Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Yes he is...I am really liking the sound of this project! Really really liking it.

Muppet Studeos?
That could be a number of things. It could be in the henson studios in there screening room. If you heard the henson podcast that took a tour of the henson studios they could be using that. There could also be a Muppet workshop type place in L.A that none of us really know about. My thing is if it is just a Muppet Workshop how could they turn that into a real live movie studio.

Drtooth

Reaction score
in reguards to that article...

You gotta love how P'd that Segal was about them selling it to Disney. But I'm not getting into that argument. Just pointing out that's the exact passion that's behind the movie.

BTW, when the heck was this Muppets in the Old West movie? I don't remember it that well.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
in reguards to that article...

You gotta love how P'd that Segal was about them selling it to Disney. But I'm not getting into that argument. Just pointing out that's the exact passion that's behind the movie.

BTW, when the heck was this Muppets in the Old West movie? I don't remember it that well.
Oh I know what you mean about the Disney thing. When I read that all i could think was "He Get's It."

"Muppets Go West" Ya know i don't know we keep hearing that is what he is tired of seeing,so there may have been a script out there that had the Muppet in the old west. The Muppet Movie had an old west part, but i really don't think that is what he is talking about.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
That could be a number of things. It could be in the henson studios in there screening room. If you heard the henson podcast that took a tour of the henson studios they could be using that. There could also be a Muppet workshop type place in L.A that none of us really know about. My thing is if it is just a Muppet Workshop how could they turn that into a real live movie studio.
In the article he is talking about shooting in LA on the Jim Henson Company Lot. It's the old Charlie Chaplin "Studios" on LaBrea... This is what he is referring to as Muppet Studios.

http://www.cobbles.com/simpp_archive/charlie-chaplin-studio.htm

dwayne1115

Reaction score

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
"Muppet Studios" aka The Jim Henson Company on La Brea looks like this today:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
"Muppet Studios" aka The Jim Henson Company on La Brea looks like this today:

yea I think that will look really cool! I wonder if they will change the name of the studio or keep it The Jim Henson Company? I think it would be nice if they did but if thy dont i could understand it.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Those studios belong to the JHC but Disney let them keep the Kermit statue.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I go and sit infront of there when I'm sad, I think about Jim and all the great stuff he did and have some lunch and I feel better.
I hope they never change the place.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I was talking about for the movie changing the name to The Muppet Studios. I think they should keep the JHC name, and use it in the stroy line. After so many years the Muppets inheite Jim Henson Studios.When they Studious they also find that there is oil underneath them. That would be the way I woulgo with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.