1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

"Disney Drive On" possible new web series?

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by galagr, Jul 31, 2014.

1. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Active Member

I might take time to watch this...sounds interesting.

2. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Episode 3 just can't come sooner!!

3. Mad Monty fan

Mad Monty fan Active Member

I think you might be right about Carter. I saw the preview for the next episode and the muppet in that preview looked very much like Carter.

4. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if they released episodes 3 and 4 yet?

muppetlover123 likes this.
  5. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

6. fozzieisfunny

7. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Your welcome.

8. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I watched both and they were pretty good! I liked episode 4 way better then 3. Episode 4 was just a little more entertaining to me! Episode 5 and 6 look really good and funny!

9. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I'm surprised Zach Braff's guest appearance didn't feature him plugging his Kickstarter, lol. I thought these two episodes were more interesting than the first two, they were a fun watch.

10. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I'm really liking how Pepe is calling Walter Howard. I almost think they should change his name to Howard.

11. fozzieisfunny

I know, right?!?

12. ConstantineFan

ConstantineFan New Member

well, they did references to Peter Pan and Oz: The Great and Powerful in this weeks episodes.

So that means that the Diamond Edition of Peter Pan and Oz: The Great and Powerful came out on DVD and Blu-Ray while they were filming the series.

13. fozzieisfunny

Well, that makes sense.

14. Muppet Master

I loved episodes 3 and 4, much better than the first two for whatever reason if they were both good. I loved Walter going into the "trash-can tunnel". I also loved episode 4's audition plot, it was so much like the Steve Martin TMS episode. Also, I wish Animal had done a drum solo with Zach Braff, but still it was awesome! Can't wait for the last two episodes next week, also I think we can now agree that every show's credits are the same. Also, Bobo's hardly done anything yet! :eek:

15. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Episode 3, I enjoyed. Episode 4, I found quite dull. Some music would've helped. The whole "audition" sequence felt a tad wonky, much like the Lady Gaga special bit that was, essentially, the same exact thing (this was filmed first, so I guess it's okay?). I did like that they actually spelled Pepe's pronunciation of "wimmens" on the board though.

16. goldenstate5

goldenstate5 Active Member

It's becoming more and more obvious this was supposed to be released in early/summer 2013 but for some bizarre reason was held off.

Frankenweenie hit blu-ray/DVD in early January 2013 (Martin Landau), Monsters Inc then hit 3D blu-ray in February (Jennifer Tilly), Peter Pan being released almost exactly around the same time on blu-ray (10th Old Man), and then finally they delve out of home releases for a promotion for Oz the Great and Powerful which was released that March (Zach Braff). Not to mention that Wreck-It Ralph was also released on blu-ray/DVD around this time as well, given the not-so-subtle tie-in of the arcade cabinet.

Next week is featuring Richard Sherman (the composer) and Mary Poppins blu-ray/Saving Mr. Banks wouldn't occur until much later in the year... however, Oz the Great and Powerful was released on blu-ray almost exactly around the time the first Saving Mr. Banks trailer was released in June/July 2013. So my immediate guess is that Disney financed two sets of three episodes: one for the winter of 2013, and another for the summer of 2013 based around Disney digital content (remember every release had a corresponding digital release, and trailers come with that)... each one was probably supposed to be bandied with an advertisement for whatever they are promoting. Only until we see what the sixth episode advertises can this theory be truly confirmed. (my guess? an ad for the original MMW teaser which came out in July 2013)

It is, however, fairly unsettling that these episodes were produced and clearly meant to be a marketing gimmick using the Muppets to showcase attention onto other things only to be pulled, and then ironically used as a promotion for ITSELF. I wonder if Disney saw production dailies of MMW coming in right as these were being edited and finished, got worried and pulled the ads just in case the home video release needed an extra oomph in the case that the movie underperforms. (hoping no one would notice the oddly dated marketing gimmicks) It's a strange theory, but that's the only one that seems plausible.

The actual episodes are likable and cute, and kind of gives weight to the idea behind a new Muppet show.

Muppet Master likes this.
  17. Muppet Master

That's probably true, but I'm curious, if MMW had been a smash hit, then would they ever even release Disney-Drive On at all?

18. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

Can someone please put the latest episodes on YouTube? Ignore what I just said, I found them. The girl in the red dress is smoking! , .

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    Muppet Master and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  19. Muppet Master

Yes, good they were uploaded, or I'd have to do it myself, and it wouldn't be pretty.

20. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Is it necessary to point out the attractiveness of every woman in every Muppet production?