1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Fraggle Rock Panel at Comic Con 2008

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by getup, Jul 11, 2008.

1. wwfpooh New Member

Indeed. The complete will probably top--or be near--$100 alone.
  2. MattFraggle New Member

It's online!

3. Drtooth Well-Known Member

The complete is about 140 something. And if you take into account there's 4 volumes and they each cost 40+, you wind up saving money buying them together.

And, let's not forget, that's the SRP... it could be even cheaper in certain stores.

I just hope they come with the same paper extras the other collections had. I'd hate to buy them all just for the reproductions.
  4. RKUNKLER New Member

The other comic con video is at &feature=user. :excited: sings the Thimble Beetle song. Enjoy.
  5. wwfpooh New Member

Those videos are awesome & it is awesome to know that Karen still can perform Red as brillantly as she did when the character first aired.
  6. Luke Active Member

Indeed, its great to see that it comes just as naturally after all these years.
  7. zns Active Member

I guess you're right. I just wasn't sure because if they had everything that the individual sets had. It would be hard for me to sell them though. Anyway, I forgot that there is also another thread about the subjust here in the Fraggle section of the forum. :smirk::excited::coy:
  8. wwfpooh New Member

Then shall we just merge the two threads?
  9. Luke Active Member

Forgot to salute Grants guitar playing in those clips. Grant, the Man = You! Stellar work!
  10. Redsonga Active Member

Well, I think with playing a puppet character, of all the different types of acting, really draws upon a part of ones self....So it a way, that character is always a part of you and never truly gets forgotten with time:excited:. Fraggles IMHO stand for such human parts of everyones character to boot :)

Edit: My reply to what someone said on the video about "She's really not creating a convincing illusion..."

"I agree with what the others have said, being a muppet/fraggle performer has never been about being a ventriloquist. The characters have so much heart that it is always sort of like they just brought their human along as a friend/pet :). If you watch the 'Fraggles get jobs' video where they all are talking about life after the first FR series, there is a moment where you can see her head and Red says 'whoa, down girl!' or the like..and the magic is never broken IMHO :3"
  11. ToasterBoy Member

Thanks. :) When they called and asked if I'd do it I said"Hmmmm let me think....YES!"

I couldn't hear my guitar at all during the show so it's nice to hear it on those clips and find out that it wasn't as bad as I thought. :)
  12. MattFraggle New Member

I am so sad I missed this. I'm moving to Califonia in a few weeks to work on a tv show and I wish..I just wish...that I'd JUST had an earlier start date so I could have seen this panel.

Oh...the pain :}
  13. beaker Well-Known Member

Good find! There's also

&feature=related
    &feature=related

So surreal yet insanely awesome to see Red Fraggle after...what's it been since we last saw her...18 years? Last Fraggle character footage I recall was from 1993 on Good Morning America with Uncle Matt, and of course Sprocket from Muppet Treasure Island.

So no new news on the Fraggle movie? Just so wonderful to have Fraggle back; to many folks this seemed like a long buried franchise a decade ago.
  14. beaker Well-Known Member

I always considered "Fraggles Get Jobs" episode #97, or 96 2.0 or something:)

Is that included on any of the FR sets, or the upcoming one?
  15. Redsonga Active Member

The best thing about it is you can hear everyone in the crowd go from a 'this is silly, but we'll just play along' tone, to really being into it a few moments later :excited:. We do remember the magic, we do :excited:!

Not in season 1-3, and we don't know about the 4th yet :).
  16. wwfpooh New Member

Like I said regarding Karen & Red, it matters not that Red is viewable on Karen's hand or that it is clearly notable that Karen's performing her, because--even out in the open--fans of several generations consider characters and their Muppeteers as two seperate beings, however linked. So, the magic can never be broken, as long as fans continue to believe in it! As much as some people claim that they've grown up past the magic of their childhood icons, their inner child comes out when those icons return, as this comic con event proves.
  17. beaker Well-Known Member

Nothing like seeing and interacting with a Muppet and their performer in person! And thankfully in the last 7 years we've seen more and more of this oppurtunity.
  18. ToasterBoy Member

Another video...

19. Pork Active Member

Hahahha, that's awesome:excited:
  20. ATG New Member

I had such a good time @ that panel! It was wonderful to see Karen with Red! That character is so iconic and Karen give her such energy! It's a joy to watch. I shot some vid of the panel (just snippets--I wanted to enjoy the show too!) and posted 'em on YouTube but, you guys already linked 'em! I am so glad Lionsgate ponied up the moola for this (getting Karen, Red, Dave, and Grant for the panel). It was awesome!