1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Phillip, Sep 6, 2002.

1. HubbaWhaFraggle

HubbaWhaFraggle New Member

hello fellow muppet-lovers, my name is lia & i am so happy to be a part of this community<3! :drool: i am a new member, as this is my 1st post, but i am definitely not a new muppet fan; i have been a fan of jim henson, the muppets, & sesame street since i was a few months old (i am now 26)! growing up, my twin sister erin & i enjoyed SS, the ghost of faffner hall, muppet babies, the muppet show, & prob. more works of jim henson that i can*t even think of @ the moment. :o
    i teach young toddlers (1 & 2 year olds) @ a daycare, & try to show them classic sesame street (from 1969 to 1991ish), because i think that it was the best era of SS, although there are still some gems here & there.
    my sense of humor i think was absolutely influenced by the muppets, & i love it (you know the stuff, like chaos! LOL*)! erin & i watch old jim henson shows recorded from my mom & dad for us when we were little & notice subtle things that we didn*t even realize when we were younger! i think it is some of the best stuff for kids- & most certainly adults- to enjoy!
    my sis & i spend most of our time these days watching old muppet-y things on youtube; or spending time here, muppetwiki, etc. we have a youtube channel (VHSheaven) where we plan to upload our fave things (i.e. old episodes of SS, fafner hall, old commercials, & news clips, etc.). we are huge old pop-culture fans, too! so old muppet clips are ideal viewing for us currently! lol* :flirt:
    recently we*ve become very into the muppeteers behind our fave muppets. i love all the muppeteers; but jerry, frank, jim, & richard are my faves because they were the 1st- the pioneers! i feel like each of them are a 2nd father & 1st teacher to me, in a way, & always friends. :halo:
    ok, sorry about how long this post is. wow! enough muppet-nerdness here. ;) in the meantime, keep it muppetational, all<3! :)
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  2. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forms!
    You show Sesame Street at a daycare? That's so great!
  3. HubbaWhaFraggle

HubbaWhaFraggle New Member

thanks for the warm welcome, vincent! :cluck: yes, i try to show sesame as much as possible to my kiddos & they LOVE it (they*ll always ask me for it)! technically, we*re not supposed to show TV @ the center where i work, so i sneak it on my cell phone (shh! LOL*). :coy: but i don*t see anything wrong with it. for example, yesterday we were teaching about sea animals & one of the little girls in my group has a seahorse doll that she sleeps with all the time. so, i picked up her "horsey" (that*s what she calls it. haha*) off the floor, & talked about its curly tail. then i showed my kids the SS clip "seahorse" with live action seahorses swimming with b/g music by the great joe raposo. they loved it & i love it! we must*ve watched it 3 times in that sitting alone! :excited: what can i say? they*re smart cookies w/ great taste! :wisdom:
    oops- i forgot to mention that i*ve also loved fraggle rock since i was child (wait- what am i saying? i*m still a child- @ heart!). i even watched it everyday on the hub ('til they took it off the air recently. boo. :boo:). i have a fondness for jerry & frank (hence my name "hubbawha"- frank/"fraggle"-jerry. LOL* <3), although i love ALL the muppeteers, & ALL the shows of jim henson, because ALL are genius<3!!! :flirt:
    Fragglemuppet and Vincent Liu like this.
  4. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Welcome, HubbaWhaFraggle! It's really great that you are working to spread Jim Henson's legacy to younger generations through your daycare like that!
  5. NextJim1225

NextJim1225 Member

Hi Muppet Central! I'm NextJim1225 and I'm new to the forum. I'm 14 and my account name says it all; I'm very enthused about puppetry and looking to being a great world wide renowned puppeteer just like my idol and life lessons barer Jim Henson. I've got some brilliant ideas and concepts (I've also got the business end of it figured out too $$) and I know I've got what it takes to make it! I also consider myself to be a great Muppet historian and go to guy on behind the scenes info. I can't wait to be apart of this flourishing family!
  6. Vincent Liu

Welcome to the family of Muppet Central forums!
  7. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Welcome NextJim1225!!!!!!! Glad to see you're into puppetry, and also have gotten a lot of inspiration from Jim!
  8. NextJim1225

NextJim1225 Member

Thanks Vincent Liu and Hurbert! Oh Hurbert, I've been reading your blog and it seems we have very similar views on life. I also tend to find deeper messages in many things I see and read also.
  9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Oh wow, thanks for checking it out! Really glad you seem to be enjoying reading it. I love looking into all the inspirational stuff behind everything. There are just so many aspects to it all, always something else to explore and reflect on.
  10. Vincent Liu

You have a blog? Wow, I'm checking it out!
  11. NextJim1225

NextJim1225 Member

As we speak (well, type), I'm working on some cowboy puppets. The heads are coming along swimmingly, and I start the bodies tomorrow.
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  12. Vincent Liu

Remember to post some pictures when you're finished!
  13. NextJim1225

NextJim1225 Member

Oh definately. As soon as it start working on costuming.
  14. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

15. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Hi! My name is FrackleFan2012. I'm so excited to be here posting in Muppet Central Forum. I've grown up with the Muppets since I was little. I also do cartoons, too. I hope you like me here. Thank you! :)
  16. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Welcome FrackleFan2012!!!!!!!!!! If you're a Muppet fan, of course we'll like you here. Also really lovin' that Droop avatar, by the way, where's that photo from?
  17. Ellygator

Ellygator New Member

Hello! I've been a long time muppet fan and am glad to have a place to talk amongst other fans :)
  18. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Welcome to MC, Ellygator!!!!!!!! Hope you like it here.
  19. Ellygator

Ellygator New Member

20. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Welcome! I hope you like it here!