1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Confessing Crushes...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beauregard, Apr 23, 2004.

1. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

:flirt: *grabs a roll of paper towels to attempt to clean drool of of keyboard* ;)

I don't know about all the other girls, but for me, it's Harry Potter and the Beatles, mostly. But Robert Pattinson isn't even close to attractive. Ugh...that hair...:p What was I saying again? Oh, yeah...*drools over hawt guy with British accent*
  2. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Lol, I've been told by 5 people that I sound Canadian (including two Canadians) and several people have also asked me if I'm English. I'm sorry, but-- talk about chalk and cheese! Could you get any more different? xD I can *sort of* get the English bit, because I have a lot of English in me -my grandparent's parents were British, for example- (along with German, French, Spanish, Swiss, Welsh ans Irish) but I don't see the Canadian bit. x3 I think -like my Nanna, which is where I probably got it from-I have a more *polished* Australian accent, lol.

Anyway, I'll shut up now. x33 Ummm... I dunno, Snwoth... there is just something so alluring about a British accent. But I'm also a long-time anglophile, so ch'yah. ;3 But I also love American and Scottish accents, too- mmmmm.

Robert Pattison is icky. D: I'm not saying that because I'm not a Twilight fan, I just don't see why everyone thinks he's so hot. :confused: And yes, British musicians are amazing... Pink Floyd, Led Zep, Black Sabbath, david Bowie, Deep Purple, Kate Bush, King Crimson, Yes, Dire Straits, The Who, The Stones, Queen, Eric Clapton... guh, the list goes *on* (esp. if you're a classic rock fan). Oh, and The Beatles of coarse! :D And, erm, then we more onto comedy troupes... *worships Monty Python <33*

And Oscar Wilde is... *dreamy sigh*... amazing. <3
  3. Gelfling Girl

I even am quite a Twilight fan, and I still don't see what anybody sees in him. I mean, seriously, Edward is supposed to be very attractive and Bella "average", but Rob looks terrible, and Kristen is hawt.
  4. APRena

APRena New Member

Goody goody, I'm not the only one that finds Oscar Wilde hot beyond all belief. *grabs* MINE! Also: Zooey Deschanel. MMMMMmm.

Accents: I don't know, Snowth. I just don't. They just are. More sophisticated-sounding? STEPHEN FRY...! Hugh Laurie, Rik Mayall, Monty Python et cetera et cetera. Refer to Kiki's point about the comedy troupes. :flirt:
  5. Gelfling Girl

She's pretty, but nowhere near as hawt as the girl who played Helena in MirrorMask.
  6. APRena

APRena New Member

I'm taking into account her general air of cute nerdiness, too. Nerdy in an adorable, attainable way. Or at least her characters are.
  7. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Amen, m'dear. ;3 Mmmm... Eric Idle... oh, I think you menchioned him. ;) I reckon John Cleese is rather fine actually. Back in the day he *sort of* reminded me of James Taylor appearence-wise... yummeh, old-school JamesTaylorness. And Hugh Laurie! How could I forget the Blackaddar boys? Accents are just wonderous... I worship the BBC, and I lub it when they put on those specials on romantic poets and the like- TASTEH. x3 Oscar Wilde is delightful. <3 Zooey is so pretty, so rocked in Almost Famous- she seems like a nice chick, too. Girl crushes... lemme think... x33 my most bizarre one is probably Kate Bush- she's pretty. And BRITISH. O_O But it's still kinda weird. Bit of a cliché... just on the subject of rawk lasses, I quite like meh some Debbie Harry. Odd, but I think I prefered her as a brunette during her Playboy days, as opposed to the famed blonde bombshell in Blondie.
  8. APRena

APRena New Member

Yes. Eric Idle especially because of his singing voice, it is lovely. And Helena Bonham Carter. Anglophilia, I haz it. :)
  9. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

"If I Didn't Have You" from Quest for Camelot was one of the freakiest things I ever saw and heard, but I did like the verses Eric Idle sang.
  10. APRena

APRena New Member

I Googled it. I agree.

The List of Things You Can't Un-See #67: THAT. Wow... on the subject of singing, though, Stephen Colbert's voice is also nice.
  11. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever heard Stephen Colbert sing before, but I heard that his American National Anthem/Canadian National Anthem Mash-up was pretty hilarious.
  12. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Snowthy, in answer to your inquiry towards British accents:

In my experience, it is not just British accents women love, it is most foreign accents, though there are stronger preferences depending on the woman. A foreign accent brings about an exotic/adventurous sense of a person because in order for the accent to be "foreign" they must be from another country, which means they have traveled and may have incredibly interesting stories to tell of their land and culture (though, this reasoning is much deeper than most women actually think about). Personally, I love a British accent because the speech sounds more refined and distinguished. It is charming and gentleman-like.

Now that I've done my muffining, I'll add to the actual conversation and admit I have a major crush on Orson Welles :flirt:
  13. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Gaaahhhthatisawesome. :) Another anglophile, YES! :excited: And Helena rocks, I must say... I'm rather jealous of Mr. Burton, in fact. x3 On the subject of tasty British people, -and I've mentioned this many times, I'm sure- but I do like meh some Roger Waters, moreso when he was a young buck (but he doesn't look half bad for his age). Bit of a, err, weird crush of mine, I suppose, considering most peeps I know either adorable or icky, but I think he's a fine lad. BD And Eric Idle is rather, er, godly. I love his singing voice, too! <3
  14. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Oh my gosh SOOOOO true! :D
  15. APRena

APRena New Member

Oh my God, Matt Smith. Thank you BBC America. :D:D:flirt:

(Oh, and the show is awesome too. Just found that out like, yesterday.)
  16. hoopless

hoopless Member

In a similar vein: Karen Gillan is the hottest companion. I'm worryingly close to buying the life-size cardboard cut-out. Her accent really helps too, and I normally don't like the Scottish accent.
  17. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

I've probably mentioned this a thousand times, buuuuut: David Tennant. That is all I have to say. :flirt:
  18. beatnikchick300

beatnikchick300 Well-Known Member

I currently have a mad crush on The Nostalgia Critic (Doug Walker). He's so cute and funny (but as far as I know, he's a meat eater. :( Oh, well, you can't win 'em all).
  19. APRena

APRena New Member

LOL, they make those? She is. Side: I don't like that they're collectively called companions, that makes them sound like dogs or something... whatever. The whole continuity/plot thing is weird, I'm just going to ignore everything else and become fangirly over this season because I can kind of understand it. (The doctor before David Tennant was hot also, though.)
  20. Kiki

Kiki Active Member

Oh, amen. He is one find lad. <33 And Doctor Who ftw- eeeeee! <33 I'm not a fangirl. >.> *brings her sonic screwdriver/pen-thingy to school*