American Idol

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I thought it was pretty good, just because I really like Elton John. I thought George picked a good song for his style--it really played to his strengths. I wish Fantasia would stop ending every single performance with "yeah yeah yeah yeah. . . yeahyeah" It's driving me crazy! I bet it's either Camille or Diana this week to go...

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
I thought Fantasia did "fantastic"...(sorry to use an over used expression). I really like her. George was awesome!!! I want him to win. Jennifer Hudson was powerful! And I thought Jasmine was phenomenal....I really didn't understand all the judges when it came to her.

Now about John.....oh.....my.....gosh.....I seriously thought he couldn't do any worse than he did last week but tonight really took the cake. :boo: :grouchy: I'll give him kudos for trying to dance, if that's what that was, but that was just painful! He had so better be out of there tomorrow night.

JPL sucked tonight too. It seems like he just doesn't want to be there anymore. I thought his jacket was cool.

Camile will also be in the bottom three...she totally ruined my favorite Elton song.

But on a good note, LaToya did awesome....it's true what Elton said about it being unbelievable that she was in the bottom three last week.

I thought it was funny when Simon told Paula, "If we ever get married we'll hire her to sing."

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, I do agree that even though I'm not a fan of the song, it was well suited to George, and he certainly did a good job. I was mad at the fans for not shutting up though! It was the only really positive comment Simon had all night until Jennifer, and they wouldn't let him say the whole thing! :grouchy: What irritates me most about Fantasia is how she always has to talk back if she gets any criticism (usually from Simon). Even if the overall tone is positive, she has to come up with this sassy comeback. I was so annoyed with her a couple weeks ago when Simon critiqued her but also said he loved her and she gave this really attitude-laden response. Compare that with Jasmine, who got ripped apart (unfairly, I think) tonight but took it with complete grace and composure and that Colgate smile on her face. I hope Camille goes this week, though I do feel kinda bad for her. It's cool that she got to stick around long enough to meet Elton John, big fan that she was, but then to be told he was throwing his Tv out the window after hearing her performance... Yikes. Then again, I don't think she's given a performance yet that's worthy of the top 12.
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Dr. Bombay said:
But on a good note, LaToya did awesome....it's true what Elton said about it being unbelievable that she was in the bottom three last week.

I thought it was funny when Simon told Paula, "If we ever get married we'll hire her to sing."
Simon was awfully hard to please this week! He only really had positive things to say about George and Jennifer. Even Fantasia and Latoya didn't really impress him too much, and I thought they were both wonderful. At least he didn't totally skewer them like he did with the others (and I gathered that the "I have nothing to say" translated to a silent skewering). I think they were for sure the best 4 of the night, but I don't know if George and Jennifer were necessarily that much better than Fantasia and Latoya. Latoya's performance was my favorite; the "fly away" part near the end gave me chills. Jennifer was a close second.
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I agree about La Toya--she can really really sing! I would love to see a George and La Toya showdown at the end!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Yeah, that would be good. I've been thinking all along that it would come down to two girls this year, but I think George may actually have a shot at the top 2, which would be really ironic in a way since he wasn't even in the top 32 to begin with. Kinda makes you wonder who else slipped through the cracks - without getting rescued in the nick of time.
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
I definitely slipped through the cracks this year... But that's because I'm a couple years too old to audition. Blast that 24-year-old age limit!! :grouchy: :mad:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I didn't realize it started at 8; anything exciting happen? That's kinda weird that they divided them into groups like that. Anything to drag out the tension more... I was sorry to see Jasmine in the bottom 2 tonight; I watched her performance again and I still think that she hit a couple bad notes but aside from that had a really strong performance. I thought Camille actually performed much better tonight. I could actually understand all of the words to the song. :cool: I don't have anything against her, but I've thought that she was out of her league from the beginning. Now that she's gone, I guess I don't have much preference for who goes next, as long as it isn't Latoya or George.
Erin

Whatever

Reaction score
Ich gucke American Idol gar nicht an; ich habe kein Fernseh. Ich gucke "Deutschland Sucht den Superstar" auch nicht an, ausser wenn meine Gastfamilie es anguckt. Aber ich finde es ziemlich doof und auch unfair.