Favorite Movie on MST3K

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yeah, the "sitcom families" is from Eegah! That ep. has one of Joel's best inventions, the "Porkarina," an instrument that looks like a pig, and produces the incidental music from the "Paul Henning Trilogy" of The Beverly Hillbillies, Petticoat Junction, and Green Acres.

"Watch out for snakes!"

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
The movie where the chick kept saying WEEEERWOLVES!
LOL!

Werewolf is a pretty bad flick. She kept pronouncing werewolf as "wur-wolf."

Lots of great riffing in that episode.

(A guy tumbles down a staircase)

Mike: Live from New York, it's Saturday Night!

Tom: This is very moving...in that I want to move out of the theater immediately!

Mike (referring to a ceiling fan): Hey, it's the movie's biggest fan!

Mike (the werewolf is driving a car): An American Werewolf in Traffic!

(door slams)

Crow: That was the sound of the director giving up and leaving.

Mike: He's reading So You Think You Are a Werewolf.
Tom: By Tom and Virginia Woolf.

Crow: Cinematography by Haskell Wexler...'s cat!

And of course, the "Werewolf" song Mike sings, accompanied by the 'Bots.

Bad movie, great episode!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes... And don't forget the beginning of the movie.
Mike excuses himself for a second, leaving the theater to go make some popcorn.
Tom, upon seeing the movie's title: I don't know, you saw him last.
Crow: I'm telling!
Mike then comes back in with the bowl of popcorn and Crow tattles on Servo's quip, to which Mike responds it was an OK joke.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Yes... And don't forget the beginning of the movie.
Mike excuses himself for a second, leaving the theater to go make some popcorn.
Tom, upon seeing the movie's title: I don't know, you saw him last.
Crow: I'm telling!
Mike then comes back in with the bowl of popcorn and Crow tattles on Servo's bad joke, to which Mike responds it was an OK joke.
LOL, yeah, that was great!

When Mike first gets up the 'Bots are like, "are you supposed to leave the theater?"

Mike gives Crow some popcorn, and Crow gets a piece stuck in his throat.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Others I remember...

The Girl from Down the Lane.
The promo for this episode's priceless... We see the barrel of a train coming straight at us.
Crow: C-c-c-camera 2 get off the track. Camera 2! Aaaah!

Girltown.
This one was good cause they just kept riffing on Paul Anka's involvement.
Servo: Oh, what a jag you are.
Mike: This one goes out to our rockin' Lady of Santa María... Groovin'!
And of course, the hilarious segment at the end when the guys get Dr. F back for connecting the S.O.L. to Deep 13 by means of a geosynchronous umbilical cord that links up with Gypsy's um unmentionables.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
On July 10, Shout Factory is releasing the inaugural title in its new Film Crew series, starring MST3K's Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett.

The Film Crew: Hollywood After Dark is this month's offering (the next two titles will be available in August and September, with presumably more to come).

Hollywood After Dark is a sleazy exploitation flick from 1968 starring Rue McClanahan (a.k.a. Blanche Devereaux from The Golden Girls!) as a wannabe starlet who gets mixed up with a bad crowd. Shades of Girl in Gold Boots!

According to DVD Talk, here is the premise of The Film Crew:

Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy, and Bill Corbett are working-class stiffs, stuck in a basement awaiting orders from their boss, Bob Honcho. It seems the Film Crew's job is to lay down audio commentary tracks for feature films that would normally never see the attention, so they dutifully go about business in their matching uniforms, strapping themselves into Howard Cosell-era audio headgear to rake the movies offered to them over the coals.

Unlike MST3K, there is only one break in the film, known as a "Lunch Break" that lasts about 5 minutes.

Sounds interesting. It's great that Mike, Kevin and Bill are keeping the spirit of MST3K alive! Although I'm sure the 'Bots will be missed...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Not to mention the other characters that made MST3K great... But that'll come in time I hope.

OK, after reading the synopsis for their first effort... Anything with Golden Girls in it is doomed to make you go "Oh no!" Bad movie anyone?
Maybe they'll get lucky and be able to have Grover deliver their lunches. For some reason I just sort of think of Kevin Murphy as a perfect double for Mr. Johnson.

Oh well... Something to keep in mind for DVD shopping.

Winnieruth

Reaction score
AWESOME! It's been too long, I'm almost...I did say almost...tired of watching my vhs copies of the shows. Thank you for the heads up!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
SDCC Appearance.

Hey! For my fellow MST3K buddy Winslow Leach and all others who may be able to attend... Just got the following news over at www.aftimes.com.

Date: Saturday, July 28

Time: 5:45pm – 7:00pm

Place: Comic-Con Convention Room 6B

Who: The Film Crew: Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Bill Corbett

What: The Film Crew unleash their warped sense of humor with exclusive excerpts from three upcoming DVDs -- KILLERS FROM SPACE, WILD WOMEN OF WONGO, THE
GIANT OF MARATHON -- followed by a rare Q&A session.

Yes, the Film Crew/MST3K's main a-trio will be holding a panel of their own at this year's San Diego Comic Con. So if you're making plans, drop 'em and get out there to meet the brains behind our favorite interstellarly marooned movie mocksters.