Any Little Shop of Horrors fans?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks folks. I normally use Real Player, so I'll do an update on the Quicktime player then.

Radd

Reaction score
That is quite an amazing find, ray. Great job. Sadly though, it appears I am a bit too late. Looks like the file has been removed. ;_; I remember walking into a video store back when the DVD first released, holding it in my hand, noted that it contained the alternate ending, but decided that it was not the right time to buy it and put it back. LOL, oh well.

raysgal

Reaction score
Well, if you want, Radd, I can send the file to you since I've got it downloaded on to my computer. Either e-mail me or send me a PM and I'll get it to you as soon as possible.

Just a note to everyone the file is supposed to be about 20 or so minutes long. From the familiar entrance of Audrey into the flower shop to the takeover of the Statue of Liberty.

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my exuberance with other Little Shop fans on this board by saying I just got tickets to see the Broadway production of Little Shop in Lansing, Michigan. I'm am out of my mind thrilled about this and can barely wait.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Lowercase! YAY! It's SOOO awesome, and you're gonna love it!

lowercasegods

Reaction score
I tell ya, ever since I bought the tickets I've been on the biggest Little Shop high. To anyone who's seen it: how would you describe the Audrey II puppet? Is it as cool as I think it's gonna be? Does it look like the original puppet from the off-broadway show, or more like the movie puppet? And how well is it manipulated? Does it articulate well and lip-sync to the voice sufficiently? Sorry for the barrage of questions. Just trying to stoke the fire 'til I see it on March 31st.

Cliff Roswell

Reaction score
Well, it's been forever since I've been here, but it's great to be back. Also cool to see raysgal on here as well, as we are both part of the many GB boards across the 'net.

In answer to lowercasegods' questions....

You will love it.

I got to see the play the other night at Heinz Hall in Pittsburgh. Was even able to score FRONT ROW seats, too! And, I mean, front row! Like, I could've actually reached up and touched parts of the scenery, I was that close to the stage. In the orchestra pit, man...that's where it's at!!

The guy playing Seymore onstage didn't really live up to Rick Moranis's stellar performance, but had a quirkiness all his own. He did a pretty darn good job, and owned the "Suddenly, Seymore" song.

The girl playing Audrey did a great job, although she couldn't hit those really high, squeaky notes that Ellen Greene did in the film.

The Ronettes were incredible. And taht's all I can say about them, because you really have to see them live.

The guy playing Orin did a pretty good job as well. Not as good as Steve Martin (in some parts), but did own the part. As well as the six other people he played throughout the performance.

Audrey II was amazing. Absolutely beautiful. Great comedic timing between the actors and the puppets. Everything was spot on.

I totally fell in love with the "Stage Two" Audrey II, the one that Seymore carries during "Some Fun Now." I saw the puppet and immediately thought, "I want one!!!"

The ending was spectacular. Although we didn't get to see the massive Audrey II, the one that looms out over the audience on Broadway (she's too big to move from city to city quickly), it was still amazing.

And the actor who supplied the voice...incredible. Wonderful singer.

(sorry if I'm not being too descriptive, but you really do have to see this for yourself!!)

After the performance, there was a Q&A session with the puppeteers and the voice of Audrey II, and we got to see how the puppets work, and how they did everything.

All in all, incredibly amazing. Go see this one. If there was ever a Boradway play that nearly shames "The Producers," this is it.

BTW: The real reason I'm here stems (wink, wink!) back to the stage two Audrey II. I want to make one of my own, and I got the go-ahead from the puppeteers themselves ("Just go ahead," they said).

Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find the plans for building Twoey on the net. Either the sites are broken links or they're not there anymore.

Anyone have any plans/tips? I'd love to do this for the upcoming comicon in Monroeville, and I only have a limited amount of time. (or, I could build Twoey for next year's con, and go ahead with my original costume, Arthur Dent from "Hitchhiker's Guide")

Thanks!!

--Cliff

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
lowercasegods said:
I tell ya, ever since I bought the tickets I've been on the biggest Little Shop high. To anyone who's seen it: how would you describe the Audrey II puppet? Is it as cool as I think it's gonna be? Does it look like the original puppet from the off-broadway show, or more like the movie puppet? And how well is it manipulated? Does it articulate well and lip-sync to the voice sufficiently? Sorry for the barrage of questions. Just trying to stoke the fire 'til I see it on March 31st.
The puppet is amazing. Better than you're going to imagine before you see it! One of my friends was down to pick up our tickets and was there just as they wrapped up a local news interview and so got to meet and take pictures with Audrey II. It's not like the movie, but just as wild and big! Voice syncing is better than you'd think, too!

Jonathan

Reaction score
My Production of Little Shop ended in January. I worked the Audrey II Puppets, and got to keep the Puppet worked in "Ya Never Know" (Some Fun Now)! Could someone PLEASE send me the alternate Ending File ASAP, We are haveing a cast and crew reunion in 2 days, and I want to Show It there! my e-mail is muppetfest@aol.com. Thanks!
-Jonathan :smile:

Jonathan

Reaction score
Are preformance of Little Shop did very well. It was the Most fun i have ever had in my life. The Cast and Crew where almost like a 2nd family. I am now in Alice and Wonderland at the same theater as the Mad Hatter. And one night I was the only one left at the theater...and I whet back stage and saw My Ausrey 2 pod 3 puppet! I Jumped in side of it, and found FEED ME on my Ipod. I was getting realy into it...Then I rembered my Mom was waiting to me in the Parking Lot! LoL! After the Show my 2 Brothers (9, and 7) became Mortaly Terrifed of the Dentis, and my 2 year old sister can sing all the words to Skid Row. Being in Little Shop has TRULY been the Highst Point of my Life