Nickelodeon Changing its Logo

Nick22

Reaction score
And TV Land doesn't want to play classics anymore... and they dare to wonder why their ratings keep slumping!
i know! i used to love watching the brady bunch on there, and now it's barely on.

everything is tv land prime now.

Muppetplus

Reaction score
A new logo? Somehow that doesn't surprise me. As somebody who grew up with Nickelodeon, I can agree that it's a channel that certainly isn't what it used to be; in fact, you could pretty much say that it's currently in the toilet. Almost the entire entertainment world, for that matter, is in the toilet right now. Before we know it, every TV channel will consist of nothing but mediocre reality shows. But maybe it's not too late for things to be changed back to the way they were. And, of course, it's going to take more than one person to do this.

PS: Yes, Nick's slime did originate from "You Can't Do That On Television". :smile:

Aaron

Reaction score
I was slimed at the Nick Game Factory, where they had a running game show testing games for potential shows. The slime was warm, ui nearly lost my lunch.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Before we know it, every TV channel will consist of nothing but mediocre reality shows. But maybe it's not too late for things to be changed back to the way they were. And, of course, it's going to take more than one person to do this.

The ONLY way to defeat reality TV shows is to STOP WATCHING THEM. I do my part. I never tune in (I did like Last Comic Standing until they voted off my favorite guy 4 years or so ago). I swear that 90% of the people who watch that crap is watching it ironically. That's like buying a book to burn it. They have the money, they couldn't possibly care what you do with it.

PS: Yes, Nick's slime did originate from "You Can't Do That On Television". :smile:

Thought so. Man, I wish my childhood Nick fix didn't come from having to watch it at a friend's house. And everytime I was there, it was always those dang Noozles. I was always disappointed that I never ever got to see Danger Mouse or Count Duckula because they were on either too early or too late. I remember seeing several episodes of YCDTOT and Pinwheel... But for me, Nick REALLY took off when it invented Nicktoons.

Funny thing, actually. Nickelodeon is priding itself on not airing anime programming currently , and most of it's original programming in the early 80's WAS anime. Not really good ones... I really wish they got Doraemon or Anpanman on there, considering it was Nick Jr stuff at that point.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
And TV Land doesn't want to play classics anymore... and they dare to wonder why their ratings keep slumping!
No kidding - I cannot believe the junk TV Land is playing these days. What happened to Green Acres, Petticoat Junction, I Love Lucy, The Dick Van Dyke Show? This was the way I got to see all the shows my mom loved growing up.

Then again, look at basic Nick at Nite on Nickelodeon too - that's also become a joke. I was ok with the 80's stuff they played for awhile, like the Cosby Show and the Wonder Years - but now George Lopez? Why?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No kidding - I cannot believe the junk TV Land is playing these days. What happened to Green Acres, Petticoat Junction, I Love Lucy, The Dick Van Dyke Show? This was the way I got to see all the shows my mom loved growing up.
MrsPepper told me that TV Land Canada currently airs Petticoat Junction; I've never seen it, but my best friend has, and says its relatively boring compared to Green Acres. Speaking of which, GA and Lucy are two of those shows that TV Land seems to have a love/hate thing going on with... ala, they'll air them for a while, then take them off for a while, then put them back on, then take them back off, etc, etc in a vicious cycle.

I noticed WGN is currently airing more classics right now like Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie (two of my faves), The Bob Newhart Show, The Honeymooners, ALF, WKRP in Cincinnati, Rocky and Bullwinkle, etc.

One thing I really hate about TV Land right now is their newest reality show starring Joan Rivers. Pardon my English, but that woman is a serious b!+c# I mean, honestly, who the heck does she think she is mouthing off about random people that she has "issues" with? ! Like when she (and Melissa) ganged up on that poker playing woman on The Apprentice, or when she was mouthing off about her interior decorator on The View just because he wasn't aware of what she was wanting... she didn't say anything, so he wasn't aware of what she wanted!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I have to admit though, I can do a mean impression of her... you should hear my "OH, MELISSA, HE'S JEWISH!" screech.

dwmckim

Reaction score
All You Ever Wanted to Know About Slime

Yeah - as kids a lot of us wanted to be slimed...and never grew out of it!

When i was in my late teens/early 20's, a group of friends and i loved doing wet/messy stuff like water fights, pie fights, etc. Birthdays and lost bets/games were always practically a guarantee that someone would be taking at least one pie in the face. Of course at some point it was inevitable we would eventually try getting slimed.

As had been pointed out, it originated on YCDTOTV and became so iconic that it eventually made its way onto promos, game shows, contets, Nick Choice Awards...and the logo... even long after YCDTOTV was off the air.

There's no one formal recipe as the ingrediants were tweaked with often on YCDTOTV (and all subequent shows) but a number of various slime instructions can be found at ycdtotv.com - or if you have your old issue of Muppet Magazine when they interviewed Alistair Gillis, there was a slime recipe in there too. How edible it is/what it tastes like will of course vary based on how you make it.

Based on personal experience (and comments from cast interviews) i will offer this tip: stay away from flour. The basic original slime recipe was mainly water, flour, and jello powder. But keep in mind water/flour essentially equals paste - and flour-based slime can be a little annoying to wash out of hair (takes a few shampoos...and this includes any and all body hair too!). This was the main complaint of cast members too so baby shampoo was added to the recipe to make it easier to wash out of hair. But basically i just say avoid flour as an ingredient altogether. Whenever i make slime, it's a combination of: water, applesauce, oatmeal, cake or pancake batter, and either jello powder or food coloring for color. I don't always use all the above but a combination of at least three of that list works well. Occasionally i may throw in yogurt or melted ice cream or shaving cream.

Getting slimed is a HUGE amount of fun (though not for everyone - if you are okay with getting messy and find that fun than yes, it's a total blast) and for everyone that at one point in their life wanted to be slimed (or "gunged" if you grew up in the UK and count things like Tiswas or Noel's House Party among your childhood memories as opposed to Americans/Canadians and YCDTOTV), i say you absolutely have to try it at least once. Don't forget your camera or videocamera though because if you do get slimed and don't get a chance to not only feel what it's like but also see how you look, you'll really be kicking yourself afterwards for forgetting the camera!

One final warning - you may also find it so much fun, that you may even get addicted! I've actually lost count of the number of times i've either been slimed/pied or done it to someone else!