1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Phillip, Sep 6, 2002.

1. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Cool...unfortunately though I have it on Blu-Ray, I don't have a Blu-Ray player, so I never got to see that. I'm really glad that Droop seems to be making a resurgence, though.
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  2. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Yeah, me too!

Are you ever going to get a Blu-Ray player on your birthday or for the holidays?
  3. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I doubt I'm ever going to end up with one for a while...I'm not really seeing the need for one at this point in time, maybe later on as it becomes more widespread.
  4. FrackleFan2012

Thanks, Vincent. It's a pleasure! :D
  5. FrackleFan2012

I use the TV in my family room to play Blu-Ray stuff. Thanks for sharing.
  6. Benji2

Benji2 New Member

I'm Ben. Looking foward to the Henson-esque insanity I've seen on this board.

Have recently rediscovered the old school Sesame St videos and relived many, many childhood memories. I think the Sesame St forums are where I'll be doing most of my posting initially. I must have watched SS from about 1976 to 1985, but a lot of the pre-1976 sketches are very familiar, amazed that they're all that old now. I've started by listing the SS sketches that scared me as a child - make what you will of that.

Also loved the Muppets, saw the second season again on DVD recently, the Swedish Chef and Beaker have still got it in spades... Love the other sketches too.
  7. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums! Yes, you'll find insanity all right.
    [someone fires a :zany:penguin cannon]
  8. FrackleFan2012

Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum, Ben!

Can I be able to see your old school SS videos you have? I can't wait to watch them!!
  9. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Welcome Ben! You sure will find insanity at this place.
  10. kessto

kessto Member

Hello all,

Ive been a member for a while, but never introduced myself. Im Anthony an up and coming performer(actor,singer,dancer, puppeteer) who has loved all things Henson since I was 3 years old. I am currently in South Korea on a performance contract for the next year, which is giving me time to work on all my skills including my puppetry.
  11. Vincent Liu

Welcome to the forums! Is your avatar of the puppets you perform?
  12. FrackleFan2012

Wow! Nice to meet you! I hope you have a lovely time here at the Muppet Central Forum.
  13. kessto

kessto Member

Thanks ,
    yes two of them, there are a few more.
  14. FrackleFan2012

I can't wait to see more of the puppets you own, Kessto.
    Nice job on puppeteering!
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, Anthony! I really like those puppets in your avatar.
  16. Sequelcast

Sequelcast New Member

Hey, I'm Mat and I've been living in Portland, Oregon for six years. I work as a copy-editor on medical claims. I first watched the Muppets when I was very young. The first movie I remember watching was The Muppets Take Manhattan. My sister and I were both terrified by Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal. I've been to the puppet museum in Atlanta, Georgia and found it underwhelming. Lots of great content, just poor layout. I did get to see one of the Jim Henson Studios designed suits for the live-action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle movie at the Sci-Fi museum in Seattle, Washington once. That was very moving.

On a Muppet related side note, on my weekly podcast the Sequelcast, we're currently covering all the Muppet movies. I'd hope the audience here would enjoy some of these episodes. We're up to The Muppets Take Manhattan so far.
    Fragglemuppet and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  17. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Hi Mat! Welcome to the forum! I'll have to check out your podcasts, they sound interesting.
  18. FrackleFan2012

Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum, Matt! I hope you enjoy your stay.
  19. Vincent Liu

Welcome to the forums! Did you post your podcast in the "On The Web" section?
  20. galagr

galagr Well-Known Member

Welcome to Muppet Central! Watch out for the icy patch. Let's see.... watch out for Vincent, he frequently makes stops halfway down the stairs, Muppetboy and Caseythemuppet are busy making smilies in the workshop..... Lola P is a Werewolf and Vampire, Sarge is a bat demon, Hubert is mourning a chicken, and I'm that one guy starving for attention. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go back to my cage. I'm part parakeet.