Favorite Bert and Ernie Sketch

Censored

Reaction score
ponamytrail said:
My favorite was predating Bert's paper clip collection, when he shows Ernie his bottle cap collection, to try to get Ernie all into the joys of collecting things as a hobby. He proudly shows his bottle caps, which are in a frame with glass over it. There is a blank space in the middle, where Bert confides that he is in need of the ever-elusive oh-so-rare bottle cap of "Figgy Fizz", and how when, if ever he gets that, his life will be complete. Meanwhile, Ernie, getting bored, looks through the junk in his pocket, and gives him a Figgy Fizz bottle cap. "Uh, here you go, Bert." Ernie gets bored and goes out to play; Bert is so ecstatic, that he has to go lie down.

Funny stuff.

That's a rare and classic E & B skit. It's also one of the few skits where Bert comes out ahead.

Censored

Reaction score
There seemed to be a period of time when Bert collected both paperclips and bottle caps. In the skit where Ernie paints Bert with a beard and mustache, Bert screams that Ernie ruined his whole day because he could have been out collecting his paperclips, his bottle caps...

Also, Bert has had a few obscure interests that were only mentioned once or twice. There was a 70's street scene where Bert sings a song about being "square" (for those too young to remember, that was a 70's type term for "nerdy" or "geeky") and mentions his "collection of bricks" and says that he "loves Kleenex" and he just can't get enough of it. There was also a very old skit where Bert had a "J collection." Bert's interests are probably a lot broader than most realize. :frown:

ponamytrail

Reaction score
This only had Ernie in it, and Blue Fat I think, but I haven't read about it yet in all the posts. Anyone remember this?
Ernie and the IceCream man -- Ernie wants this sky-high combination ice cream cone Chocolate/Strawberry/Peach/Vanilla/Banana/Pistachio/Peppermint......
The exasperated Blue Fat brings out this monster cone, with a scoop of each of about a dozen flavors. Ernie refuses to pay, citing that the scoops are in the wrong order, with the bottom where the top should be.
Blue Fat, angry, tells him to eat the cone standing on his head.

matthewxel

Reaction score
ponamytrail said:
This only had Ernie in it, and Blue Fat I think, but I haven't read about it yet in all the posts. Anyone remember this?
Ernie and the IceCream man -- Ernie wants this sky-high combination ice cream cone Chocolate/Strawberry/Peach/Vanilla/Banana/Pistachio/Peppermint......
The exasperated Blue Fat brings out this monster cone, with a scoop of each of about a dozen flavors. Ernie refuses to pay, citing that the scoops are in the wrong order, with the bottom where the top should be.
Blue Fat, angry, tells him to eat the cone standing on his head.
Also lemon/orange/butterscotch. :smile:

kermiejam

Reaction score
Umm maybe the ones where ernie always tell a story and bert doesnt want 2 hurt it b/c hes trying 2 sleep

matthewxel

Reaction score
I like the one where from 1973 in which Bert tells Ernie he is suppose to take the laundary basket to the laundramat, and he fills up the basket with Rubbie Duckie, a box of cookies, a coloring book with crayons, a radio, some books, a basketball, a ukulele, a yo-yo, and an umbrella. Then at the end Ernie suggests he'd like to play baseball instead.

Or when Bert hears water dripping from the sink and Ernie tries to fix that by turing on the radio and vaccum cleaner.

I really like and I always liked when Ernie made a sculpture of Bert made from clay, and then Bert exlaimes it has no nose. Then Ernie pulls off Bert's nose and puts it on the sculpture.

I also like the one from the late 80's where Ernie makes a shopping list for Bert out of chocolate pudding because Ernie couldn't find any pencils, or pens, or crayons, or markers, or a typewriter. So Ernie use chocolate pudding instead. Luckily Ernie had paper and a paintbrush. Leaving Bert saying that the last time Ernie had to make shopping list, he used spaggetti sauce.

I like the time when Ernie breaks the cookie jar and he puts the cookies in the sugar bowl, and he puts the sugar in the flower pot, and the flower in the milk bottle, and the milk in the soda bottle, and soda in the fish bowl, and the fish in Bert's cowboy hat but Bert asks,"What am I suppose to wear when I want to play cowboy?!" Then Ernie puts the pot on Bert's head and he says,"Ride 'em cowboy, Bert!"

I really like the one with Ernie's ice cream cone too. The 10 flavors were known as: chocolate,strawberry,peach,vannila,pistachio,peppermint,lemon,orange,and butterscotch.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
don't think this was mentioned.

don't know if this was the 1st time Ernie pulled Bert's nose offbut this was from season 1. Ernire mentions how we have 2 eyes 2 ears and 2 noses. Bert, hey you dingaling you only got 1 nose! Enie, 2 noses, and 2 eyes too bad. Bert very funny very funny. funny thing this skit looks like it was done in the basement of the apartment and though they do live downstairs, this was in the cellar room were you saw pipes.

Fuzzy and Blue

Reaction score
bert and ernie

The Bert and Ernie sketches I remember the most from my childhood come from the "Bedtime Stories and Songs" video that I watched frequently when I was a young'un (I think I may even still have it), and they are "Dance Myself to Sleep" (very cute song and sketch) and "Here in the Middle of My Imagination" (if that's what it's called...if not, what's the real title?)

~Dana~

Beauregard

Reaction score
I was reading that yesterday. Very funny.

I seem, vaguely, to remember a sketch where Ernie comes out with a sock on his ear and says, "What am I thinking of that begins with E" and Bert says, "Ear." And Ernie replies, "Nope. Eyes."

I've tried that on a lot of people and it works evey time.

Also, I seem to remember something with kneecaps...not sure what.

Bea:zany:{No. I am not refering to Gonzo's photographic essay on kneecaps from TGMC)regard