Muppets.com relaunches with Disney XD

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
"To get to the other site!"

I must be psychic; I knew the punchline before they called the hotline! Wocka wocka!

*waits for laughter* ...

Redsonga

Reaction score
NEW video! On the main site there's a new video with Statler and Waldorf! Very funny, hokay. :boo: :sleep:

EDIT: There's also a new Kermit blog entry! ! !
Kermit's voice sounds a bit off to me in the newest blog for some reason:embarrassed:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Loved 'em both! And I noticed "The Muppet Show Book" in Kermit's office.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I like the Statler and waldorf one but Kermit boy oh boy if that was the Kermit I remember he's be spazzing at Fozzie and telling him to get out of her after that bad pun..I'm gonna get flamed for this but whatever Steve's Kermit is either way to relaxed or hyper and mostly at the wrong times.
Timing is everything especially with things that are supposed to be funny..this is not even close to good grief the comedians a bear!:embarrassed: Alass poor Kermie I knew thee well.:sympathy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I won't jump the gun on Kermit's performance here, but I will say that Fozzie is always ON these days. He's a hard act to compete with now. This is what was always missing in the Oz dubbed performances. It's almost like having a young Frank Oz back with 200% energy! :embarrassed:

As far as Steve's Kermit. I like him. He's right to me about 90% of the time. There's much that goes into the performance (even including hand size that was discussed recently). The only thing I've had to forgive about Steve's Kermit was appearing in the movie Swamp Years. It was so poorly written (likely with a crayon) that it brakes my heart to see even the box. However, I did like the musical number and some of the characters.

The Statler and Waldorf clip kicks butt! I am still hoping for some Scooter, Rowlf and Mayhem. Why don't they have Rowlf? Bill Barretta is definitely around. :sympathy:

Redsonga

Reaction score
I loved Swamp Years :smile:! But then I love anything that gives the characters more background story :stick_out_tongue:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yes, Kermit used to hate puns...but people do change. When your best friend makes puns 80% of the time, you'll start to not react on every one I think...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I won't jump the gun on Kermit's performance here, but I will say that Fozzie is always ON these days. He's a hard act to compete with now. This is what was always missing in the Oz dubbed performances. It's almost like having a young Frank Oz back with 200% energy! :embarrassed:

As far as Steve's Kermit. I like him. He's right to me about 90% of the time. There's much that goes into the performance (even including hand size that was discussed recently). The only thing I've had to forgive about Steve's Kermit was appearing in the movie Swamp Years. It was so poorly written (likely with a crayon) that it brakes my heart to see even the box. However, I did like the musical number and some of the characters.

The Statler and Waldorf clip kicks butt! I am still hoping for some Scooter, Rowlf and Mayhem. Why don't they have Rowlf? Bill Barretta is definitely around. :sympathy:

Give it time with Scooter and Rowlf and Elicteric Mayhem. I would say that after this new spceal that is coming on the the Band is in we might see some more of them soon.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Yes, Kermit used to hate puns...but people do change. When your best friend makes puns 80% of the time, you'll start to not react on every one I think...
Maybe he got worn down over the years..Poor Kermie:sympathy:!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Give it time with Scooter and Rowlf and Elicteric Mayhem. I would say that after this new spceal that is coming on the the Band is in we might see some more of them soon.
Good point. I find it amusing how the Henson Hour and Muppets Tonight mostly shelved the classic Mayhem when they are recognized and beloved by so many people. It's a long-running mistake that seems to have been noticed by those involved in current projects. Thank goodness!

One thing that kind of bothers me is Scooter's position these days. They have him far in the background like a one-note character (like Beauregard or Crazy Harry) when he used to have Fozzie-like standing in Muppetdom! I hope they really bring him back. Who performed him in Oz? It wasn't Brian Henson was it? Scooter needs a regular performer like Eric has been for Fozzie and Piggy.

It's so funny to even be complaining of a lack of Scooter when the Muppets are around so much more these days. I am thankful! :wink: