1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

FanFic Library Index

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Fan Art' started by The Count, Aug 31, 2008.

1. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

The problem I have with the melodrama regarding unfinished fics is that ...

1. I didn't mind it when mine had to be completed.
    2. I have a couple of dead fics on fanfiction.net. I lost my inspiration. They died accordingly. I don't resent it if they are forgotten because I forgot about them in my heart.
    3. Skimming is not the mod's problem.

I read a couple of unfinished fanfics for my review articles. I can understand some of the newer ones being unfinished, but how do you review the overall picture of the fic if there is no ending? I try to be very fair in my reviews. I don't (can't) always get to the chapter as soon as it's posted. I keep a mental note of email alerts but sometimes I have other priorities. I get to them when I can. I try to be constructive. Stories with a lot of emotion, whether it's tragedy or comedy, run the risk of falling flat in some areas. Not every episode of The Muppet Show was a runaway hit either. It's not personal, just constructive criticism of the product. I think all the stories I've been reviewing (lately) are great.

Trust me, I can understand being protective of one's fic. God knows it depressed me to have reviewers drop my stories after a few chapters (and not just the really really long one, either). Many of those stories (Comeback in particular) came from deep within my soul. That's why I finished it even when I ended up with basically one reviewer at the end. If one truly believes in the story, it doesn't matter whether there's a subsequent pat on the back or not. It has to give the AUTHOR pleasure writing it.
  2. TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

Oh, I understand that now. And it looks like it's MY turn to clarify: I meant that it doesn't seem fair for NEW stories not to be added. But I do understand not wanting to add something twice.

I'm sorry if I seem to be sort of attacking you tonight, Ed. I really only meant it playfully at first, and then that big misunderstanding... I got into a very defensive, argumentative mood. <Passes a plate of freshly baked muffins> Truce?
  3. The Count Moderator

Who's this 'Truce'? *Huggles Lisa.
  4. D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'm glad none of my crap is listed on this index; I just re-read my old Kathy Greenwood on Sesame Street fanfic, and I was actually embarrassed reading it!
  5. TogetherAgain Well-Known Member

6. The Count Moderator

You mean you didn't spot it there already? *Whistles, :shifty:
    And thanks for that one-shot ancient Roman garment... *Huggles.
  7. ISNorden Active Member

Could you add my "Elmo's World: Hugging" fanscript to the list? I didn't finish it as well as I could have, but fanscripts that copy the show in a serious tone do deserve a place here...many thanks!
  8. Gelfling Girl Active Member

9. Scooterthegofer New Member

10. The Count Moderator

Just made a few additions... Hopefully this will lead to those certain authors updating their unfinished works so they can be moved up in rank to the other shelf. :shifty
  11. Muppetfan44 Active Member

Hey Count;
    Could you add my latest fanfic, One More Letter, whenever you get a chance?
    ;)

Thanks!:)
  12. The Count Moderator

Taken care of, night.
  13. Muppetfan44 Active Member

You're the best Count! Goodnight!:sleep:
  14. Super Scooter New Member

15. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Thanks for putting up the Dinosaurs movie with the understated climax, LOL.

What to call this universe? Should my RTL video game be part of it? After all, Doc's pic and Maria and Luis' pic are mentioned in Spring Forward, which implies FR and SST exist in that universe, even though it wasn't outright mentioned. And Fraggle stuff exists in the RTL universe. Hmmm ...

I was just going to have a movie universe, but I'd hate to have RTL be all lonely and stuff.

God, it's so hard to decide! I'm wembling all over about this!

Sigh. I guess I'll settle for both a movieverse and a gameverse.

Let's call the movie universe: RedPiggy's Flick Fics

Let's call the game universe: RedPiggy's Gamerverse
  16. The Count Moderator

Hmm, must've missed those photos you mentioned in Spring Forward. Was going to put RTL with the rest of your main collection, but if these are your orders, I shall comply m'lady Mirana. :p
  17. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm not contributing to the Comeback-verse any time soon. I wanted to free myself to do other things.
  18. The Count Moderator

Understood. Guess we're just waiting for peoples to update everything then.
  19. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

20. The Count Moderator

Hee... Just finished it. It seems you've been watching American Gladiators what with variations on the Hang Tough and Eliminator events. Nice, will add soonish, I'm all over the place today.