1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Meet Julia
    Sesame Street's newest Muppet has autism. Meet Julia this Monday on HBO and PBS. Then discuss the anticipated episode with fans.

3. Sesame Street Season 47
    Sesame Street's 47th season officially began Saturday January 7 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Fan-Fiction: The Muppets' Mid-Age Crisis

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by theprawncracker, Oct 23, 2008.

1. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Hello Mr. Prawn sir.

So I have been just horrible about keeping up with this here story and I owe you some reviews and muffins and cookies and I don't know what else. Please know, I have loved what I've read, I'm ashamed to admit I have some catching up to do, but I will do so and I will review in more detail soon. With all the drama filled stories this summer, it's refreshing to read some humor in your writing, which you are SO good at.

Sincererly,

Your apparently extremely lazy excuse for a friend
    Beth the Boober of Red girls...or something like that.

2. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Took me a minute to figure out where the song came from ... a short minute (only about 60 seconds long, y'know).

This was great! Loved the choices for the kings and loved the conversation!

3. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Dear Beth, the Gurl of Boober the Red (or something),

BETH! ! ! I wondered where you had gotten yourself off to! ;) I was worried Uncle Deadly had captured you and I forgot to mention that in the chapter. :p

Please don't be ashamed or distraught or apologetic! I completely understand (first-hand, even) that real life (*gasp! ! ! !*) gets in the way and distracts. Don't feel bad at all, Beth! It's just good to know you're still reading! :D

And *I* have to take some of the blame here... I figured you got tired of waiting for updates to come sporadically--which I wouldn't blame at all. But I hereby make a pledge to be better about posting chapters sooner!

Sincerely and Insanely yours,
    The extremely lazy excuse for a writer who apparently now has a social life... De Prawn

4. TogetherAgain

TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

Jou had BETTER, hokay! Otherwise I will overtake you in number of chapters, and ze posting races will RESUME! ...After a hiatus of approximately four years, during which I guess I had a life or something... Weird.

5. theprawncracker

Ain't it funny how as soon as you seem to no longer have I life I seem to have picked one up? We really ARE other halves. (As if we weren't already...)

6. TogetherAgain

Si... We do seem to tag-team it...

...So that means you'll have lots of free time on your hands in the last two weeks of July while I'm off gallivanting in Colorado and California, right?

7. theprawncracker

*blink* Apparently. Does it also mean that while you're reaching the highest, most monumental fan peak imaginable, I'll be... dead?

8. TogetherAgain

...Only MOSTLY dead... or just really, REALLY bored.

9. theprawncracker

Great... :rolleyes: Jou better mention my name! At LEAST three times!

...You know, if it comes up. :D

10. TogetherAgain

If it comes up. Naturally. Minimum of three... got it. Say "Chest of Drawers" three times. Can-do.

11. theprawncracker

*mutters* Yeah, yeah, yeah... but if you get him to sign anything for me he can CERTAINLY call me that. :p

12. TogetherAgain

<Taking notes> Got it... autograph made out to "That"...

13. theprawncracker

Oh, great, real nice, yes! Have one of my idols make out an autograph to THAT. PERFECT! JOY! RAPTURE! I'll just DIE of boredom and all I'll get is THAT.

14. TogetherAgain

...Oh, I'm sorry. Did you want a T-shirt?

15. theprawncracker

...No. I want a coffee cake. ...And yes, a t-shirt.

16. TogetherAgain

<strokes chin> Hmm... Coffee cake might not travel well... Would you settle for a picture of a coffee cake?

17. theprawncracker

Hmm... a picture of a coffee cake... would he sign it?

18. TogetherAgain

...The picture, or the coffee cake?

19. theprawncracker

...The picture OF the coffee cake! Yeesh... do try to keep up.

20. TogetherAgain

Well, y'never know... just thought I'd clarify... Sure, a signed picture of a coffee cake, made out to "That." I'll see what I can do.

But is it alright if someone else ends up signing it? Just in case, y'know. I'll be swinging by The Tonight Show, too, so there's maybe a snowball's chance that I could get something out of Conan... Or whatever guests he might have that day... Worst case, my sister's boyfriend is an agent's assistant out there. I know they've met Drew Barrymore...