Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

Super Scooter

Reaction score
minor muppetz said:
That could cause some problems (unless the idea of humans trying to pass themselves off as Muppets is used). I doubt that Disney would pay for a lot of new puppets to be built just for a quick 10-second gag, only for the characters to never be used again. Disney could reuse several obscure characters who only us hardcore fans are likely to know about (Leroy the Donkey, Lugsy, Flower-Eating Monster, etc) and try to pass them off as new Muppets who get rejected, but then we would probably complain or point out this mistake. Disney could take some old puppets and add some features to them, or completely replace some body parts, but I wouldn't like that (I don't want the Lips puppet to have it's hair, eyes, and nose replaced, and I don't want the Pops puppet to be altered to look like a young person). The best way to do this would be to have these characters be whatnots, as that would probably be the cheapest thing to do to introduce a bunch of characters who only apear for a few seconds, and maybe some new whatnot patterns can be built for this scene, to throw off the hardcore fans. But then it would be weird for all of the characters who want to become Muppets to be humanoid, and whatnots are rarely used for animal characters.
... It was just a joke. :big_grin:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
... It was just a joke. :big_grin:
I love the idea. It's hillarious, maybe have some a-List stars acting as muppets. that would be insane.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Leadership

BEAR said:
It doesn't surprise me that Bill Barretta would take the initiative. He seems to be one of the more aggressive of the bunch. Dave Goelz is the most senior of the current Muppeteer roster, but he doesn't strike me as the kind of person that would want to be a leader.
While it is great to see that muppeteers are involved, it must be looked at in prospective that the Jim henson Company have been brought in on an advisory and assisting capacity and all decisions and power rest with the Walt Disney Company.:concern:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If this mockumentary has the Muppets splititng up only for Kermit to get them back together for a new series, then either the gap between the break-up didn't last long, or there is a major cotinuity issue. The Mupepts recently worked together on A Green and Red Christmas, The Muppets Wizard of Oz, and the french Muppet TV series (is that show still in production? Ditto with From the Balcony).

MWoO

Reaction score
crazed gonzo fa said:
I liked it as well! Too bad you guys aren't helping with the show!
Actually I thought it was a joke that only people here would understand and would be horrible for an actual show as most people at home would stare at the tv wondering what was going on.

Frogster

Reaction score

If this is an indication that something GOOD is on the way, then I wish all of them the best of luck. Let's hope they pull through and not pull embarrassing stunts, like they did making VMMCM, where they had to put perverse material in to sacrifice the Muppets we already loved.

zeekeroo

Reaction score
Title

Does any one know the title to the pilot and will this be on CBS just like the origenal Muppet Show:confused: