1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

American Idol

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Don'tLiveonMoon, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Vic Romano Active Member

Paris was my favorite, but her song choices weren't good. She has a very unique voice and it doesn't lend itself to many pop titles. I like Taylor and I'm pleased he won. Personally I think Chris is the most over-rated Idol next to Constantine, but at least he was charming.

I thought the highlight of the night was Clay, what a voice! I'm still undecided on the hair though. :smirk:
  2. Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

That Clay moment was awesome. And the guy seemed so genuinely thrilled that I guess there's no need to feel too badly about his being lampooned in front of the country. I like the new Clay 'do. Beatlesish. Nifty. And it was a great finals night. Very entertaining. What I liked even better than the Clay moment, though, just by a sliver, was the cowboys. Those guys rock! Very fun. Anyway, I'm happy for Taylor. I've always liked him. And I think this was the best season since number two. :)
    Erin
  3. Ilikemuppets New Member

I think the dude that won is awesome!
  4. AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

The cowboys definitely were a highlight of the show. I love that little guy--I mean, he wasn't ready for the big time, but he was so sweet. I think he needs a little more experience, but I'm glad that they brought him back for the finale.

:)
  5. Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

Yeah, Garet is just adorable. I have a feeling he's got great things ahead of him, whether or not it's in the music business. :cool:
    Erin
  6. Ilikemuppets New Member

He just had so much personality and character, which is really so much of what the music Industry is lacking these days.
  7. Fragglemuppet Well-Known Member

Well, during the first season, I was at a summer camp where almost everyone was into it, so I watched a few episodes. Kelly is alright, pretty good actually. At least, most of her songs I like.
    I watched one episode of season 2 at college, but wasn't really into it. This season, I watched two episodes, and was rooting for Kelly, Chris and Paris. I've heard Tayler's song, and in true AI fashon, I liked his voice but didn't like the song.

PS, I love Clay's voice as well!
  8. Ilikemuppets New Member

9. Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

I see Taylor topped the People list for... most eligible bachelor, was it? I guess the gals go for the gray! ;)
    Erin
  10. Ilikemuppets New Member

Ha! Ha! That's cool cause that guy rocks!
  11. Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

I've been watching this season's American Idol. I think there are a few potential standouts. Kinda early to tell, but I like the girl who is a back-up singer and the guy who looked like Jack Osborne. I think those are my two favorites so far. Almost to Hollywood now!
    Erin
  12. AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I like them too--especially the Jack Osborne guy. Not only did he have a nice voice, but he was intelligent and intentionally funny. I also like that kid who auditioned with his sister, who was then told he outsang her. He had a very sweet voice, if I remember correctly.
  13. Don'tLiveonMoon New Member

Hehe, yeah, he was really funny. He had Paula in stitches over that David Hasselhoff thing... And the brother did have a nice voice. I always like to see someone who thinks they might not be so great finding out that they are...
    Erin
  14. AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Yup--it's much more rewarding than seeing people who think they're great find out that they're not.
  15. Teheheman Well-Known Member

Are you kidding? Those are the best, seeing them fall flat on their faces. The people that I like to see are the people who think that they can sing, can't, and then just leave. Don't argue with em, don't think that they suck, just pick up your bag, and know that these people are doing their job, they are looking for the best, if they don't think you're good enough for it, then you aren't good enough. Don't sing another song, don't try to convince them that you can sing, just take it as constructive criticism and go. Don't curse them out because you sucked at your audition, you'll have another shot next year.

Daniel
  16. AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Oh, I agree. I mean, I enjoy seeing the terrible people, but I get very tired of the people who think that arguing or outshouting/outsinging the judges is going to make a difference. I also found the first audition of the year, the not-so-great girl who was obviously coerced to sing a Jewel song in front of Jewel, very meanspirited. I mean, they lingered on her agony and heartache for forever! That's the kind of stuff I get tired of--it's refreshing to see someone pleasantly surprised by their own ability!
  17. Teheheman Well-Known Member

I guess that they do the sob story(on the ones that make it anyways) so that they have a fan base, one of those "Look at what these people went through" type of deal. But you're right, I get tired of seeing those guys too. I think that the lady doing the Jewel song should've just sung like herself, and not like Jewel. That's just me though, I think that some of these dang people would've been better without singing like the artist, or picking a better song. That's mostly what's holding them back, not that some of them CAN'T sing, it's the ones that pick a bad song for their voice.

Daniel
  18. SarahOnBway Member

Anyone watching tonight? I really liked the girl with the weird facial expressions. :)
  19. MuppetsRule Active Member

She really had a good voice. I agree with the judges just a little bit about her facial expressions detracting from her singing. It's COOL they gave her a second chance. I think she could be a contender. What a great stor that would make.
  20. AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Yeah, I liked that they gave her a second chance too. I think they've said yes to a number of people who have talent and potential, but who aren't super-polished yet. I'm glad--after all, it gives them room to grow in the next round.