New Members: Please Post and Introduce Yourself

Shineon

Reaction score
who's Jim?

I was watching the new season of the Puppet Show released on DVD and I was excited to watch the section "Who's Jim", I think thats what its called. Well, it appears that none of the Muppets know Jim Henson.

Can someone please explain to me WHY on earth Muppets Central would not take the opportunity to introduce the new Muppet audience to one of the greatest heros of my generation?

An artist, a humanitarian, a comedian, with a gentle soul who wanted to make the world a better place (and did). I cry and smile every time I think of him, but the DVD gave me "duh, I don't know who he was."

Fortunately, Jim's art speaks for itself!
I love you Jim

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to this forum as well as being new to computers. I discovered the Muppets about 1989 when trying to find decent programs for my young daughter and was always delighted with it (so was she) The mix of interest, fun, education, broadening out of the mind and teaching to accept those different to ourselves is excellent. My personal favourites were Bert and Ernie, I so wish I had a dvd of them. My main reason for joining this forum apart from getting up to date with things is to try to find out how to get the Muppets and Sesame St. in other languages. I want German, Spanish and Hindi. Can anyone help me please? Sorry to waffle on and hi to everyone, regards, Glynis
Hi glynis! Nice to meet you!:smile:

I was watching the new season of the Puppet Show released on DVD and I was excited to watch the section "Who's Jim", I think thats what its called. Well, it appears that none of the Muppets know Jim Henson.

Can someone please explain to me WHY on earth Muppets Central would not take the opportunity to introduce the new Muppet audience to one of the greatest heros of my generation?

An artist, a humanitarian, a comedian, with a gentle soul who wanted to make the world a better place (and did). I cry and smile every time I think of him, but the DVD gave me "duh, I don't know who he was."

Fortunately, Jim's art speaks for itself!
I love you Jim
Jim's work sure dies speak for itself! Welcome to this forum!:smile:

Kung Orne I

Reaction score
Hello!
I´m from Sweden and have just discovered this fantastic site! I´m 43 years old and I bought Season 1 for christmas to my son, twelve years old, and he really loved it! And both me and my wife loved it too, we hadn´t seen The Muppet show since we were kids.

I look forward to see season 2, and hope it will come to Sweden soon.:confused:

I have started too collect pvc:s and reasentley I bought 5 of the pvc:s from Comics Spain. They are really beatyfull. I also have the Schleich-pvs:s all except Scooter. :wink:

I´m sorry for my bad english spelling...:embarrassed:

Pork

Reaction score
hi Kung Orne I and Shineon. Welcome to Muppet central.

Skye

Reaction score
Big welcomes to b0bb33z3r, Erik, SgtGonzoPepper, glynis, Shineon, and Kung Orne I! I hope y'all have a fabulous time here! :big_grin:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Hello!
I´m from Sweden and have just discovered this fantastic site! I´m 43 years old and I bought Season 1 for christmas to my son, twelve years old, and he really loved it! And both me and my wife loved it too, we hadn´t seen The Muppet show since we were kids.

I look forward to see season 2, and hope it will come to Sweden soon.:confused:

I have started too collect pvc:s and reasentley I bought 5 of the pvc:s from Comics Spain. They are really beatyfull. I also have the Schleich-pvs:s all except Scooter. :wink:

I´m sorry for my bad english spelling...:embarrassed:
Hi! Glad you've joined us here! Welcome!

gmamaof5

Reaction score
Reply to Philip

Dear Philip:

I am not new to Muppets but relatively new to the Central.

62 year old Grandmother of 5 with a love of Kermit that knows no end.
I wish Miss Piggy would step aside so I could have a chance.

It isn't easy being green, when green is all you want to be!

Have been a huge fan of Jim Henson's since I was 12 and Wilkins and Wontkins were being the bad boys of TV.

Grew up in Alexandria, Virginia.

I bought my Wilkins and Wontkins from Wilkins Coffee. $1.00 50years ago!

My grandchildren 5-20 have grown up with the Muppets as did my 2 children. If it comes we will go!

Welcome to all after me and thank you for all before me.

gmamaof5:smile: