Disney Channel Preps for Muppet "Mini Movies"

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well it has been said before that people sometimes just dont know what to do with the Muppets people will one day learn that they are not only for kids but for everyone.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yup, it would be good for people to understand the Muppets are something everyone can enjoy. Hopefully that means the humor would be both childlike and adult. Not childish or immature (There is a difference :wink: )

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
yeah he STILL has lots of fans played by steve or jim! I taped that ep of HomeMake Over! I JUST wish people (and fans) would just stop already with the "back in the old days" stuff! yes! we ALL (including me) WISH the Muppets were back to the old days again! but come on now... we all go thought this EVERY time Disney gets somthin new out for us. and the "Disney blame game" yes i know most arnt disney fans here thats why MOST of you do the "disney blame game" couse maybe thats all you know maybe, maybe not i dont know! I did Kermit here in my town for a few parades and you wounldnt belive HOW many people and kids yelled out to kermit "Hi kermit" "I love u" etc etc... and my Kermit voice doesnt even soud like jims a little like Steves but i think mine sounds a lil "younger"
Actully I'd sand for Disney in this case and say they had heart in doing what they did not steve's smug kermit.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Actully I'd sand for Disney in this case and say they had heart in doing what they did not steve's smug kermit.
I ment stand btw for whatever reason I can't edit my post. I'm tired of going back and forth about this though only time will tell what great or horrible things befall the muppet clan.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The sad thing is.. I realised something. Between this and James Blunt on Sesame Street... what celebrities do we have that would actually work with the muppets... what celebrities do we have period? Bad ones...

Anyway, I will say this, as moronic, pointless, one dimentional, shallow, humorless, juvenile, mundane, poorly written, pedestrian, and just over all crappy these Dizzy tweencoms are, they are successful. So successful (as I've stated in the "Shows that overstayed their welcome" thread) Cartoon Network is considering shizzy like this. So they're doing something right. Siggghhhhh...

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Pretty soon. I'm sure of that much! We should see something going on with them thins fall. I'm just feeling the momentum slowly licking up.:smile:

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
The sad thing is.. I realised something. Between this and James Blunt on Sesame Street... what celebrities do we have that would actually work with the muppets... what celebrities do we have period? Bad ones...

Anyway, I will say this, as moronic, pointless, one dimentional, shallow, humorless, juvenile, mundane, poorly written, pedestrian, and just over all crappy these Dizzy tweencoms are, they are successful. So successful (as I've stated in the "Shows that overstayed their welcome" thread) Cartoon Network is considering shizzy like this. So they're doing something right. Siggghhhhh...
I dunno, I think there are a lot of talented, well-known people out there who would be willing to work with the Muppets. Maybe not necessarily "celebrities", but people whose names' gather attention. Will Ferrell, who, like him or not, is an exceptionally funny and talented guy, has stated repeatedly that he loves the Muppets and would work with them in half a heartbeat.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
And furthermore, I think that these Mini Movies could be a good place to start off, get kids interested in the Muppets again. It could be a good way to, I dunno, "trick" them into falling in love with the Muppets. Throw stars like Zac Efron together with them, have kids tune in for the stars, and then they'll slowly and inadvertently gain an obsession with the Muppets. Then, a new show could be done, and no matter who the guest star was, they'd watch it because we tricked them into wanting to see the Muppets, not the stars.

I'm talking out of my posterior, but I dunno, this makes sense to me.