1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Phillip, Sep 6, 2002.

1. VP Weirdo

VP Weirdo Member

But it was never meant to be hidden. I was operating under the assumtion that when starting on new topic on the forum you had to click on create thread. (?)
  2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

That's correct, what the previous poster was saying is that this thread we're currently posting in is sort of hidden...you do do exactly what you did to create a thread, the only reason it was deleted is because we already have this thread.
  3. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Ok...I'm misunderstanding something.

Did you create a thread at some point introducing yourself and it just vanished?

Edit: Hey, thats two posts you ziffled me today. You are on a roll, dude.
  4. VP Weirdo

VP Weirdo Member

That's impossible. I was still in process of editing my message and hadn't even posted it yet. Plus, giving the searchs I've done I doubt very much anyone else had already address the topic I had in mind.
  5. VP Weirdo

VP Weirdo Member

Not exactly. Read with a just wrote to Hubert. Oh and to avoid addition confusion, this was supposed to be a new topic in a different forum. Without a forumal introduction. I'd already introduced myself on this forum and didn't want to make myself the focus of the topic.:sigh:
  6. Sgt Floyd

So you were trying to post a topic. Did you actually post the topic and decided you wanted to edit it? I'm sorry if I sound like I'm being difficult. I'm just trying to make sure I am understanding what you are saying.
  7. VP Weirdo

VP Weirdo Member

Yes, because my spelling and grammer tends to be (for lack of a more polite word: crappy) most of the time. I tend to preview my messages before posting them so I correct any word mistakes and also in case any sentences seem over long or rambled. In fact, I original intended to say a little something about my personal history at the start of this topic, but since I tend to get lost in my multitude of ideas anyway it seem best to just skip to point. So I was deleting my intro sentance after thinking it wasn't necessary and that tryed changing 'quote' to 'quite' in the next sentance. I think that was when I somehow lost it. Of course, I could easily just start over again, but I was so frustrated to that thought when me next alert arrived. So figures:p "my as well say what's on my mind."

And no, it doesn't feel like your being difficult. Thanks.
  8. Sgt Floyd

I see. You either clicked delete somewhere along the lines (although a message should have popped up confirming it) or a mod deleted your topic. If you were talking about yourself, it is very possible that your topic was mistaken for an introduction and deleted. Or you included something a bit too personal. You can always pm The Count and ask if he deleted your topic.
  9. VP Weirdo

VP Weirdo Member

It is possible that I maybe just taking to long? For the record there nothing all that personal about the topic. As I said, reference to myself where something I wished to down play. At least this time anyway.
    Which Count would you be refering in to hmmmm?
  10. Sgt Floyd

Time should not have been an issue. I'm not really sure what to tell you other than pm The Count (thats his username. Otherwise known as Ed.) He was online recently, so he is listed under the Staff Online Now box on the index of the forum. Or just skip that and try posting again :/

Also, since we are on the subject, game threads and RP threads are always deleted unless approved by a staff member first.
  11. VP Weirdo

VP Weirdo Member

I'll probably just try again tommorow. It's nice to know of entered sure a helpfull community. So thanks again for reading.
  12. mo

mo Well-Known Member

sorry were you making a new thread or something?
  13. Arthur Smith

Arthur Smith New Member

Hi there! I'm just starting in puppet making. I have only been making puppets since May 2012 and have kind of jumped in with both feet (I've made about a dozen rod-arm puppets and am on my 2nd full-size, wearable one). You can see my attempts at
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150814899633152.399674.542023151&type=3.

I am looking for ideas, tips and tricks and w
    ould love to get like minded people together to share ideas and creations So I created a Facebook page called "Making Puppets" where you can also see my creations and post your own. Please check out and share
    Thanks!
    Arthur
  14. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Hey Arthur! Welcome to the forum!
  15. agripa86

agripa86 New Member

Hi there,

just joined the forum so thought I would say hi
  16. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Welcome to Muppet Central! Wipe your feet on the mat before you come in!
    agripa86 likes this.
  17. Coz UK

Coz UK New Member

Hello from England!
    Longtime Muppet fan (I can remember watching Jim Henson performing Kermit on Blue Peter... it was a long while back!).

As a kid I found a Fisher Price Kermit at a flea market, and after due deliberation, cut a hole in the back of his neck for my hand. Please, forgive me - I was but a child!

I did have the forethought to slit the fabric under his pointy collar, tho.
    It soon got too small for my mitts, however, so I ended up restuffing Kermits head and patching up my pre-adolescent scissor work.
    I still have him. He's a little rough round the edges, and his eyes are all scratched with poorly magic-markered pupils, but I still have him.

I remember watching Fraggle Rock with Fulton Mackay - well, when he was in the show, that is. He wasn't visiting or anything! I wanted my own Doozer! Still do, if I'm honest.

I remember watching Sesame Street when it still aired on UK TV! I was too old for it then, but I'd watch for the Muppet bits.

I'm soon to be an uncle, so I jumped at the excuse (ahem) to get on with some Uncle-y things, so puppets fit the bill very well. I've been a movie prop fan for a while now, so some of the skills will transfer over, I'm sure.
    I used to customise action figures, so I'm no stranger to jabbing myself with a needle.

I've finished up one puppet, (posted my little red guy in Building) put together to polish my sewing skills and get practical hands-on (or is is that up?) experience.

Hopefully I'll have some ideas and information to share before long!
    I already got a few questions to ask, too. :)

Thanks for having me,
    Coz.
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  18. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Hey Coz! Welcome to the forum! This is the place for longtime Muppet fans, (and shorttime for that matter), so you should fit right in hear!

:insatiable:: Did somebody say shortbread? Me want cookie!
  19. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums!
  20. MuppetPrincess

MuppetPrincess New Member

Hello!
    My name is Meg...I go by the name MuppetPrincess here. I am very surprised that no one had taken that name by now.

Anyway, I'm 25 years old and still a muppet lover. My favorite muppets are: Kermit/Gonzo/Beeker (sp?)