Kermits Swamp Years DVD Secrets

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
I wouldnt even begin to call this 'the new Muppet film'. Its a made for video kiddy special, no matter ho wmuch they try to pass it off as a 'movie'. Why do ya think there is ZERO pr or press or ad coverage for it?
It's a direct to video movie - it's not a special. There have been plenty of reviews for it, promotional in-store posters. They haven't (as far as we know) made TV commercials but then not all video releases get that. Kermit hasn't done any TV appearances to promote it because the guys are VERY busy right now.

You seem to be dissing it because it didn't have any Frackles or Fraggles in it - go slap yourself with water or something Cory because it was never going to have that, and nobody else said it would. They said it would have inside jokes that Muppet fans would 'get' - it did ! As you say it was a film aimed at kids, thats the market they are going for, that's the market where it will be most succesful. Before you try to give any insight into how good or bad it is i suggest you go and rent it.

Thog

Reaction score
Also when Jim is getting the mail, you can see his Grandmother Dear on the porch.

Dan

Jackie

Reaction score
Re: Sammie,

Originally posted by *Warrick*

Jackie,
Did you hear Steves Chef voice in Teh 'Behind The Scenes with Kermit and Horace D'fly' extra ?
It was great !

But i do think that the rabbit sounded too 'Kermity', He could have used a Wembley voice or Bean or another Character, It made me ask the question "Can Steve only perform Ernies and Kermits now ?"

See ya [/B]
I loved the Rabbit voice! Steve even said himself that his voice is getting deeper from doing Kermit and Ernie. He almost had a Kevin Clash kinda deepness to the Rabbit. I loved it. And I of course loved the Chef's voice and I really liked his big hollywood actor voice because it was a higher Link Hogthrob~! :smile:

The movie was still bad though...LOL!

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Jackie,

Oh yeah that was a very close Link Hogthrob, WOW !

He also sounded like Kermit in Muppets Take Manhattan when he joins the other Frogs.

Dan,
Yeah i also noticed that, Nice touch.

Seey a

Jackie

Reaction score
Something from the grill Gill? No, meat makes me ill Bill. LOL!!!!

radionate

Reaction score
Ok,

So nobody can point a finger at me and say that I can't talk about a product I haven't seen, I went out last night and picked it up.

Now I have to tell you, I felt a little self conscious walking around with it. I wondered if it really would turn out to be kiddie fare. Boy was I off. I was compleatly charmed by it. Yeah, it did have a few places that I thought were rough (I do admit they didn't need to show the Henson mailbox in a seperate closeup), but I thought it was wonderful. It was cute, but cute in a good way. It shot jokes at both adult levels and kid levels. The worst part of it were the human actors. Appearently they watched the live action Rocky and Bullwinkle one time too many. The ending seemed a little forced to, but all in all I did like it.

The exras were also fun. The behind the scenes stuff was funny, and the selected scene dialogue with Kermit and Horace was great!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. (we will see how it fares after repeated viewings, but its the best direct to video Henson project I've ever seen. Muppet Classic Theater bit the big one big time)

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Guys,

I just realised !

Who does Blotch look like ?

Think back, Think waaay back !

Mushmellon !

I just realised it, Maybe this is another 'Fan nugget' ?

" Man You Got Me Now Im Sold ! "

See ya

beaker

Reaction score
Oh boy...looks I got my work cut out...

Luke: You really thought I thought it would have frackles or fraggles or something obscure? I said from the way they were playing up the 'for the fans' hidden stuff, I would have expected better stuff than what was listed. But that is besides the point.
I have very good word it sucks, flat out. And dude, what promotion? I have yet to see any microscopic shread of promotion. Heck video stores arent even carrying it.
Also, what did you think of it? It sound slike ya loved it.

Warrick: Ok...you didnt like MFS but liked KSY? Well its no secret I had big problems with MFS(Hulk Hogan, no original songs, no real heart, no real locations hardly) but here is my MAIN problem with a lot of recent Muppets films someone touched on...you ready?

>>>The worst part of it were the human actors. Appearently they watched the live action Rocky and Bullwinkle one time too many. The ending seemed a little forced to, but all in all I did like it.<<<

PREACH IT!!! My goodness! A good Muppet film will turn into a sheer abomination because of HUMAN actors. films like Elmo in grouchland, MFS, Follow that bird...all suffered from really bad acting and human related bad guys that sucked.
I mean I was cringing at Muppetfest when this backwoods hick kidnapped one of Kermit's friends. Why why why would they write such horrid trite?

So to answer why I didnt like MTI, MFS, EIG, MCC, etc...HUMAN ACTORS and bad writing! A film with just the Muppets alone would be sweet alone, so its definately not out furry little pals. The chemistry on MTM works so weel when it comes to human interaction///sadly I havent seen any of that magic in years.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Cory,

The actors were probably bad in Kermits Swamp Years you know i havent given the actors one thought until now ?

For me The Muppets make the movie, Im not really in what the actor is doing.

Although i think that the Actors in Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppet Treasure Island were good.

Maybe you didnt like the British accents ?

On Muppets From Space i agree, Hulk Hogan is totaly wrong.
The best part about Muppets From Space is obviously the Muppet Boarding house !

But thats behind us, Look to the future.

I also liked Elmo In Grouchland and Follow That Bird.

Remember Cory pay more attention to The Muppets, Thats why we are here.

See ya