1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Fraggle Rock Panel at Comic Con 2008

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by getup, Jul 11, 2008.

1. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

I expect it might take a day or so for people to settle in before sticking things up on the web. You know, a Doozer would have already built and rebuilt an entire webpage for this by now. :busy: ;)
  2. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

In todays world it is rare with all the iphones and things to even go a day without internet IMHO..most of all if you are the sort to really be into comic con:coy:. Where are all my fellow geeks when we need them?:excited:
  3. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

4. Redsonga

Redsonga Active Member

..Is it just me or is she a tiny bit bigger than she use to be?:excited: And OMG, Karen Prell looks just like one of my old grade school teachers in the picture..She was one of those types that had a lot of rules in the classroom but outside of school was a sweet lady...Random I know, but yay picture!:excited:
  5. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think the Rock sets were built up and generally made all the puppets look a lot smaller. I remember when they had Travelling Matt guest host a segment on a UK kids programming block he looked quite big too, and there is the Fraggle in the Henson museum exhibit and he looks quite large.

Praise the lord for BlueFrackle. Two absolute legends in those photos, both looking fantastically well. I am so pleased to see them and hope there'll be more appearances - if there was ever an overseas part to any promotional dvd tour i will be at the front of the queue! :excited:
  6. zns

zns Active Member

7. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

*raises hand* Here, awaiting what could be a well-deserved Fraggle return. ^_^

*dances cares away, whislt leaving worries for another day, and opting to let the music play...Down at Fraggle Rock* XD
  8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

I found this at the TP forum.
  9. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Hazzah! Thanks for the find!
  10. vaati64

vaati64 Member

omg! thats awesome! thanks oscarfan!:)
  11. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

And it's nice to know that most of the original Fraggle performers--minus Jim Henson, Richard Hunt, & Jerry Juhl (obviously), and perhaps Jerry Nelson (due to his limited capacity in Henson productions as of late)--are still apt to reprising their old roles for the new film.
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

Awesome, they've still got it! haha
  13. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Indeed they do. ^_^
  14. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think they likely have everyone still living OK'd to do the movie, especially Jerry - whether he loops or puppeteers, but i would guess he'd want to try puppeteering it. This is like the holy grail for those performers, been waiting for Fraggles to return for years. :excited:
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It's a shame I couldn't see that. I mean, I live on the other side of the country, and have no money.

Would you believe that I stood in line 9 hours, and the only autograph I got was the new voice dub for Luffy, last convention I went to? .... and Loving it.

But there is nothing, nothing in the world like seeing a performer perform their characters live. The night I saw Oscar in person (at Carol's book signing) was one of the greatest thrills of my live, rivialling a Weird Al Yankovic concert. You really don't even notice someone is there performing them, even if their out in the open. That's why Muppeteers are some of the most skilled performers out there.
  16. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

And this is because--in one's mind--the characters and the perfomers (though linked) are two differently & entirely seperate beings.
  17. zns

zns Active Member

If they do release the complete series before they release season 4, then they might cancel the latter since it would be kind of a waste. By the way, I have a few questions about the complete series:

- Aside from the brand new bonus features, will the old ones from the first three season sets still be included?

- How much will the set cost?

- Could someone post a link to HIT's website about the press release?
  18. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

Thanks so much for the pictures and videos! I'm practically jumping in my chair with glee! Red still basically sounds the same, which makes me happy :D
  19. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Team Henson/HIT is not one to skimp on things, so I am sure they'll be included, although I wouldn't want to be quoted on that, considering time constraints may have some features missing, possibly.
  20. Luke

Luke Active Member

I think they will release s4, just maybe not on the date expected. There are a lot of existing collectors who will want that over the complete set and might not havw the budget for it.