FanFic: Is That A Song There?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Eight

"Hey there kids." The young man sat down on the steps, and smiled at them. "Hey there, Scooter. Do you remember me?"

Scooter shook his head, then took off his glasses, rubbing them a bit, cleaning them. He looked back at the man, and put his glasses back on. "No. I don't know you. Sorry.."

He smiled. "It's okay." He looked back at Nancy. He wasn't sure how to say this to the boy, that he was leaving. "You like playing?"

"Yeah, me and Gonzo play all the time together!" He had the catcher's mitt on his hand still. "We were playing baseball eariler...sorry about that."

A wonderful thought entered into his mind, he didn't want to worry the poor boy anymore then he might be already. "Oh that's fine! Hmm....would you three like to go to a play today?"

Gonzo made a face, looking off to the side. "A play, yuck. Like opera you mean?"

"No, not like opera. Vaudeville!! Bright lights, beautiful secnery!!" He stood, throwing out his hands, smiling, making something of a stage right there it seemed. "Singing, and dancing....feats of daring delight! I've got a couple of close friends, and some other players back in Hensonville who have created a troup. They're going to be doing some plays today in my theater!"

Scooter gasped, smiling. "Your theater!! You own a theater!"

Nanny smiled, she leaned over and whispered to the man. "I think you've got his attention, Jerry. Gonzo's been wanting to go to that new Ripley's Museum of Odd and Amazing Things, I'll see if he wants to go there, while you take Scooter to the theater. We'll meet back in a few hours."

"Right, Nancy. Sounds like a good plan." He smiled down at Scooter. "Me and your Nanny have been talking boys. Now, Scooter, how would like to spend the day with me at my theater, watching the acts?"

Scooter's face lit up hearing that. He really enjoyed watching stuff like that on TV, but to see it upclose! "Wow, yeah!"

Nanny kneeled down in front of Gonzo. "Gonzo, how about we go the that odd and crazy musesum you've been wanting to go to?"

"Can we really, Nanny!?"

"Certainly! Scooter will go with Mr. Jerry. You'll come with me, and after a few hours, we'll both be here eating supper together. Sounds like a good plan boys?"

Both of them were pratically dancing in happiness. "YEAH!! GREAT IDEA NANNY!!!" They both yelled happily.

The four of them then left the nursery.

Scooter and Jerry went to the theater, and they saw beautiful acts in the repaired theater. Scooter got a bit bored by the comedian, so Jerry handed him his clipboard, with some clean paper, and a crayon. Scooter started drawing, until the next act came on.

Jerry leaned over and whispered to Scooter. "You can keep that clipboard if you want."

He giggled, continuing doodling on the paper. "Thank you!"

Nanny and Gonzo went to that odd museum, and Gonzo loved every minute of it. She held him up close to the glass so he could see the things he was too short to see. He saw the orginal cannon that the cannonball man had used, with it's cannonball on the ground beside it.

"Woooah! I want to be a stunt person, just like him Nanny!!"

She snickered softly, looking down at him. "I don't think you could take a cannonball to the stomach, Gonzo!"

"I don't want to take a cannonball, I want to BE a cannonball!!"

Nancy laughed, as the two walked on further into the museum.

Later that night, all four of them were back at the house, sitting at the table, eating supper. Gonzo was chatting away about the museum to Jerry. Scooter was picking at his food, not really eating.

Nancy laid her fork down, and looked over at him, worried. "Scooter, what's the matter?" Gonzo stopped chattering, and looked at Scooter as well.

Scooter sounded like he was about to cry now. "I'm leaving you guys.." He pushed his plate forward, and buried his head in his arms, sobbing.

Gonzo stood up in his booster seat, then toppled out of it. Normally, he's not one to cry, but he was so suprised by it, he did. Nanny picked both of them up, and carried them into the nursery, setting them both down on the couch, on either side of her.

"Scooter, what on earth are you talking about?" She knew full well what he was talking about, but she just didn't feel it was right to reveal that.

He sniffled, and took his glasses off, laying almost in Nanny's lap now. "He's my Uncle. I'm going to go live with him..." He almost started to cry again, but Nanny rubbed his back gently.

"Scooter, it can't be that bad...you...you're going to see your family again."

He just bawled, clinging onto Nanny's dress, his glasses on the floor. "I'LL NEVER SEE MY SISTER AGAIN!!!" He was crying so hard, he started coughing badly, this deep horse cough.

Nancy wasn't sure what to do, Gonzo was about to start crying again, but he looked way to tired to do so. He was just sniffling, laying against the armrest of the couch. She picked up Gonzo, while cradling Scooter in one arm. She laid Gonzo down in the crib, and she stood there for a moment.

"Why don't you get some sleep, Gonzo. I'm going to get Scooter some cough medicine. Alright?"

Gonzo just mumbled something, while he drifted off to sleep. His nightmares that night were of him being alone in this world. No family that he knew of. Nobody like him.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Nine

He opened his eyes, he wasn't in his crib anymore, he was back in Nanny's bedroom.
He felt so alone. He wished he could remember more then that. But his memory was blank.

------------

Scooter walked around the nursery, with both shoes off. He stopped and looked at the old cribs. He wondered how they ever fit in them in the first place. He absentmindly stratched his scarred stomach, looking at the old TV. He turned it around, curious if it still worked.

Piggy watched from the couch, a little bored. She heard a car drive up near the house, and she glanced over her shoulder, the first thing she saw was a redhead young woman, with thick glasses. She looked positively angry.

"Um, Scooter. You didn't tell Skeeter we were coming here did you?"

He was still crouched down behind the TV, reconnecting some wires, and was trying to see if it would turn on. "No. I didn't feel that she needed to know."

"Well, she's coming this way and she looks quite angry."

Before Scooter could stand up, she was in the nursery. She glared at him for a second, then shook her head. "Why didn't you tell me, Scooter?"

He looked over the TV, at her, and he smiled. "I didn't have the time to, Sis. I had to make sure Gonzo was okay, so I was the first to leave with him."

"Oh. So what's happened with him anyways?"

Before Scooter or Piggy could respond, the door opened again into the nursery, and Gonzo walked inside, smiling.

"We're going to use this house as something for children guys. Don't really know what yet, but it'll be great!"

Piggy stared at him, lounging against the couch, trying to keep warm still, the house wasn't completely heated up yet.

"You're what? That's sweet and all, but why?"

"Well, Nancy always helped me, and all of us, actually. She's told me once, she always cared for children. And this house is perfect for something for children! Can't really be an orphanage or anything like that, but...we'll all figure something out."

Skeeter smiled. "Who gave you the idea, Gonzo? Or did you figure it out yourself?"

"Well, actually Kermit and Ed here helped me with it. I was talking over with Kermit about what is good and well, not so good with the house, and apperently Ed overheard us talking, and he suggested something with helping children."

"And how would he know anything about Nancy?"

Ed smiled, and nodded. He was leaning against the open door. "All the plants in this house were real, and she bought them from me. She always had to buy more, cause you all kept breaking them." He laughed a little, remembering the many times Nancy had come into his shop, and brought a broken clay pot, with a badly damaged plant in it.

Skeeter nodded. "That sounds like a great idea Gonzo, Ed. But where do we begin?"

Scooter stood up from the floor, and looked around the room for a moment. "We'd need to get the floor plans, so we can know what we're looking at. Then we can also find out utilities, available acreage, and also what runs where underneath the ground."

"What are you talking about, Scooter?" Piggy asked, looking quite interested, but also confused.

"We'll almost have to bulldoze this house Piggy. It's in really bad shape."

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Renee... Will come back and give some more thoughts.
Just... Thanks.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Wow, quite a short and diginifed reply. I'm really used to nitpicks and such from you! *poking gentle fun at Ed right now*

Your reviews are what make my stories shine you know! :wink:

P.S. I hope I didnt' make you angry with the way I presented you.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
More great writing going on! Bulldoze the house! Wow, that will be really hard for the Muppets to deal with I'm sure, but should make for some more good story to come! Looking forward to more!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
S'okay with how I'm... or rather my fanfic self is presented here. Besides, I'll work on it when I present my own story about the action figures.

Bulldoze the house? Can't we find a way to improve the house without demolishing it?
And if you rully want nitpicks...

When Rowlf and Skeeter went to the clock shop, there was a part where me thinks you got confused and wrote Sadie instead of Skeeter...

But it's all coming along great and here's cheering for more soon.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Chapter Ten

"Bulldoze the house!?" Kermit exclaimed, standing beside Gonzo now. "We can't bulldoze this house, Scooter!"

"I've been looking around the nursery for sometime, guys. It's in really bad shape. The pipes rattle, the floor feels like it has some underlaying damage to it. The walls are crumbling away from the foundation, and it's sunken in near this corner of the house." He frowned, he didn't like the idea of bulldozing it just as much as Kermit didn't like it.

"What if we just pitched in, and fixed it up?" Skeeter offered. It didnt' sound like a bad plan either, everyone was soon picking up on it, agreeing with her.

"That would work, but it would take a long while. And a good bit of money too. Gonzo, what do you think of it? Fix it up, or bulldoze it?" Scooter looked at him, wondering what he would say.

"We'll fix it up. We simply can't bulldoze this house, it has....way too many memories for us. Everyone will help pitch in, right?"

They all agreed, and the first thing they did, was put all the furniture housewide into the basement, then they pulled up the carpeting, and the wallpaper. Once everything was bare, they sat in the middle of the bare nursery.

"Heh. You wouldn't know this was a nursery now would you?" Scooter laughed a little, and laid back on the bare wood floor, looking around. The last thing they had to do was figure out how to fix the sinking corner of the house.

They closed up the house, and walked outside. They looked at the house, and walked back to their cars.

Gonzo's only thought was how was he going to save that house...which was now his? As he drove, his thoughts turned back to the day Scooter had left. He lost his only friend that was left then.

----------

"I can't believe he left Nanny..." Gonzo sat lonely at the breakfast table, slowly eating his cereal. Nanny sat beside him, eating some eggs and sausage, while drinking some coffee.

"I know, Gonzo. But Mr. Jerry is Scooter's uncle. He came to get him. I couldn't really stop him."

"But why not? You...you always are here for us? Why did you let them go?"

Nanny paused for a moment, and set her fork down. She wasn't sure how to answer that for the little guy. She wasn't sure either why she had even started to care for them. They had lived with her for nearly two years by then.

"Everyone has to move on, Gonzo. It's just the way of life, you know?" She took another sip of her coffee, and smiled at Gonzo. She patted his head softly. "Anyways, you'll always have me you know."

"Yeah..." He got off of the chair, after he finished his cereal, and he walked down to the nursery, and sat down on one of the pillows for a moment.

It seemed so huge to him. So empty. He grabbed Camilla and placed her on top of a ball, and tried to get her to spin with it, without her falling off. He watched the ball spin perfectly, until it hit the leg of Rowlf's piano. Camilla went flying, and landed in the open drawer, the ball rolled over, and hit Scooter's small printer. He just sat there. He didn't feel like moving.

He got up about 5 minutes later, and he grabbed Camilla, and shut off the lights, although it was morning, he crawled up into the crib and went back to sleep. He wished, when he woke up, he'd see his friends walking through the door of the nursery again.

That would be such a happy thing, he thought.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Such a teary moment there at the end... Gonzo, so alone, everything so huge... Wishing his friends would walk in...

But how are they going to save the house... And you know, you've got us hooked on this now.
Save the secret of who that woman in black that adopted Skeeter for your next one Renee.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Wow...Wow...WOW!! This is so amazing Renee!! You brought in Ed and Beth which is fantabulous!! And Gonzo is simply amazing!! I love how you're writing this! And I cannot wait for more!! :excited: