1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Muppets.com relaunches with Disney XD

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by RKUNKLER, Feb 3, 2008.

1. frogboy4 Inactive Member

I agree with you. All the Muppets need are a good dusting off and a shine on their classic roots. Segel's passion and ideas have given me hope, but I believe a good Muppet project would be somewhere inbetween Lewis and Segel. Could be like chocolate and peanut butter. :o The thing is, we don't know how much follow-through is really happening. The Halloween special makes me hopeful.

Muppets.com really just needs to keep up the funny clips and craft the site to easily facilitate the viewing of them. Everything after that is icing. Some of the icing (site structure, clip loading and volume settings) they're using now does hinder viewing the clips. It also seems that they are spending time making the site look Muppety, but aren't using real Muppety reference.
  2. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

For once we seem to be on the same page my friend.
  3. beaker Well-Known Member

These Muppets.com sketches prove that the writing and magic is not only still there, but they would not need too much to have a weekly 22 minute new Muppet show. I am continually amazed at how inventive and fun a large bulk of these skits are. And they are barely even trying, another good sign that they have an excellent creative chemistry going on.

I just wish these could be collected on dvd by Disney(Like the Best of The Muppets on Ed Sullivan), or that itd be possible to download flash videos from the site(Im sad the From The Balcony sketches are all scrubbed from the internet)
  4. dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well that really is what it is like watching a modern day Muppet Show without any guest stars.
  5. Mary Louise Active Member

I just saw a video at Muppets.com where Bobo and Beauregard show how to remove unsightly hares!
  6. Telly Active Member

I love the Drive-Thru videos!
  7. ohtherain New Member

New Gonzo video premiered today. Also on the Disney character page, click all characters; the eight large icons are Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal, Pepe, Statler and Waldorf, and Bunsen. Hoping for more Kermit!
  8. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed the new Gonzo video--and the bios on the main Disney Characters page. Very cool. The Gonzo video was hysterical, though. That weirdo cracks me up.
  9. ohtherain New Member

New Do Not Touch videos; one with a cow (Steve? can anyone tell who this is?) and Big Mean Carl (Bill) and one with Kermit's Lessons from the Swamp (Steve). And just a reminder, a new Muppets.com has been announced at D23, but this page will remain.
  10. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

So THAT's what happened to Steve's Kermit! That alligator ate him! I bet Kismet the Toad put him up to this...:concern:
  11. AaronCF New Member

Not in the UK

Does anyone know why the Muppet videos aren't viewable in the UK?
    Doesn't Disney own the rights in the UK?
    I want to see them sooooo badly...:cry:
  12. beaker Well-Known Member

Proxy my friend, proxy! :)
  13. jjevons New Member

14. jjevons New Member

15. theprawncracker Well-Known Member

*laughs! ! !* That was SO funny! So classically Muppety and AWESOME! I absolutely love it! I really hope there are more for Halloween. Fantastic stuff. Love the return of all the Muppet Labs standards: the clock, the music, the Beaker... Awesome. :eek:
  16. frogboy4 Inactive Member

Fantastic! I love this bit!

On a side note, does anyone have a contact number for Disney Interactive? Their web execution makes watching clips terrible on over half the computers I've used! I love Flash, I work in Flash and there's a good way and bad way to do things. They picked the most irritating methods where the user can't cache the clips. I would love to at least see an alternative site or You Tube page of just the clips (and ALL of the clips) without the "frills" and stuttering playback. I find myself not truly enjoying the clips as much as visualizing myself enjoying them if they would play properly! :sympathy:

Their web developers get a total F in my book, but the content is a perfect A+! They should show some of these as bumpers between commercials on the Disney Channel! :flirt:
  17. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I think what clinched it for me was Beaker putting his finger up his nose and out his eye when his head is turned into a jack-o'-lantern. I found that extremely hilarious.

However, Bunsen needs to have that left arm checked. The forearm was too short and the puppeteer sleeve was visible at the beginning (just to nitpick).
  18. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I have to say, while it's still extremely scrubby, it's nowhere near as bad as it used to be. In fact, as soon as it loaded up, the Rizzo and Bubba intro ran about 85% smoothly.

Not only did they have a great Bunsen and Beaker skit... but they ALSO managed to use the original music from the Muppet show, and recreate the intro. Very good job.
  19. RedPiggy Well-Known Member

After giving it some thought ... I think I'd REALLY like that neato clock...
  20. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Oh man, were those good! I loved the talking pumpkins exploding into pumpkin pies! Although, I think the Jack-O-Lantern Beaker and having him die were kind of creepy and off-putting in my book.