American Idol

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Rumor has it that the speech is about the recent investigations into pre-9/11 intelligence. Or we're invading Antarctica or something.

:zany: :zany: :zany: :zany: :zany:

jediX

Reaction score
:sleep: So, what was your favorite part?
:boo: That it ended!
:sleep: Why, because the show was so horrible?
:boo: No, because writing a book report is more pleasurable than watching that!

Sorry for the pessimism...but I really needed to vent some essay-induced stress. :smile: Much better now.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Well, I'll admit I liked the show more than you did, Matt. :stick_out_tongue: I actually thought it was pretty solid and nobody was really awful. And it was cool that John finally got to do a song that was really in his genre. JPL was maybe the weakest vocally, but I thought his performance was really fun and I enjoyed it a lot. If I had to guess who was going this week, I'd probably guess Diana. She's been in the bottom a couple times now, and the audience just doesn't seem to connect with her much. Plus it was a weaker week for her, though I thought it was a good performance overall.
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
All righty then! I have to admit I really dug it this week. I thought everybody was doing pretty well. This is the first time I've really been blown away by Fantasia, I thought Jennifer really built on her great showing last week, La Toya was wonderful as always, John Stevens gave a thoroughly enjoyable performance, etc... I would guess that Jasmine and Diana are the likeliest contenders to go this week--I think they are good singers, but on some level I agree that they are not the most moving performers, at least at this point. They're pleasant enough, but neither really makes me feel a whole lot when they perform...

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Fantasia's performance last night was dynamite! :crazy:

I thought everyone else did very good with the exception of Diana. I agree that I believe she is going home this week.

And I really liked having Quentin Tarantino as a judge. He was awesome.

jediX

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
Well, I'll admit I liked the show more than you did, Matt.
I think everybody did. It wasn't horrible singing, I just didn't like it (and you all know how much Fantasia annoys me). Main question is, who is getting booted off?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Like I said, I think it will be Diana or possibly Jasmine. But it's hard to say...
Erin

jediX

Reaction score
I don't think JPL and Conan O'Brien have much of a chance, either.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Hehe, they mentioned John on Conan last night because Quentin Tarantino was on and talking about judging "American Idol." He was talking about how John looked just like Conan and saying how he couldn't stand John but really liked his performance when he had to judge him so he had to give him a compliment but also slip in the fact that he didn't like him. :stick_out_tongue: I think one of them will probably be in the bottom 3 but I don't think either of them will go this week.
Erin

jediX

Reaction score
My best guess is that one of the two girls will be off this week, the other girl off next week, followed by Conan (probably first, he hasn't been up to par...and as Simon said, lacks charisma) and Fake Elvis. That is, unless one of them (or even one of the others) really blows it before then.