Battle of the Muppet All-Stars

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
So when do we get more story? I'm very impatient about this sort of thing, you know. My personal opinion is that this is great, I love the jokes, and I can't wait for more!

That Announcer

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Why am I rude, Beau? Just because I was protecting the author of the story?
No, what you said could be considered rude because of the way you worded it: if you had used something a bit gentler than "jerk", there would have been no problems with it.

And I agree with Gardy and Ed: if something is given without evidence, just ignore it.

EDIT: Just caught Lisa's post, and she's right, I can't wait for the next event!

BEAR

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
No, what you said could be considered rude because of the way you worded it: if you had used something a bit gentler than "jerk", there would have been no problems with it.

And I agree with Gardy and Ed: if something is given without evidence, just ignore it.

EDIT: Just caught Lisa's post, and she's right, I can't wait for the next event!

Trust me, it doesn't get much gentler than that. I could have said a lot worse. I almost wanted to but remembered this was a "family forum". Anyway...more story more story!!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... It's in the past...
So like they said on the SNL segment, the Joe Pesci Show...

Forget about it.
Forget about it?
Forgotten!

So... What's the next event? Discus? Softball? Olympic Swimming or diving?
Oooh, the wait is killing us Xerus.

That Announcer

Reaction score
The Count said:
So... What's the next event? Discus? Softball? Olympic Swimming or diving?
I personally hope the Olympic rules are broken and that the next event is a good game of golf, as it's the only sport I play. However, I cannot imagine Lewis Kezagger and the Newsman commenting on golf. They just couldn't quiet down enough.

BEAR

Reaction score
Are the characters that walked onto the field at the beginning the only characters on the teams? Just curious. Its nice to see the ones not on the teams popping up in other roles suitable to their personalities and how we remember them, such as Telly in his Monster On the Spot role. Its nice to see them all participate in some way. I know this isn't Prawncracker's story, but if it was, I would expect the Penguin to do the scoreboard. lol. Digit is cool though, but I don't remember much about him. Can't wait for more surprises and more cameos. Those are my favorite parts. I love to see how you use them. Will their be any field show entertainment?

BEAR

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
I personally hope the Olympic rules are broken and that the next event is a good game of golf, as it's the only sport I play. However, I cannot imagine Lewis Kezagger and the Newsman commenting on golf. They just couldn't quiet down enough.

That is why it would be good to have Guy Smiley as the on the spot reporter/commentator for the golf game, because the whole joke would be that golf is supposed to be so quiet and focused and we all know how Guy is at controlling his volume. Remember the sketch when he is on safari and he kept scaring away the animals because he was so loud.

That Announcer

Reaction score
BEAR said:
That is why it would be good to have Guy Smiley as the on the spot reporter/commentator for the golf game, because the whole joke would be that golf is supposed to be so quiet and focused and we all know how Guy is at controlling his volume. Remember the sketch when he is on safari and he kept scaring away the animals because he was so loud.
"OK! AND HE'S SWINGING HIS CLUB BACK! AND HE'S PUTTING IT DOWN AGAIN! AND HE'S SWINGING THE CLUB BACK AGAIN! AND HE'S PUTTING IT DOWN AGAIN! AND HE'S EXAMINING THE BALL! NO WAIT, HE'S LOOKING AT ME! HI, MR. NICKLAUS! WHAT DOES THAT FINGER MEAN? OH MY, AND I CAN'T STOP TALKING EITHER!"

BEAR

Reaction score
That Announcer said:
"OK! AND HE'S SWINGING HIS CLUB BACK! AND HE'S PUTTING IT DOWN AGAIN! AND HE'S SWINGING THE CLUB BACK AGAIN! AND HE'S PUTTING IT DOWN AGAIN! AND HE'S EXAMINING THE BALL! NO WAIT, HE'S LOOKING AT ME! HI, MR. NICKLAUS! WHAT DOES THAT FINGER MEAN? OH MY, AND I CAN'T STOP TALKING EITHER!"
LOL!!! Exactly! That is why it would have to happen. Take advantage of all that comedy and absurdity.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, this is Xerus's story... So we'll have to wait for him to develop the story to its conclusion to know whether or not all the four teams' members were only those who appeared during the initial opening ceremonies. But I'd think that when he can go to my Muppet Listings 15.0 thread, he'd have a whole mine of characters to bring into the competitions.

And Bear, Digit is a character from the short-lived show, The Jim Henson Hour. You should talk to some of the "good" traders to see if you can get some episodes of it.