's already had 8 100-degrees-or-over days.

And as soon as the monsoon arrives, the house cooler won't work at all. At least you HAVE a/c.

This is absolutely the last summer I suffer this nonsense. Even if I'm broke come fall, I'm moving. Can't take anymore.
-----------------
I've been curious as to why you willingily moved out there in the first place.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
For the record, I did not willingly move to the inside of a giant oven. I liked my igloo in Philly :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I got up this morning, and my room was at 57, it was like a meat locker! Hoo-boy, I'm going to finally survive a summer!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
I've been curious as to why you willingily moved out there in the first place.
It's called "I thought it was love". Happens to the dumbest of us from time to time. :wink: Glad you have your own meat locker, Snowth. Got any ribs in there?
------------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's called "I thought it was love". Happens to the dumbest of us from time to time. :wink:
Got it.
Glad you have your own meat locker, Snowth. Got any ribs in there?
------------------
Yep. Gimme a minute, and I'll grab the barbecue sauce, the ketchup, the fries, and the cole slaw.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can't believe it...

Here it is, the beginning of June, the beginning of summer, and the temps are only in the low 70s today... not only that, but the same can be said for tomorrow, and in the next few days, we're looking at low-to-mid 80s for highs... I can't remember the last time anything like THAT has happened! The last several years by the time June rolls around, we're already having daily highs in the 90s and even into the 100s!

Someone hold me, I'm scared...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Holy crap...

It's been a week since June officially started, as well as the un-official start to summer, yet surprisingly, we're STILL experiencing a current trend of temperatures in the 70s and 80s, which is HIGHLY unusual for these parts, because usually by now, we're already beginning to suffer with highs in the low to mid 90s, with a heat index around 105 or so (and the ironic thing is the low 80s is SUPPOSED to be NORMAL for us the beginning of June).

So anyway, just a few minutes ago on the local news, they were talking about this cooler than usual start to summer, compared to last year (which was a RULLY BAD summer), and as it turns out, it's another case of cause and effect: last summer, the weather was effected by La Nina, causing the summer to be as miserably hot as it was, HOWEVER, apparently this year, the weather is being effected by El Nino, which is giving us a comfortable summer this year... I'm telling you guys, we haven't had a comfortable summer since 2003, and of course, it rained a lot that summer, so that kept things comfortable as well... not sure if we're due to see a lot of rain this summer or not, but alls I know is a comfortable and decent summer for once? Thank God! Now I won't die and not come back to life until September/October again!

:excited: :excited: :excited:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Ugh, lucky you. We've been having ninety degree weather (followed by thunderstorms) lately. The thunderstorm last night cooled things down a little bit. But I don't think it's enough to overshadow the hot days.