Favorite Bert and Ernie Sketch

dalexandre

Reaction score
A personal favorite of mine is when Ernie gets out of the bath and says that he forgot to do something, and Bert goes through a list of things that he might have forgotten. All of this is happening while water is slowly filling the apartment!

That one gave me nightmares for years...

The one where bert puts ernies nose on the statue is a classic....

Mokeystar

Reaction score
My fave is an early 70s one. Ernie is playing the radio at a loud volume and Bert, while trying to talk over Ernie's music, yells at the top of his voice to turn the volume knob down.
So, instead of turning the volume knob down on the radio, our beloved Ernie pops it off the radio, sticks it on Bert's belly button, and has the time of his life turning Bert's 'volume' up and down. All the while, you can see and hear Bert standing there, as angry as can be, with the volume of his voice going up and down, up and down. If I'm not mistaken, I think Ernie just leaves Bert with his voice off.
I guess when you have floppy and soggy arms like ol' Buddy Bert, it's pretty hard to defend yourself against stuff like this. :smile:

Mike

Reaction score
I always seem to remember one where Ernie and Bert are lying in bed trying to go to sleep. Well, Bert is, but Ernie just keeps moaning "boy, am I thirsty...." over and over again. Naturally this drives Bert crazy, so eventually he convinces Ernie to get a glass of water. He does, is refreshed, climbs in bed, and finally Bert is happy that everything is peaceful and quiet. But then:
"Boy, was I thirsty..."

Definitely my favorite.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
Mike said:
I always seem to remember one where Ernie and Bert are lying in bed trying to go to sleep. Well, Bert is, but Ernie just keeps moaning "boy, am I thirsty...." over and over again. Naturally this drives Bert crazy, so eventually he convinces Ernie to get a glass of water. He does, is refreshed, climbs in bed, and finally Bert is happy that everything is peaceful and quiet. But then:
"Boy, was I thirsty..."

Definitely my favorite.
Actually, I believe the punchline was after getting his glass of water, he said "Now I'm hungry. Boy am I hungry".

mikebennidict

Reaction score
actually he got 2 skits confused. the 1 your thinking of is where Ernie does get up and gets a drink for himself. at 1st he pretends he's drinking water then after Ber6t says you get up and get a drink. then Ernie's says he hungry and imagines he's eating a peanut butter & bannana sandwich. but there was another where Ernie keeps moaninh he's thirsty and bugs bert till he gets some water for him. this happeens 3 times and after that Enie's content and says boy was i thirsty.

Mickey Moose

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
actually he got 2 skits confused. the 1 your thinking of is where Ernie does get up and gets a drink for himself. at 1st he pretends he's drinking water then after Ber6t says you get up and get a drink. then Ernie's says he hungry and imagines he's eating a peanut butter & bannana sandwich. but there was another where Ernie keeps moaninh he's thirsty and bugs bert till he gets some water for him. this happeens 3 times and after that Enie's content and says boy was i thirsty.
I didn't realize there were two different versions. Sounds like I missed out on a lot.

Mike

Reaction score
ah yes. i remember both skits, i think. the one i was talking about was the second, though. when i was like 4 i used to act it out with my mom.

Jessica

Reaction score
scarylarrywolf said:
Wow, I just had to notice the irony today:

Right after they showed the "Journey to Ernie" segment (in which Ernie is alone, without Bert) They played the old "When Bert's Not Here" sketch. It bugged me to death because I feel horrible when I see Ernie without Bert, and here he is singing about it, yet the CTW keep them split up. :grouchy:
Hmm... Could it be because of all the controversy that has been going around about those two? I don't think they've made any new sketches with them for awhile.

Anyway, I think my favourite sketch has to be the "I Rock Myself To Sleep" one, even though it's a song too.

Splurge

Reaction score
Jessica said:
Hmm... Could it be because of all the controversy that has been going around about those two? I don't think they've made any new sketches with them for awhile.

Anyway, I think my favourite sketch has to be the "I Rock Myself To Sleep" one, even though it's a song too.
There was a new one recently. Bert sang the song, "In My Book", the same song in an animation (which, as it was, was sung by Jerry Nelson in his 'Robin' voice). That was a really fun new sketch.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
check this out. http://www.angelfire.com/freak2/jog/Sesam15.html 1 is a picture from an 1st season skit where this mailman need to deliver a letter to Marian ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ. and she had a neighbor Joe 12345678910 anyone know what the letter was for? can anyone give a brief discription of it i saw it but like so many it's been a long time since i've seen it. also anyone know what the bottom picture is supposed to be about? it's Bert with all theese monsters along with Oscar.