"Disney Drive On" possible new web series?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well... they could start filming new episodes, now... if they get REALLY popular.
Well, it's NOT going to be on Youtube, so unless you constantly go on ToughPigs like I do, and see that the other episodes will be on a different website, then I think casual fans will be scratching their heads at why there aren't any other episodes on Youtube.

fozzieisfunny

Reaction score
Well, it's NOT going to be on Youtube, so unless you constantly go on ToughPigs like I do, and see that the other episodes will be on a different website, then I think casual fans will be scratching their heads at why there aren't any other episodes on Youtube.
Oh, I go to ToughPigs every day, and I know they'll be at Disney Movies Anywhere.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Oh, I go to ToughPigs every day, and I know they'll be at Disney Movies Anywhere.
Ya, but NOT everyone does. Oh well, there'll be more muppet web shorts, hopefully. Also it says that the series will only be on for a LIMITED time, so I'm going to film the episodes, and save them on my flash drive before they are taken off.

goldenstate5

Reaction score
Sadly yes, :frown: again it was made in late 2012, and wasn't released until now.
Well that explains the Wreck-It Ralph plug. I was thinking, "Why would they be pushing a two-year-old Disney animation flick?" (I'm guessing they ADR'd the MMW press junket line)

It also explains why Jennifer Tilly looks as good as she did.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
Oy, let's not start that debate again...

Yeah, I was wondering that myself. The grimace/scrunch on his face almost says "Yeah, I wish", or "If only". Perhaps it was to say that he didn't want to go on the date with Miss Piggy?

I've been thinking about this production as a whole today, and, of course, I'm excited. I know a few fans may detest the use of Walter as the main character, but, if they play their cards right, I think this show can do loads for him as far as character development goes.

As of late, fans have started to have a mixed reaction towards Walter, mainly his role in MMW. They've been saying things like "Scooter could've filled in his part just fine" or "Was there really any purpose to his appearance?". Now, I don't necessarily disagree to these things. But, Walter is in the beginning stages of becoming a character. I think the writers are still trying to figure exactly who he is as a character. Sure, he's a muppet fan. Sure, he's nice. Sure, he can whistle.

But, that's just about all we know about him so far. I hate it when one of the few words you can use to describe a character is "nice". That's one of the most generic words you can use. I think (and really hope) that this web series can do good things for him. Give him all kinds of traits and quirks, really make him a part of the Muppet family. Then, I hope, he'll be less Scooter-like, and become his own character. Then, they can start downplaying his roles because they've developed him as a character. Win-win situation, really.

As for fans who detest Pepe...sorry. Really nothing I can do for ya.
The comparisons people make between Scooter and Walter are nothing but Muppet racism. (Kind of tongue-in-cheek, but also kind of true) :wink:

Here's a little editorial I contributed about Walter over at the Mindset a while ago: Walter - Unsung Muppet Hero

It clears up this two-dimensional misconception.

Anyway, I love this series so far. It's not too heavy-handed with the jokes. Oh, and I'd let Carl lick my head any time he wants. :eek: That came out wrong.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well that explains the Wreck-It Ralph plug. I was thinking, "Why would they be pushing a two-year-old Disney animation flick?" (I'm guessing they ADR'd the MMW press junket line)

It also explains why Jennifer Tilly looks as good as she did.
It also explains why Martin Landau is dubbing dialogue for Frankenweenie.

goldenstate5

Reaction score
It also explains why Martin Landau is dubbing dialogue for Frankenweenie.
Haha I just noticed that. I was even thinking, "What movie is Landau associated in with Disney now?"

Heck, what was Jennifer Tilly doing for Disney in 2012? She wasn't even in "Monsters University"!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
This feels like a Muppets Tonight show for the "still active" muppets which are Pepe, Bobo,and Big Mean Carl.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Caught the second episode after having a bit of trouble getting into Disney Movies Anytime (guess if you have an account with ESPN, their sister site, it causes some password confusion). I'm still not sure exactly what Jennifer Tilly was promoting to be working with the Muppets, but she seems to have quite the arm, lol.