Kermits Swamp Years DVD Secrets

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Pet care center!

Sprocket would have been nice to see in the Pet Store i agree, But there has only really been one other Muppet Pet store and that was in The Muppets Take Manhattan<<<
That was no pet store! if Rowlf sold snookums just think how miffed the ower would have been! it was a pet care center, it's then the same thing with the Muppets at Walt Disney World, a pet care center, the pets are already owned, well beside Rowlf.

so there's never been a Muppet Pet store, they had a GREAT song and love your new KSY quote Warrick, but i would have hoped to see more Muppet animals, wouldn't Gaffer the backstage cat make you ake with joy if he was there?!?! a muppet babie Rowlf would have me in stiches!! great idea!

I was going to bring this up when i first saw KSY on Starz, but I thought someone said something about a young verson of Bunsen and Beaker, i could have seen them in a cameo in the George Washingtion high school.

beaker

Reaction score
Hey Warrick and Zach! Hmm, maybe Im to hard on human actors...I mean afterall they were one of the best parts of MTM!

But you are so right the Muppets make a Muppet movie...and MFS, that first 20 minutes in the boarding house? Pure Gold!!!
Man...that opening brick house song was too cool.

And KSY: LOVED the pet song, they really need to make that video online or show it on mtv...its really great.

I just keep thinking how they need to do more with Joe the Armadillo...he is sooo cool! awww!

>>>Remember Cory pay more attention to The Muppets, Thats why we are here<<<

word! I feel bad I got snookered into a flame war, I shouldnt have fallen for that. *sigh* Sometimes we do lose sight of why we are here int he first place on MC!

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
I feel bad I got snookered into a flame war, I shouldnt have fallen for that. *sigh* Sometimes we do lose sight of why we are here int he first place on MC!
That wasn't a flame war - in my book that was a minor disagreement. Lets all just get along and try and be happy little Muppet Central campers ! :stick_out_tongue:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I love it when Luke take's charge!

It's like it's really "Luke" trying to keep everything under control!

Zack)Rowlf the, huh? why do i feel i said the same thing about Phil in another thread???Dog.

beaker

Reaction score
>>>That wasn't a flame war - in my book that was a minor disagreement. Lets all just get along and try and be happy little Muppet Central campers !<<<

It's funny, I actually really like Luke. When you look at it three quarter centruy grown guys having a flame war over a straight to video kid's film is pretty whacked.

I'm gonna be honest, in the heat of battle sometimes I take Luke's offbeat UK humour the wrong way. So apologies.
As for Nate, Ive chatted with him a few times on chat and found him to be a cool guy... so I was surprised
by some of the stuff he said recently.

To be candid, with the whole KSY thing, I did do an about face(tho I think a few others did too)...in the future the lesson should be we should all try to be constructive even if something appears to look less than awesome. And also, I appreciate Warrick and Joggy being constructive saying, well basically what we should all do. And that is say what you at least DID like about a film or whatever. That idea, could spawn a big post about what I loved about MFS, a film I wa sless than energetic about previously.

>>It's like it's really "Luke" trying to keep everything under control<<<

Wasnt that Phil who intervened? Good ol Kermit keeping the gang in line, heh

Luke

Reaction score
Re: I love it when Luke take's charge!

Originally posted by Zack the Dog
It's like it's really "Luke" trying to keep everything under control!
You mean my happy little Muppet Central campers comment ? Well that's how i see it - we are all on the road to Hollywood like in the Muppet Movie and MC is the campfire we are sitting around halfway through our journey talking about stuff - someday we'll find the Rainbow Connection, the lovers, the dreamers, the Penguins and ......... ME !

Laaaa da da daaaaaa da da da - doo doo dee dee da da da ... daaaaaaaaaaa !

Luke
(Of course we'll probably find the Rainbow Connection in Munich or Hamburg but that's another story !)

beaker

Reaction score
>>>You mean my happy little Muppet Central campers comment ? Well that's how i see it - we are all on the road to Hollywood like in the Muppet Movie and MC is the campfire we are sitting around halfway through our journey talking about stuff - someday we'll find the Rainbow Connection, the lovers, the dreamers, the Penguins<<<

Hey, that reminds me of that dream I had where we got picked up in the Electric Mayhem bus to go to MF.

That is a pretty good analogy Luke...it is like the Muppet movie, the journey. Along the way there maybe some bumpy roads or mean Skeksis to sidetrack. But while what you reference in theory is an 'idea', to me it can symbolize more of an actuality.
To me Muppetfest 2003 represents that road to Hollywood the Muppet gang take in TMM.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
When you look at it three quarter centruy grown guys having a flame war over a straight to video kid's film is pretty whacked.

To be candid, with the whole KSY thing, I did do an about face
I'm sooo confused. I thought this was a "fake" flame war that I wasn't in on, and I thought that you always "liked" KSY and were just posting as a ruse?

All the california peeps remind me to not move there when Cory goes into politics!:cool:

beaker

Reaction score
>>>I'm sooo confused. I thought this was a "fake" flame war that I wasn't in on, and I thought that you always "liked" KSY and were just posting as a ruse?<<<

What this was...was the Corster being one notch more vocal than everyone else about similair thoughts other people were voicing, then having an about face when I actually saw the dvd. You want to know the truth? I was surprised everyone seemed to jump down my throat for saying the stuff I always do...like Luke, I mix in praise, hype with harsh cynicism. Just a little unusual, as I wasnt used to so many 'flames'. Its ok...also...this sounds, well Im not sure...but it was PRECISELY because of all the posts by Nate to me I decded to go and buy KSY dvd. Sometimes it takes what it takes. I believe it was Nietzsche who wrote 'That which does not flame us into eternity makes us stronger'.

So for the record, let this be a lesson to you...even if every single person on a website flames a video or special or movie, be like Nate and have a 'wait and see' approach. Like many on here I jumped the gun to assume it was something to pass on.
Boy was I WRONG!

>>>All the california peeps remind me to not move there when Cory goes into politics!<<<

Cory for president 2012...no joke! The year the Summer Olympics come to San Franciso I shall be campaigning as the almighty golden hierophant to console people from their digital cel chip implants and flying cars.

So was this all a bored with MC ruse or a anti anti-KSY commentary? Neither. What better way to explain to people
all these insults flying around than to say it was a ruse.
In other words, it is quite embarassing to admit being part of a small flame war about a children's video.