1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Most Underused Muppets?

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by TravellingMatt, Jan 2, 2003.

1. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Okay- I haven't seen the "Little Muppet Monsters" episodes that have floated out there on the Internet yet- but cool to know that Piggy and Fozzie interact some there. :mad::o
    Yeah- it doesn't seem you see them together too much. But I know there was one Pigs in Space sketch where Fozzie filled in for Piggy- did Piggy show up there and have words with Fozzie perhaps?

2. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

As I recall, Piggy complains about Fozzie taking her place in the backstage scene that follows the PIS sketch.

LaRanaRene and GonzoLeaper like this.
  3. GonzoLeaper

GonzoLeaper Well-Known Member

Okay- well, there's another example anyway then.

4. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

I
    I understand what you mean, but I just count the regular Muppet line. You know, The Muppet Show - Muppets Most Wanted?

5. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

All though they rarely interacted, Fozzie has joined in a number of songs Piggy has been in or sang. Off the top of my head, The Circle song, Wizard of Oz skit, We got Us, Side by Side by Side. Usually he was preformed by Steve and Richard in these instances.

6. Dr TeethFan

Dr TeethFan Active Member

Bobby Benson & The Baby Band

LaRanaRene likes this.
  7. LaRanaRene

LaRanaRene Well-Known Member

There was also Baab the Sheep (Muppet Wiki http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Baab), performed once in the Muppets from Space. He was performed by Kristina Donelly, an eleven year-old girl whose wish was to perform a Muppet. She died a few weeks after the release of the movie.[​IMG] Here's a pic of Kristina with Baab.

8. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Dude The Elvises are massively underused. I only saw them in MCT, MT, and the last time IAVMMCM briefly back in '02. I read on wikipedia they'd be in MMW, but I doubt it.

LaRanaRene likes this.
  9. MuppetNostalgia

MuppetNostalgia New Member

I recall two occasions in seasone one of TMS where Miss Piggy actually spoke to Fozzie.

Fozzie poured flower all over Kermit as a practical joke.
    FOZZIE:"That's the punch."
    MISS PIGGY:"No Fozzie,this is the punch."(karate chops him)

Fozzie's opening joke in episode that guest starred Kaye Ballard.
    FOZZIE:"Did you hear the one about the very fat pig?"
    MISS PIGGY:"Did you hear the one about the very flat bear?"(karate chops him)

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  10. Mad Monty fan

Mad Monty fan Active Member

Angel Marie
    Blind Pew
    Black Dog
    Walleye Pike
    The purple crocodile pirate (yes he has a name, i just prefer not to mention it)
    Calico
    One-Eyed Jack
    Blue Frackle
    Green Frackle
    Gramps
    Moosehead
    George the Janitor
    Jacques Roach
    Emily Bear
    Gorgon Heap
    Yes i know:
    The Moosehead hasn't been seen since Muppets from Space.
    George the Janitor hasn't appeared since then.
    Jacques Roach never made any other appearances outside of The Jim Henson Hour, apart from his appearance in Muppet Treasure Island.
    Emily Bear has yet to be seen again.
    Gorgon Heap most likely retired from show business for the time being.

11. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

Kermit the Frog :p
    But for real, we should see more Gonzo and Rowlf.

Muppet Master likes this.
  12. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I think Vendaface was EXTREMELY underused, and if they count as muppets, the moopets, which besides Miss Poogy, we'll probably never see again!

I know, that guy could have been someone, he was only in MTI and MFS briefly!