1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fan-Fiction: The Muppets' Mid-Age Crisis

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by theprawncracker, Oct 23, 2008.

1. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Chapter 7

Kermit darted past Fozzie, Scooter, Robin, Gonzo, and the horse without a word.

The five of them exchanged looks of confusion as Kermit pulled an about-face and returned to their position. “Scooter, load up the things—” Kermit started.

“We don’t have any things,” Scooter said.

“Erm… well, load up Fozzie! We’ve got a mission!” Kermit said quickly.

“A mission?” everyone (except the horse, of course) asked in unison.

“But Uncle Kermit,” Robin said, “I thought you were going to marry the princess!”

‘I was, Robin,” Kermit said. “Well… I am—erm, that is, I hope to. That’s why we’re going on the mission, you see.”

Gonzo’s eyes widened. “Does that mean if I go on the mission, I could marry the princess?” he asked wildly.

Kermit scrunched up his face. “No, I’m afraid not,” he said.

The Duke of Wherever sighed. He then shrugged with a much happier tone. “Well… she’s not the only pig in the sty!” he said. “Ha ha!”

Fozzie turned and looked at Kermit. “The princess is a pig, Kermit?” the bear asked. He bit his bottom lip nervously. “I guess that makes her a royal boar! Ahh! Get it? Wocka! Wocka!” Fozzie said, delivering the pun.

“Stop that,” Scooter pleaded with the bear.

“Erm, guys?” Kermit said. “The mission?”

“Right, c’mon guys, we have to focus,” Fozzie said. “Where are we going, Kermit?”

“I’m… not exactly sure,” the frog said.

“Well what’re we looking for?” Gonzo asked.

Kermit cleared his throat. “The jeweled chalice of Queen Francis IV,” he said proudly.

“What’s a chalice?” Scooter asked.

“I think it’s a type of bird,” Fozzie said.

“No, no,” Gonzo interjected, “it’s a rare type of cheese!”

“Well whatever it is,” Kermit said, “I’ve got to find it. So who’s with me?”

“I am, boss!” Scooter said eagerly.

“You can count on me too, Kermit!” Fozzie said.

“Yeah, me too!” Gonzo said. “Surely the adventure will be filled with intrigue, danger, suspense—all my favorite subjects! Ha ha!” the weirdo said, laughing wildly.

Kermit frowned. “Gonzo’s right,” he said softly. “Robin,” he turned to his nephew, “this adventure is much too dangerous for a small frog like you!”

Robin gasped. “But Uncle Kermit, I have to go with you!” he whined. “Who else is going to protect you?”

“The question is, young nephew, is who is going to protect you?” Kermit responded.

You, of course, Uncle Kermit!” Robin said.

Kermit scrunched up his face. “But that leaves no one to protect me!” he said.

“I’ll protect you, Kermit!” Fozzie said worriedly.

“Not helping, Fozzie,” the older frog chided gently.

Please can I go with you, Uncle Kermit?” Robin begged. “I won’t take up much space! Why, you could carry me right in your nap-sack if you wanted!”

“Yes, but then where would I stash my nap?” Kermit asked.

“But I’m the one who needs a nap, Uncle Kermit!” Robin argued. “And I can nap in the sack! See? I even give the bag a purposeful name! I’m already helping!”

Kermit shook his head. “It is out of the question, dear nephew. You simply are not going,” the knight said.

“Uncle Kermit I have to go!” Robin said, now trying to argue the case of reason. “Where will I stay?”

“I’ve got it!” Gonzo said, jumping in between the two frogs. “We can drop him off at my castle in the Land of Wherever! If we leave now he’ll be there just in time for the yogurt gargling competition!”

Kermit stared at his new friend the Duke. “Erm… on second thought… maybe he should come with us.”

Yay!” Robin chirped joyously, hopping up and down. “Oh, don’t worry, Uncle Kermit! I’ll be as quiet as a mouse, as unseen as the wind, as distant as Albuquerque!”

“Which is already more than you can say for Gonzo,” Scooter said.

Just then, the rumbling feet of Sweetums the Captain of the Guard barreled towards the group. “Sir Kermit!” the monster bellowed. “Wait!”

The guard skidded to a halt in front of the frog and panted heavily. “You… forgot your… sword!” Sweetums pulled out the frog’s gleaming silver sword from behind his back and passed it on to the knight.

“Oh!” Kermit said, taking his sword. “Thank you, Captain Sweetums. You’ve certainly made this journey a lot more… defended.”

“No problem,” Sweetums said, standing proudly. “Good luck on that journey—not that ya have much competition.” Sweetums motioned behind his back with his huge thumb.

Kermit and the others peered around the hulking monster and watched as Link tried (and failed numerous times) to climb up the single step into a carriage being pulled by two horses with Strangepork at the reins.

“C’mon, Link!” Strangepork scolded the dim-witted prince. “You’re letting ze frog get a head schtart!”

As Link slipped on the step again, falling on his empty head, the right (as opposed to wrong?), brown horse whinnied, obviously laughing at the pig. “Get a load of our cargo, Wayne!” the horse (yes, ladies and germs, the horse) said to his partner in a rather obvious Jersey (Joisey?) accent.

His partner—the left, gray horse (apparently named Wayne)—looked back at Link scrambling from the ground. Wayne sighed. “Unbelievable, Geoffrey,” he said with a thick British accent. “How do we always get saddled with such buffoons?”

“Foist of all,” Geoffrey said, “it’s Jeff. Second… we’re horses! Did ya expect us t’get car-seated with the buffoons?” Jeff asked, laughing at his own joke.

Wayne stared at his partner. “What on earth is a car?” he asked.

“Okay!” Link shouted, poking his huge head out of the carriage window. “I’m ready!”

Strangepork rolled his eyes and shook his head. “It’s going to be a long trip…” he muttered.

“Ooh… well I’m warning you now,” Link said, “I need a pit stop at least every hour.”

The reins clacked as Strangepork set the horses hooves moving. They trotted past Kermit and his gang of merry things. Wayne and Jeff looked back at Kermit’s horse as they passed.

“I say,” Wayne said, “certainly doesn’t look like a very smart fellow.”

Kermit frowned. “What’d I ever do to you?” he asked.

“Not you, flippers!” Jeff said. “The four-legged thing you call a horse standin’ behind ya!”

Fozzie rubbed the horse’s snout gently. “Aww, don’t listen to them,” he said. “You’re very smart for a horse! You beat us all in Go Fish, didn’t you?”

Gonzo folded his arms and huffed angrily. “He stacked the deck…”

Link, head still out the window, looked back at Kermit. “Bye, bye hippity-hop! See you at my coronation!”

Kermit’s expression was one of frozen distaste and apathy for the pig. “Good grief,” he sighed finally. “Can we get going, please?”

“Yeah!” Robin said courageously, taking a step down the path (of greatness?). “It’s time to be brave and valiant and find the malice of Queen Fran of Four!”

“That’s the chalice of Queen Francis IV,” Scooter corrected the young frog.

Gonzo gasped. “Where? We’re supposed to be looking for that!”

Kermit scrunched up his face again. He decided the best course of action would be to just climb atop his horse and ride off into the sunset—and hope the others followed.

Just before he could ride off into the sunset (although… it is only midday), Sweetums said his goodbyes to the brave and valiant froggy knight.

“Well, g’bye Kermit!” he said. “Good luck and all—I’ll put in a good word for ya with the castle staff!” he said with a chuckle.

“Thank thee, fair Sweetums,” Kermit said. “Your noble act of nobility shall forever be remembered if I do one day become king!”

“Whatever ya say,” Sweetums grunted. He bent down to Robin’s level and smiled at the little frog. “You be careful out there, okay little buddy?” he said, sweeping Robin into his massive palm. “It’s a dangerous kingdom!”

“Oh, I will, Sweetums!” Robin said eagerly. “I’ll miss you though!”

“Aww,” Sweetums cooed (…Sweetums? Cooing? How strange). “I’ll miss you too pal.”

Just then, a thought doth poppethed into yonder brave and valiant knight’s head. “Hark, Sweetums! A proposal I have for you!”

“Propose? But… Kermit,” Fozzie whispered, “you’re supposed to marry the princess!”

Kermit frowned down at the bear. “Fozzie!” he groaned.

Sweetums looked up at the frog. “What’s yer proposal?” he asked.

“Take care of my nephew Robin while Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, my horse, and I venture out into the dangerous kingdom,” Kermit said. “If you complete this simple task for me, when I return to become king, I shall make you commander of the entire royal army!”

What?” Sweetums and Robin both shouted.

Sweetums eyes lit up as visions of commanding his very own royal army danced (ravaged?) through his head. “It’s a deal!” he declared happily.

“Oh good,” Kermit said with a smile.

But Uncle Kermit!” Robin whined heavily. “You said I could go!”

“That’s right, you did say that, Kermit,” Fozzie reminded his friend the frog.

“Yes, nephew Robin—and advisor Fozzie—I did say that,” Kermit said. “But that was before I thought of a much more important mission for you!”

Robin gasped. “A mission?” he asked. “Oh, Uncle Kermit, what is it?” The young frog had clearly forgotten about having been duped by his uncle.

“Young Robin, I need you to not only get to know the entire castle staff, but I also need you to get to know the princess,” Kermit said. “And, uh, maybe help her to know me a little better too,” Kermit said with a goofy smile.

“What a great mission!” Robin said. “Oh boy! I’m gonna get to know everybody!”

“Do me proud, nephew,” Kermit said. “I know you won’t disappoint.”

Kermit turned on the horse and withdrew his sword, shining it in the air picturesquely. “Now, men, let us begin our journey into the unknown! Huzzah!” Kermit shouted.

“Huzzah!” Fozzie, Scooter, and Gonzo responded.

Unfortunately… the huzzahing shocked Kermit’s horse and set him off in a dead bolt into the woods near the castle.

Scooter, Fozzie, and Gonzo stared off as the horse galloped away with their fearful leader. “I think that’s our cue to go,” Gonzo said.

Scooter nodded. “Bye Robin!” he said.

“Bye Scooter! Bye Fozzie! Bye Gonzo!” Robin called after them as they chased after the horse.

Sweetums shook his head. “I dunno who’s gonna make it back from this journey… but I hope it’s the frog,” he said.

“Me too!” Robin added. “My Uncle Kermit’s gonna make a great king!”

<-> <-> <-> <-> <->

“Uncle Deadly! Uncle Deadly!” Polly shouted, barging into Deadly’s inner-sanctum. “The frog and the pig have set off on their journeys!”

Uncle Deadly sulked out from the shadows and grinned wickedly. “Good, good,” he hissed. “Now all that remains is ensuring the frog returns with the chalice and not that idiot pig.”

“How are ya gonna do that, boss?” Polly asked.

“How else?” Deadly asked. “Cheating, of course!”

Clueless shook his head. “Mother said to never cheat!” he said. “…Too bad dad never said that.”

“You three will follow the frog and his friends and do whatever you can to ensure they find that chalice!” Uncle Deadly explained.

“What if they see us?” Monty asked.

Uncle Deadly shrugged carelessly. “Tell them you’re travelling salesmen.”

“But what are we selling?” Clueless asked. “Oh, I hope it’s scented candles!”

“I’ll turn you into a scented candle if you don’t can it!” Deadly hissed.

“Can a candle?” Clueless asked. “Candle in a can… I could sell it!”

“Just go, you idiots!” Uncle Deadly shouted.

“But boss… how’re we gonna know what you want us to do?” Polly asked. “I mean… I dunno if you noticed, but Clueless ain’t exactly da sharpest sword in the sheath!”

“Don’t worry about that,” Deadly said. “If I need to contact you… I will. Now be gone!” the dark wizard told his minions, sending them back down the flight of seemingly endless stairs.

Uncle Deadly turned and tapped his crystal ball with his wand. It flashed to find Kermit getting carried away by his horse. Deadly frowned. “It looks like they’re going to need a lot of help.” He scratched the back of his head with his wand. “…Maybe I should’ve sent someone other than those nincompoops.”
  2. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

Oh I love it. OH I LOVE it! The horses, the ROBIN, the Sweetums, the napsack, the Link! The cheating! The CANDLES! Canned candles. And Uncle Deadly! Oh awesomeness. Happiness! MORE PLEASE! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
  3. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

Fantastic! Totally love the role Robin is playing; it's totally fit for him. Hilarious as always; I can't wait for more!:)
  4. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I like the way Kermit swindled Robin in the end. Very nice.
  5. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Pokey pokey, eggs and bacon... Update pwease?
  6. theprawncracker

Chapter 8

Kermit nobly rode atop his horse, finally having regained control thanks in part to more than one promise of a bag of oats (17 promises, to be precise).

Fozzie the Comedian, Scooter the Squire, and Gonzo the Duke of Wherever walked alongside Kermit and the horse grudgingly, clothes notably tattered after chasing said horse through a patch of thorns the likes of which would pop even the flattest of egos.

After a few moments of walking in silence, Fozzie looked up at the frog on the horse. “Um, Kermit?” he asked.

Kermit looked down. “Yes Fozzie?”

“Where are we going?” Fozzie asked sheepishly.

Kermit pulled back on the reigns and stopped slowly, Fozzie and the others followed suit. He stared ahead silently. “Where are we going?” he asked, quite annoyed.

“I told you we should’ve stopped for directions!” Scooter said.

“HA!” Gonzo laughed. “Who needs direction? Life’s more fun while flying by the seat of your pants!”

“But I’m not wearing pants,” Fozzie said.

“And neither am I,” Kermit said, “so we’re stopping for directions.”

“Good idea. Wish I’d thought of it,” Scooter said sarcastically.

“Well where can we stop for directions?” Gonzo asked as the search party (searching for that chalice, remember?) resumed their trek. “We’re in the middle of a dank and dark wood!”

At that moment, they emerged from the dank and dark wood and were staring at a small pub on the edge of an empty road.

Gonzo’s eyes widened. “What a ridiculous coincidence!”

“Come, my band of merry men! We shall away to yonder pub!” Kermit declared.

“We’re not the band of merry men,” Fozzie said, “they are!” The bear pointed off in the distance to a grove where five extremely colorful men (one also notably a woman) stood clutching instruments and smiling.

Kermit scrunched up his face. “Dr. Teeth, guys, this isn’t your scene!”

“We are well aware,” Dr. Teeth said with a grin. “We just enjoy watching from the sidelines and providing dramatic rifts!”

“Rully,” Janice said with a nod, “and, like, we totally wanted a drink. We’re parched!”

“ALE! ALE!” Animal roared.

Kermit frowned. “Fine. Just keep it down, will ya?” he asked.

“No worries, my frog!” Floyd assured the knight. “We’ll be quieter than a rock band at a rap concert!”

“Right,” Kermit said, “because both of those things have been invented…”

Bidding farewell to the band that should’ve kept quiet, Kermit and the others carried on towards the pub. Kermit hopped down off the horse and tied him off on a stake posted in front of the small pub. As they approached the door they stopped to stare at a sign posted. “No shirt, no shoes, no comment,” Kermit read, “Your lifestyle is your choice, not ours.”

“Huh!” Fozzie said. “Seems like a fancy place!”

All of a sudden, a body was hurled through the glass window at the side of the pub and landed with a thud in the mud (nice, nice rhyme).

“Seems like a pretty active place too!” Scooter declared, shirking away from the body.

“Seems like my kind of place!” Gonzo shouted. “C’mon!” The Duke darted away from the group and ran through the door.

“Gonzo!” Kermit called after him. “Sheesh! C’mon guys,” he said to Fozzie and Scooter.

The inside of the pub was dark and smoky. In every corner, Kermit assumed, there was a villain waiting to come at him with a sword twice his size. He gulped quietly.

“Where’s Gonzo?” Scooter asked, looking around.

“WHA HA HA HA HA!” Gonzo screamed as he was flung through the air, colliding with Scooter. He bounced up enthusiastically. “Whoo! Kermit you have got to meet some of these guys! They’re great! Ha ha!”

Kermit frowned. “No thanks,” he said. “I’m gonna go order and drink and take a look around, you guys stay out of trouble, alright?”

Kermit strolled carefully in between the tables, dodging glances from thieves, hoodlums, monsters, and other all around bad guys.

When he finally reached the bar at the other end of the room he sat down at a high chair and breathed a sigh of relief. He then glanced over and stared into some huge, yellowing teeth attached to a menacingly furry body. He shuddered and turned away.

The bartender was standing with his back to the frog, wiping off a shelf. “Erm, excuse me?” Kermit asked.

The bartender turned around and was revealed to be a furry brown dog with a shiny black nose and a wide grin. “Evenin’!” the dog said with a gruff, country accent. “What can I do ya for?”

“Well, ya see, I’m Kermit the Frog, brave and valiant knight—and, well, my friends and I are on a noble journey—”

“The only kind worth goin’ on,” the bartender quipped with a smirk.

“Right, well, the thing is… we don’t exactly know where it is we’re trying to journey to,” Kermit said.

“Hmm,” the dog said, picking up a large glass mug and wiping the inside of it. “Well… for starters, I’m Rowlf, Rowlf the Dog. Second, you look like you could use a drink.” he twirled the mug around in his hand, sloshed in a pint of ale, and slid the glass in front of Kermit.

Kermit stared down at the foaming drink before him. “Sorry, but no thanks,” he said. “I’m driving.”

Rowlf shrugged. “Suit yerself,” he said, pulling the drink back beneath the bar. “So tell me, where is it exactly that you need directions to?”

“Well, you see, I’m trying to court a princess and become king!” Kermit said. “But in order to do so, I have to find the jeweled chalice of Queen Francis IV and return said chalice to the pedestal of insomniac royals, thus finally putting to sleep the souls of years of crabby relatives!”

Rowlf stared at the frog. “Sounds like you’ve been rehearsin’ that,” he said.

Kermit nodded. “I had to find someway to pass the time.”

“Well lucky for you, Kermit, I happen to have heard a few rumors in my day,” Rowlf said, “and one of those rumors happens to be about that chalice you’re lookin’ for!”

Kermit gasped happily. “You don’t say! Well, gee, that’s great! What do you—”

Behind Kermit, the sound of a table breaking and glasses crashing filled the pub. Kermit frowned. He knew, immediately, who the cause of the problem was.

He turned around and watched as Gonzo was cornered by half a dozen burly fellows with table rubble beneath their feet.

Rowlf peered around Kermit’s shoulder and looked at Gonzo. “Friend’a yours?” he asked.

Kermit scrunched up his face. “How’d you guess?”

Rowlf shrugged. “Instinct,” he said.

Kermit was entering panic mode by this time. “What should I do?”

“There’s only one thing that’ll clear these thugs outta here,” Rowlf said.

“What’s that?” Kermit asked.

“A snappy song and dance number!” Rowlf said, coming out from behind the bar and moving toward a run-down wooden piano against the side wall.

“Of course,” Kermit said, following the dog.

Fozzie and Scooter ran up to the knight, also in a state of panic. “Ker-mit!” Fozzie whined. “What’re we gonna do?”

“We need a snappy song and dance number,” Kermit said, “and fast!”

“No sweat, boss man!” Scooter declared. “Fozzie and I know one by heart!”

“The heck you say!” Kermit shouted.

“No, really!” Fozzie said.

“How is that possible?” Kermit asked.

Scooter and Fozzie shrugged. “What else did you expect us to do while you were meeting with the princess?” Scooter asked.

“Yeah, after the horse beat Gonzo in cards we had nothing better to do!” Fozzie said.

“Whatever!” Kermit said. “Just dance!”

Rowlf sat down at the piano and started playing an upbeat beat and Fozzie and Scooter followed with a dance that matched.

The attention of the thugs in the bar was drawn toward the piano as Scooter danced to the front and Fozzie danced behind him.

I may go out tomorrow
    If I can borrow
    A coat to wear,” Scooter sang.
    Oh, I’d step out in style
    With my sincere smile
    And my dancing bear!

Outrageous, alarming,
    Courageous, charming,” the squire sang cheerfully.
    Oh who would think
    A boy and bear
    Could be well accepted
    Everywhere
    It’s just amazing
    How fair people can be!

Rowlf grinned as he tickled the ivories on the piano, getting into the song by dancing a little himself.

The violent crowd’s faces of anger turned to faces of utter horror as the song continued.

Seen at the nicest places
    Where well-fed faces
    All stop to stare,” Scooter continued.
    Making the grandest entrance
    Is Simon Smith and his Dancing Bear!

They’ll love us!” Scooter declared.

Won’t they?” Fozzie asked.

They feed us!

Don’t they?” Fozzie asked again.

Oh, who would think a boy and bear
    Could be well-accepted everywhere
    It’s just amazing how fair
    People can be!” Scooter sang.

As Rowlf took to his piano solo, Kermit watched as the crowd began to quickly dissipate out the front door of the pub.

Oh who needs money?” Scooter sang.

“When we’re funny!” Fozzie shouted. “Wocka! Wocka!”

The great attraction everywhere
    Will be Simon Smith and his Dancing Bear—
    It’s Simon Smith, and his amazing…
    Dancing… Bear!” Scooter sang, holding the last note while Fozzie moved to the front to dance around.

“Yes! Go Scooter!” Fozzie declared.

“I will, Fozzie!” Scooter said happily, dancing alongside the bear.

Kermit and Rowlf exchanged glances. “Erm, guys?” Kermit said.

“Not now, Kermit, we’re dancing our scares away!” Fozzie said.

“But they’re all gone,” Kermit said.

Fozzie and Scooter stopped abruptly and looked around the now empty pub. “Oh,” they said together.

Gonzo ran over, laughing. “That was great you guys!” he laughed. “But did ya have to scare away the others? They were just about to let me have it!”

“Sheesh,” Kermit said, shaking his head. “Now, Rowlf, about that rumor…”
  7. TogetherAgain

DANCING OUR SCARES AWAY! HAHAHAHAAAA!

And the Electric Mayhem, and just how quiet they'll be... and the thugs! SIMON SMITH!

AND! ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWLF!

<GLOMP> Very nice chapter. VERY nice indeed.

MORE PLEASE! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
  8. The Count

Update! Update!

The pub just being there... You "borrowed" from LTS fof that? Just make sure you return it, they need that plane to get to the North Pole. Though I thought it'd make more sense if they simply booked passage on the Polar Express.

The pub... You "borrowed" from the El Sleazo did you? Good to finally find Rowlf there. *Wonders if the man tossed out at the beginning of the scene in Prawny's fic was the El Sleazo's Owner too.

Simon Smith... Heard that coming from a mile away. Felt that long since the last chapter was posted.

Electric Mayhem cameo... Extra icing on the chapter.

Now post more! *Blasts :zany: :zany: :zany: into Prawny to get him to post.
  9. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

That was cute. :)

I particularly liked the El Sleazo homage.

You know what you need? You need that Muppetmonkey guy to draw this fic.
  10. The Count

Yes... Just like I need him or some other talented forum friend Muppet illustrator for a secret Sesame project. :search:
  11. AnimatedC9000

AnimatedC9000 Well-Known Member

Wow, what an amazing new chapter! The EM was in it! And so was Rowlf! And we FINALLY had a song and dance number! Wow! When's the next chapter coming up?
  12. TogetherAgain

But why make sense when it's more profitable to make dollars?

On behalf of my Half... <pulls out a crystal ball> The next chapter... will come... <stares deeply into ball> ...OWWW! Headache! Headache, headache, headaaaaache! Remind me not to stare so hard. But the next chapter is coming, um... eventually! ...Right. Now I get back to reading Chaucer like a good little girl.
  13. The Count

You mean more like three good little girls? ;() Chaucer, the guy who told his story by having each character tell their own little story to pass the time until they got to wherever it was they were going in the first place. So where were they going anyway? :o I don't know, I think it was over that rainbow, or maybe to the rainbow's end... How am I supposed to know! I didn't write the thing! Scooooooter! ! !
  14. Muppetfan44

hooray! an update! I have definitely been missing fan fiction in the past few weeks. I hope everyone posts updates soon! I love that Rowlf is the bartender and now part of the story. Perfect tie-in to "Simon Smith". Keep up the great work and I encourage all fan-fic writers to update soon.

*after my big appellate brief assignment is turned in; I'm starting my Calendar Girl series i've been wanting to write, but until then.. :cry:I need new updates.."Amazon? Moi? Kermie's Girl, Change of Heart, Together Again,a Muppet fan-fiction... i am begging for new updates to all these great stories and all the others soon!:cry:
  15. The Count

Def looking forward to your Calendar Girl series... Just hope it's erm, readable. *Nervous smilie.
  16. Muppetfan44

haha, oh it will. I'm really excited because I have the first three Miss Piggy Calendars from 80-82 and all of the pics and comments are great. I hope to post pics to go along with the stories, but until my huge writing assignment is done sometime in March, i definitely won't have time to write it; all the more reason to anxiously await updates from all the awesome fanfic writers!

Please update soon everyone!
  17. The Count

Yes... Got some thoughts for the models of my own, but it keeps playing out into unsure doubts within the grander schemes of the castle's counted cast. Looking forward to your Calendar series as maybe that'll give me some inspiration for mine. Also, dunno if it's all of Ru's ushgush and from others, but I find at times wanting a rully good/dirty romance story. Heh, oh well.

*Leaves muffins for Prawny, no, not the ones with the award winner's name in an envelope the Swedish Chef made last year. :zany:
  18. The Count

*Fires photon torpedo at Mr. Weirdo, er Prawn. Post more story soon-ish!
  19. theprawncracker

Chapter 9

Having successfully been given a tour of the castle and those who reside in it (and having done so while the omniscient narrator was coincidentally grabbing a bite to eat from Maroni’s Macaroni Emporium—highly recommended. You know—the place down on Third Street? I met a really cute waitress there once, we talked, I left her my phone number… but unfortunately she thought it was the tip. I knew I should’ve never started writing commas instead of hyphens when I write phone numbers. It’s dangerous, I tell ya!), Robin the Nephew of Kermit the Brave and Valiant Knight and Sweetums the Captain of the Guard made their respective ways into the throne room.

“Gee, Sweetums,” Robin said cutely, “thanks so much for showin’ me around the castle! I didn’t realize it was so big!”

Sweetums nodded his shaggy head. “Yup, the Princess’s servants need a lot of room,” the monster guard said.

“Why’s that?” Robin asked curiously.

“So they can hide from the Princess, of course!” Sweetums said with a chuckle.

The large door across the throne room from where Robin and Sweetums were talking pushed open loudly. Sweetums gulped. “Speakin’ of hiding,” he said, “ya better get behind me, little buddy!”

“Why?” Robin asked.

“The rest of the castle doesn’t exactly know you’re here… so for now it’s just a good idea if you stay hidden,” Sweetums explained, pushing the little frog behind his leg.

Sam strutted himself in to center of the throne room and approached Sweetums, not knowing of the little frog hiding behind the burly monster. “Good day, captain Sweetums! All fine and under control here in the kingdom, I assume?” the eagle asked.

Sweetums nervously cleared his throat. “Yes sir, everything’s all under control! Nothing’s amiss! Everything’s a frog—er… everything’s… just fine!”

“Good, captain Sweetums, good!” Sam said. “You know we’re being more and more cautious nowadays—what with that untrustworthy frog being within our midst earlier.”

“I thought he was trustworthy,” Sweetums mumbled.

“Hmph!” Sam scoffed. “Hardly. He was eyeing everything with a mind to steal it, I’m sure of it. What we should have is insurance!”

“I thought we already got plague insurance if we were employed here,” Sweetums said.

“Plaque insurance?” Sam asked. “No, no, no! We don’t get dental! Only health! I’m saying we need castle insurance!”

Sweetums scratched his helmeted head. “Why would we need castle insurance?” he asked.

Sam sighed heavily. “So we’re insured when the frog steals everything once he becomes king!” Sam explained.

“So you do think the frog’ll win?” Sweetums asked.

“I said no such thing!” Sam said, offended.

“Sure ya did!” Sweetums said. “You said once he becomes king he’ll steal everything!”

Sam frowned and stared down at the floor. “Yes, I guess I did say that,” he mumbled. “But I did not mean to imply that he would indeed become king.”

“Hey!” Robin shouted, unable to control himself any longer. “My Uncle Kermit is the best choice for king! He’s brave, and valiant, and… brave and valiant!” Robin declared, now moved out from behind Sweetums’ leg. “I don’t think you know what you’re talking about!”

Sweetums bit his bottom lip (this is no easy task when, for starters, your bottom lip is your only lip, and also when your mouth is as big as Sweetums’). He coughed nervously, pushing Robin back behind his leg. “Nasty cough I’ve got, huh boss? Sounds just like a little bitty frog insulting your intellect! I don’t know where I got it! Good thing we have health insurance!”

Sam looked from the small green frog that disappeared behind Sweetums’ ankle to the captain of the guard’s face. “Something does not seem right here!” Sam declared. “The insulting frog cough allergy isn’t in season!” Sam stared at Sweetums, piercing the monster’s resolve. “How did you catch it?”

Sweetums blinked. He coughed again quickly. “Erm… dunno, boss. Maybe I should see the medic?”

“You can not see the medic,” Sam said. “He succumbed to insulting frog cough just last spring, remember?” Sam sighed mournfully and shook his head. “Such a shame… with his last words he told me I was a terrible employer and needed a toupee… whatever that may be.”

“Wait a sec…” Sweetums said, “Didn’t the medic just transfer castles?”

Sam stared for a moment, thinking about this. “That would explain why he never entered the frog phase of the insulting frog cough allergy…”

The eagle shook his head fiercely. “Never mind all this nonsense!” he said. “Return to your post, captain Sweetums! We must be ever vigilant!” Sam nodded once then turned to leave the throne room.

As soon as the bird was out of ear shot, Sweetums let out a relieved sigh. “That was close, Robin… don’t put me in that position again, alright, little buddy?”

There was no response from the little frog.

“Little buddy?” Sweetums asked, turning around.

As he turned, he realized (quite suddenly, actually) that Robin was, indeed, not standing there any longer.

Sweetums gulped. “Well… that’s not good.”

<-> <-> <-> <-> <->

Robin had meandered casually (and unknowingly) into the menagerie in the back yard of the castle. (Do castles have back yards?) He was marveling at the ornate topiaries and plants scattered throughout when a door at the base of a massive tower flew open.

A small red lobster, a large green… blob, and a goat darted out (we know these objects as Polly, Monty, and Clueless) of the door, arguing with each other (of course).

Robin watched this for a moment and then realized that this arguing mob was coming right towards him.

The three bodies collided with the little frog and all three of them wound up on the ground in a heap.

“Geez, watch it will ya?” Polly said, jumping up and dusting himself off with his claw. “We’re tryin’ to—” Polly stopped. He observed the little green frog he landed on. “Say… you’re a frog, ain’t ya?”

Clueless helped Robin up (because that’s just the kind of person Clueless is) and the little frog collected himself. “Um… yeah, I guess so,” Robin said. “Who… are you?”

“We’re Clueless and—” Clueless started (before Polly stomped on his toe).

“Yeah, just clueless!” Polly said quickly. “We’re kinda lost… any idea which way we should be going?”

Robin scratched his head. “Well… I guess that depends on where you’re trying to get.”

“Good point,” Mad Monty said.

“Quiet, Monty!” Polly hissed. “Uhh… we’re lookin’ for… the food court!”
    “Ooh!” Clueless shouted eagerly. “I hope they have a Sbarro!”

Polly, Mad Monty, and Robin stared at Clueless. “What?” Clueless asked. “I like pizza slices as big as my head!”

“Erm…” Robin said nervously, trying to keep character. “What’s… what’s pizza?” he asked, very obviously trying to get the time-line back on track.

“You’ve never had pizza?” Clueless asked. “Boy,” the dumb goat laughed, “he has no idea what he’s missing!”

“I know what you’re missin’!” Polly shouted. “About four dozen brain cells!”

“I’ve been looking for those!” Clueless said.

Polly rolled his eyes. “See what I mean?”

“Yeah…” Robin said nervously. “Um… I don’t think there’s a food court here. Sweetums—my friend, Sweetums, the captain of the guard—took me on a tour of the whole castle and I didn’t see one.”

Polly gulped audibly. “Y—you’re friends with… the captain of the guard?” he asked.

“Oh, yeah!” Robin said. “He calls me his little buddy!”

“Ya… ya don’t say,” Polly said, laughing nervously. “Well it’s been nice talkin’ to ya, kid! Sorry we’ve got to run—fast! Ha ha! Uh… bye!”

Polly began to run off away from Robin while Clueless and Monty stood still. Polly muttered something foul and ran back. “That means run, you idiots!”

“Oh!” Clueless said. “Sorry. You weren’t very specific.”

“I said ‘we’ve got to run—fast!’” Polly shouted.

“Oh,” Monty said. “I missed that.”

Robin watched as the three bumbling fools bumbled off in the distance.

“Well that was weird,” the little frog said to himself.

As he started to walk off Robin’s eyes caught the door the three fools had burst through earlier. His innate, five year old curiosity overcame him and he slowly began to move towards the door, forgetting entirely the fate of the cat who succumbed to curiosity before him.

He reached up his little green hand and turned the door knob, staring in awe at the huge expanse of stairs before him.
  20. TogetherAgain

<GLOMPS the cute little Robin!>

<makes lots of incomprehensible noises> <GRINS>

I love that little guy.

And I love Sweetums trying to get them out of trouble... only to LOSE the little guy. <shakes head>

And, Robin... Those were the bad guys. You should've hidden in an apple barrel. And you probably SHOULDN'T climb those stairs... although it would be fairly adorable if you hung out halfway up them... But then you would have to know how far it was to the top, which would not be a wise thing to find out, methinks.

(And I love your parentheses.)

MORE PLEASE! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !