1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Let's Take a Stand:The Muppet Show Season 4 and 5

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Muppet Master, Apr 29, 2014.

1. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

What happened? Do they no longer work for Disney?

Could someone repost this list. I'd find it interesting to see.

2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

No, but someone with strong connects.

I can't remember much, but what I do remember is that NASA refused to let them use the Pigs in Space phone call to the Astronauts (of whatever mission that was). Yep. A government agency refused Disney the use of their own characters.

panmanthe2nd likes this.
  3. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

Oh wow! I wonder why NASA said no. Do fans have a copy of the video?

dwayne1115 and muppetlover123 like this.
  4. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

What about something like this:

The Muppets Recall there Favorite Muppet Show moments.
    Kermit, Mrs.Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Gonzo, The band Bunsan & Beaker, and Rowlf recall some of there most favorite moments of all five seasons of the Muppet Show.

panmanthe2nd likes this.
  5. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I loved those DVDs, but they were like $20, so I don't own one. They had three full lenght uncut muppet show episodes with these things called UK Spots which us in the USA were seeing for the first time. For extras each set had a Brian Henson Introduction for each individual episode, a cool little Movie Mania sketch parodying some of the most iconic movies and tv shows (I love the FrogFather), Muppetisms which were nice little segments with muppets goofing off, and finally some cool origanal concept art of the characters. At the time when they came out they were basically priceless, considering TMS was hardly on TV, and there was NO YOUTUBE, then ya I would've bought a couple by saving up my allowence, but now we have Youtube and the first three seasons at reasonable prices. I'm fine with my TMS full series bootleg, but in a heartbeat I'd trade it for the first three TMS seasons, because I like owning commercial copies. So in all, if they made a "Best Of's" they should
    1. Make it a reasonable price, I think $7.50 would be a reasonable price for 3 full lenght episodes and some cool extras
    2. have the episodes be strictly of S4 and S5
    3. have the episodes uncut
    4. for extras have movie manias, and something similar to muppetisms, and if they can BH intros. and concept art.

panmanthe2nd and dwayne1115 like this.
  6. Muppet Master

That's just one of those playhouse videos, we're way past that!

dwayne1115 likes this.
  7. dwayne1115

Ah I'm thinking at least, not every idea that come out of these fingers is going to be a good one.....

8. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Yep. Like GelflingWaldo of The Muppet Newsflash and even our own Phillip Chapman. It's like they abandoned us! :cry: :grouchy:

9. Super Leviathan

Super Leviathan New Member

The trend for DVD now is for the big studios to subcontract releases out to smaller licensors. WKRP in Cincinatti and The Wonder Years are coming out in complete box sets in spite of being extraordinarily difficult shows to release legalities and music-wise.

Writing to Disney is probably futile at the moment, since getting new releases and animated classics on Blu-Ray is their priority. Instead, write to Shout Factory or Time Life about how much you'd love to see them finish The Muppet Show.

10. Muppet Master

Thanks for the suggestion, so... http://www.shoutfactory.com/node/987 http://timelife.com/contact?

Jerry Bindas likes this.
  11. Super Leviathan

Super Leviathan New Member

And everyone here should do it. You know what they say about the squeaky wheel.

12. Jerry Bindas

Jerry Bindas New Member

my contribution:

Please release seasons 4 & 5 of the Muppet Show on DVD. the first 3 seasons have been out for quite some time, and there are many loyal fans like myself who eagerly buy those seasons. also, please release any and all other Muppet specials you have the rights to that are as yet unreleased. there are millions of fans waiting patiently for the additional releases. please put them out asap. there is definitely a demand for them. thank you.

hopefully, they eventually realize it's worth it to release the titles. ideally sooner rather than later.

13. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Let's all rally to Disney's doors and beg until they throw us out which won't take much. :p

dwayne1115 likes this.
  14. Eyeball

Eyeball Well-Known Member

then we could just have a sit down protest outside no?

15. dwayne1115

No because we are not protesting a war or a bad president or anything else they use to protest in the 60's. We are just wanting two box sets of DVD's. Which in the eyes of some would seem peaty.

16. Eyeball

thats true i guess, would make a hilarious bit of news though.

17. dwayne1115

Sure could you just picture 20 or 30 die hard Muppet fans dressed as there favorite Muppet standing out at the Walt Disney gates holding up signs demanding the rest of the Muppet Show to be released.

18. Eyeball

lol yeah i can and it sounds a **** of alot more interesting than most things on telly, would of been an internet hit.

panmanthe2nd likes this.
  19. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

The scenario of that playing in my head actually made me laugh. XD

dwayne1115 likes this.
  20. dwayne1115

Well when you think about it, it is kind of like a hostage or something like that kind of situation. I can just hear people chanting at the picket line "Release the Muppets Now!" Release the Muppets Now!" Release the Muppets Now!"

panmanthe2nd likes this.