Favorite Bert and Ernie Sketch

Mister Fred

Reaction score
The Broken water pipe Floods the Apartment!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite is when Bert is sitting down reading and Ernie keeps going from the kitchen and outside with a glass of water. Bert wonders why and starts asking. Finally he gives up and Ernie says the kitchen sink is broken and water is all over the floor. Bert then yells, "Oh Ernie why didn't you tell me before the whole house flooded"! That's what happens next, THE APARTMENT FLOODS WITH WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dalexandre

Reaction score
there was a similar one but instead the tub overflows because of ernies forgetfullness!

BarkingSprocket

Reaction score
There are so many great Bert & Ernie sketchs,

But i guess my favourite is when Ernie can't sleep and he sings "Dance My Self To Sleep" I love it when Bert asks where the boogie woogie sheep got their tap shoes from.

It's just a classic. Does anyone know when it was first transmitted? US and UK dates plz :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
let him eat cake

There's one early B & E skit I'm very sentimental over. We see Ernie polishing off a piece of chocolate cake that Bert was saving for dessert. Bert comes in and sees Ernie ate the cake, since he has a plate of crumbs in front of him, and he's holding a fork and napkin. Ernie is still trying to maintain he's innocent, but Bert ain't buying it. So Ernie concocts a rather tall tale of how a monster came in and ate the cake. "You know how monsters like cake!"
The monster, Ernie claims, ate the cake, and handed him the fork and napkin. But Bert's convinced Ernie's a categorical liar, and storms off. "Well, it COULD'VE happened that way, Bert!" We all know it didn't. Anyhow, right on cue, our big blue scary monster friend Beautiful Day comes in with some manic Joe Raposo music playing, and eats the second piece of cake, and hands the napkin and fork to Ernie. Poor Ernie doesn't know what to do as Bert comes back and sees the second piece of cake gone. "You won't believe this Bert, but a monster...." "I don't wanna talk about it Ernie". Then poor Ernie looks at us then bursts into tears. End of story. Man, I felt so bad for our orange chum. But remember kids. If you do something wrong, don't make it worse by lying about it, because it will come back and haunt you.

Unfortunately, this clip has not been shown on any Noggin episodes, but thank you Mokeystar for sending me the icon with Beautiful Day and Ernie right before our monster friend helps himself to dessert.

Censored

Reaction score
Speaking of sentimental, remember the "Things That I Remember" Ernie and Bert skit? I love how they showed scenes from the old skits with Ernie and Bert (and were not afraid of showing the older Bert with a larger nose). I thought the whole thing was a beautiful summation of all the years and all the skits. I wish they'd do another one like that and reminisce about more old skits and their friendship (of course, the producers will have to get the psychologists' permission first).

Censored

Reaction score
fuzzygobo said:
There's one early B & E skit I'm very sentimental over. We see Ernie polishing off a piece of chocolate cake that Bert was saving for dessert. Bert comes in and sees Ernie ate the cake, since he has a plate of crumbs in front of him, and he's holding a fork and napkin. Ernie is still trying to maintain he's innocent, but Bert ain't buying it. So Ernie concocts a rather tall tale of how a monster came in and ate the cake. "You know how monsters like cake!"
The monster, Ernie claims, ate the cake, and handed him the fork and napkin. But Bert's convinced Ernie's a categorical liar, and storms off. "Well, it COULD'VE happened that way, Bert!" We all know it didn't. Anyhow, right on cue, our big blue scary monster friend Beautiful Day comes in with some manic Joe Raposo music playing, and eats the second piece of cake, and hands the napkin and fork to Ernie. Poor Ernie doesn't know what to do as Bert comes back and sees the second piece of cake gone. "You won't believe this Bert, but a monster...." "I don't wanna talk about it Ernie". Then poor Ernie looks at us then bursts into tears. End of story. Man, I felt so bad for our orange chum. But remember kids. If you do something wrong, don't make it worse by lying about it, because it will come back and haunt you.

Unfortunately, this clip has not been shown on any Noggin episodes, but thank you Mokeystar for sending me the icon with Beautiful Day and Ernie right before our monster friend helps himself to dessert.

I remember that one. It's one of those good ol' "lost" E & B skits. That one did have a good moral; kind of like "the boy who cried wolf" or "the boy who cried monster."

Some other very obscure E & B skits that very few people seem to remember:

Bert makes Ernie throw away his R collection, so he could use the box for his J collection.

The mysterious nose snatcher takes Ernie's nose.

Ernie opens Bert's present to his Aunt Matilda because Ernie thinks it's for him.

Ernie obsseses over putting a large vase on a small shelf.

A lot of toys are scattered around the apartment, Ernie decides that he will put away all the toys that are red, have wheels, make noise, etc. and winds up only putting away the fire engine.

In a similar skit, Bert tells Ernie to clean up the apartment and says that even Oscar's "trash can is cleaner than this". Ernie does in fact clean it up, but then cleans up the toy box, thus knocking everything around again.

In the bedroom, Ernie imagines what it would be like if he was Bert and Bert was him. The imagine scene comes on with Bert acting silly and aggravating Ernie who wants to get his sleep. Ernie says, "Do I really act like that?"

Ernie pours a glass of mild upisde down, much to Bert's dismay.

Bert claims possession of the cabinet because it has a "B" on it, but Ernie opens one door, turning it into an "E".

:stick_out_tongue: :frown:

Reaction score
Fish in the cowboy hat

The fish in the cowboy hat was one of the funniest(if not also the best) It showed the comic genius behind the duo and one my favorite songs (while mostly sung by Bert) is "The National Association of W Lovers" :stick_out_tongue: :frown:

ponamytrail

Reaction score
My favorite was predating Bert's paper clip collection, when he shows Ernie his bottle cap collection, to try to get Ernie all into the joys of collecting things as a hobby. He proudly shows his bottle caps, which are in a frame with glass over it. There is a blank space in the middle, where Bert confides that he is in need of the ever-elusive oh-so-rare bottle cap of "Figgy Fizz", and how when, if ever he gets that, his life will be complete. Meanwhile, Ernie, getting bored, looks through the junk in his pocket, and gives him a Figgy Fizz bottle cap. "Uh, here you go, Bert." Ernie gets bored and goes out to play; Bert is so ecstatic, that he has to go lie down.

Funny stuff.