Palisades Series 8 Revealed!

What do you think of Palisades Series 8?

• It's awesome! I will get them all.

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • It's great. I will buy most of series 8, but not all.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • It's good, but I won't get more than 2 figures.

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • It's ok, I will only buy 1 figure from series 8.

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • I don't like it and won't buy any of them.

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

beaker

Reaction score
jediX said:
Plus there's the Chef exclusive w/ the lobster banditos.

I'm w/ you, Beaker. Digit is WAY cooler than a Scooter w/ a cart or Sam w/ vines all over him... If they want to make recostumed characters why not do the Muppet Caper Zoot? At least that character has demand.
Thanks!

People might not agree with most of what I say, but I feel I am the voice of reason.

In 2001 I said that Dr Teeth and Bunsen would outsell Kermit and Piggy...and guess what? Shelves were stuck with a whole mess of Kermit and Piggys.

I said that Beaker would be the biggest single card seller if sold individually, not with the lab. I hated the lab personally, and feel that if he was sold individually hed be the biggest selling figure of the entire series.

People want obscure...they also want good sculpts. I can imagine a Marvin Suggs outselling a Digit...people dont care so much about recognition...most ppl call Statler and Waldrof 'hey, I think I remember those two old guys in the balcony that made fun of Fonzie on Jim Henderson's Moppets".
In this day and age, cutting edge detail is what sells and makes it really apepaling, it doesnt get any cooler than Digit. Then again, its a shame no company has announced Dark Crystal figures, a pretty big blunder if ya ask me.

Some day things will go our way. We'll have our Fraggle Rock and Dark Crystal figures...til then we just have to sit and wait for companies to realize 'ya know, these would be pretty big sellers at Hot Topic, Suncoast, online, etc"

frogboy4 said:
They can't throw in a Polly-sized figure in every wave. :rolleyes:
why?

Cap Backfire

Reaction score
What a dissapointment. .

Nobody won my little contest. I gotta say I am dissapointed with this bunch... Grrr... Some of you at least had ONE right with Nekkid Sam. I don't remember whether I guessed him or not.
I plan to buy them all, but do we really need another Scooter before we get some more figs that people really love???
But, along that line of thought, the good news is that if Marvin Suggs and Phil Neuter are coming out, Uncle Deadly is assured. I don't even remember what Marvin looks like, and have to jet over to Kermitage to find out... I THINK I know, but wanna be sure. See ya'all later!!!

Josh.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
beaker said:
Money. It costs a lot of money to do that. It's been said many times. Nonetheless each wave will reportedly have packins in 2004. *Muppephones most certainly count.* Sal is reported to have buddy pack ins (possibly penguins) too when he comes out. :zany: :zany: But, because of that, items from other figures sometimes end up being dropped. :smirk:

It's like one of thos carnival games where you beat the weasles that randomly pop out of holes. You push one down, another pops up.

(still laughing that I actually said beat the weasle) :crazy:

Luke

Reaction score
beaker said:
In 2001 I said that Dr Teeth and Bunsen would outsell Kermit and Piggy...and guess what? Shelves were stuck with a whole mess of Kermit and Piggys.
No they didn't - you are wrong there my friend. Kermit is still the biggest Palisades seller. They made loads more Kermit and Piggy's than the other figures, that's why there were more left on the shelves.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You are correct Luke. At first glance I can see how some people might think that, but the Kermits and Piggys were double-packed in each case. It was a lousy idea, but I think it might have come from a retailer suggstion. Back then Bunsen and Teeth would have been a much harder sell. Word is the line is going strong. Strong enough for obscure characters, more megas and more minis. :smile:

Gonzo

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
It's like one of thos carnival games where you beat the weasles that randomly pop out of holes.
I think it's actually "Whack-a-Mole," not "Beat-the-Weasel."

You.

Same idea.

:eek: :rolleyes: :embarrassed:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Whack is a word that's more commonly used. On the other hand, weasel seems a closer metaphor then mole. It balances out.

What is wrong with me? Everyone go back to talking about toys!

caper

Reaction score
WHere is the Standard Rowlf???? Sam is cool!!! It should have been reg. Rowlf, reg. Sam, Lips, and Pops with Happiness Hotel Bus. I can't believe palisades is doing this thing. Sam is the only thing I would buy in this series.

Gonzo

Reaction score
caper said:
It should have been reg. Rowlf, reg. Sam, Lips, and Pops with Happiness Hotel Bus. I can't believe palisades is doing this thing.
Why?

Palisades is currently working on the sculpting for Series 9 and 10...and there's no slow-down in sight. Regular Rowlf will be made. Pops will be made. Lips...will probably be made.

From your name "Caper," I assume that's one of your favorite Muppet movies...good choice. But there are other parts of the Muppet universe out there that should be explored too. I'm excited to see new distinctive characters like Dr. Phil, even though he's certainly not my favorite, and the obscure ones like Marvin Suggs deserve to be made as much as Lips, who was only in one season of The Muppet Show and has probably only had three lines in his "life."

Be happy that Naked Sam is part of this series, buy him, and wait for more characters you like. But they should probably make more than just the four figures you'd like to see made.

:crazy: