Have you seen celebrities in person?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Wow toughrabbit,you met John Ritter,that's awesome.I'd had the biggest crush on him since Three's Company,those baby blues and that smile.It tore my heart when he passed away.He was quite an amazing man. I've also been a fan of Men at Work since Hebrew School,my friends got me into Men at Work(a very good group).:zany:

I was also thinking about if I could meet Tom Hanks,but I really wouldn't know what to say to him,without sounding stupid(been a fan of his since B' Buddies).

Dantecat

Reaction score
The Only One I Just Remember Seeing Is Bill Cosby! I Never Met Him Before But I Really Like Him! He Was Doing A Stand Up Comedy On Stage And It Was Just Really Funny!!!!! :smile:

toughrabbit

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
Wow toughrabbit,you met John Ritter,that's awesome.I'd had the biggest crush on him since Three's Company,those baby blues and that smile.It tore my heart when he passed away.He was quite an amazing man. I've also been a fan of Men at Work since Hebrew School,my friends got me into Men at Work(a very good group).:zany:

I was also thinking about if I could meet Tom Hanks,but I really wouldn't know what to say to him,without sounding stupid(been a fan of his since B' Buddies).
Yeah, I've never heard anyone say anything bad about John Ritter. All of his peers have such wonderful things to say about him. His death was quite a loss to the world in my opinion. I'm so happy that I had the chance to meet him.

Last time I went to see Colin Hay he told a funny story about how he wrote all of Men at Work's hits while stoned. He said that he'd like to think he could have written them while sober but that he'll never know. Then he said, "I gave up the weed and I haven't had a hit since." He's very good-natured about it though. He doesn't seem bitter.

Tom Hanks seems nice. He'd probably be appreciative of anything you said to him.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Phantom said:
I met the guy that played "Eb" on Green Acres...

man, how pathetic is that?
You got somethin' against Eb? Do you? DO YOU? What do you got against Eb? Eb's cool! Anyway, do local celebrities count? I've met some of our local news anchors, and my now-fellow puppeteer at PBS, but meeting actual celebrities, I'd probably blow it because I wouldn't know what to say, or if I KNEW what I wanted to say, how would I word it. Here are some of the FEW celebrities I met...

• Loretta Long (Asembly)
  • Baha Men (concert)
  • Ronald McDonald the Clown (asembly)

And now, here's a list of celebrities I'd love to meet, whether it's a live performance, or in person, something besides the television screen.
  • Caroll Spinney
  • Kevin Clash
  • Jerry Nelson
  • David Rudman
  • Joey Mazzarino
  • Frank Oz (heck, I'd even love to WORK with these guys!)
  • Tim Allen
  • Spencer Breslin
  • Mike Myers
  • Charlie Adler
  • Alan Alda
  • Mike Farrell
  • Jamie Farr
  • William Christopher
  • Gary Burghoff
  • Colin Mochrie
  • Ryan Stiles (but he's so tall he might scare me)
  • ...c'mon, really, I mean, do I HAVE to spell this one out for you? Haven't I given you all enough clues about this one?!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, after reading the entire post now, I can see we can even post celebrities that are dead that we would've loved to meet. Well, let's see...

• Jim Henson
  • Richard Hunt
  • Elizabeth Montgomery
  • Eddie Albert
  • Eva Gabor
  • Dick York
  • McLean Stevenson
  • Larry Linville
  • Pat Buttram
  • Jay Ward

Okay, now I'm going to start a new list, that I'm sure Fozzie will easily post in...

What celebrities have you gotten autographs from (you didn't neccasarily have to meet these celebs, because a couple of them I simply wrote to.)

• Bill Williams (a retired local news anchor)
  • Kevin Clash
  • ...uh, like I said, do I HAVE to spell this out for you?

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I have a few;

Shortly after the movie Mallrats came out, I met and eventually hung out with a few times; Jason Mewes, but there's a lot of people here in Jersey who can make that claim. But my moment of pride from that relationship was when one day I was walking through Monmouth Mall and noticed a semi-large crowd. I didn't pay too much attention to it when I heard "Yo Dave!" and turned to see Jay come toward me, followed by this small crowd of fans. I felt pretty cool, that amongst all those people, he came over and talked to me for a bit. This was after Dogma came out, I think.

Another time, I was coming out of the Haunted Mansion in Disney World, not paying attention when I accidently got knocked into some very large man. I apologized for not watching where I was going when I noticed I had just been bumped by Hulk Hogan. He asked if I was okay and we proceeded in opposite directions.

Once I went to a No Doubt concert with a girl I was dating and afterward she insisted on waiting outside Gwen Steffani's tour bus with tons of other people. I went for a walk outside the convention center and ended up having a conversation with some guy for forty minutes about nothing in particular. I had a really nice time and didn't realize until my girlfriend at the time was coming to me while he was leaving and she pointed out that I had been talking with Tony Kanal the bass player. Incidentally, she never met Gwen or any other members of the band.

I also met:
Kevin Smith
Brian O'Halloran
The Canadian Brass
Marc Singer

Ziffel

Reaction score
There was a simliar thread by HPDJ this year, "What celebs have you met?" that I posted my few experiences. Click here for that.

And yes. meeting Eb (Tom Lester) from Green Acres is hardly pathetic. It would be a real honor and thrill!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
There was a simliar thread by HPDJ this year, "What celebs have you met?" that I posted my few experiences. Click here for that.

And yes. meeting Eb (Tom Lester) from Green Acres is hardly pathetic. It would be a real honor and thrill!
That's why I went to the search engine to see if anyone had started this thread before I did. Only this showed up, and not HPDJ's.