1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Pre-Order "The Muppet Movie" coming to Blu-ray August 13, 2013

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I wish they would have kept director Kermit on the spine of the bluray

2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That was the case when Henson was still involved... merchandising with overused, crappy posers all photoshopped together. This cover may not be great, but I could pull out a whole bunch of posters that are worse...

then there's this "gem"

[​IMG]

Why is Kermit so huge and Scooter roughly a half his size? I'm not even going to comment on Franck Oz.

Don't make me show you the cover of the 40 years and counting Book. That's painful to look at.

3. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I'm curious as to why Frank Oz was put at the top with the actors..I mean, I'm happy his name is on the cover, it's just randomly placed there, though.

I still don't see any bonus features listed on the Blu-Ray OR DVD. I wouldn't be surprised if the DVD is really just a re-packaging of Kermit's 50th Anniversary Edition.

4. Drtooth

I can applaud the cover for having good posers, sure... but they're all off scale. there's a clearly googled image of England in the back, and Franck Oz somehow gets top billing (and is the only one listed that deserves so ).... this thing looks like something you'd find in a European Dollar Tree. It's very amaturish.

Though It is also the only time I've ever seen a puppeteer credited on the cover, albeit misspelled. And it does say Jim Henson Presents on it... the only thing this has over the Muppet Blu-ray cover.

Still, we've been swamped with ugly photoshop covers, posters, card games, and calendars for so long, this cover actually looks good and looks like it has more than the barest amount of effort in it. You have to admit that, or I'll look for those playing cards where the Swedish Chef's whisk is clumsily and incompletely photoshopped out.

5. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I think that was intentional, and supposed to look like a collage.

6. Drtooth

Even as a collage... it's just ghastly. I can't take my eyes off of 50 foot Cookie Monster and 2 inch tall Herry...

The back cover is far more stylish.

7. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Thats an MR Kermit poser, I'm virtually 100% sure of it!

jvcarroll likes this.
  8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Apparently, the MCC DVD re-issue was just a reprint of the 2005 edition. And there are new bonus features for the Blu-ray, we just don't know what they are yet.

9. Drtooth

Couldn't...even... Google a freaking picture of Kermit. They had to use the merchandising.

To be fair, it's better looking than most official posers.

Why, only thing worse would be to trace over them with ugly artwork that makes everything look too dark, but I can't imagine any...

[​IMG]

GAH!!!!!

10. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Wow I did love that dvd but man what a bad picture.

11. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

That thing is every bit as unappealing in real life.

12. Drtooth

[​IMG]

Posted only because that Blu-Ray cover was starting to look too good.

dwayne1115 likes this.
  13. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

...another thing about the new cover, it looks like Bunsen is grooming and eating stuff off Rowlf, monkey-stylee

jvcarroll and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  14. Drtooth

*&^%$!! Now I can't unsee it.

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  15. dwayne1115

Woah would someone please give drtooth something to calm him down?

I know as Muppet fans we want the most well made quality products for our beloved Muppet's. The reason for this is because back in the day creator Jim Henson would have to approve every product of Muppet merchandise before sent to production and selling. With that knowledge, and knowing what kind of man Jim was, we know he would never have some crap to be sent out for selling. He not only did this because this was something he created, but the products would also have his name on them in some way shape or form.

Sadly things are different now, and instead of taking pride in what your selling. The main focus is how can we save as much money, and make more money with our product. Now I'm not saying that Disney dose not care about the Muppets because in a lot of ways they do, and by putting the movie out on Blu ray at all says a lot. However they need to take a little more time, effort and money to put out the best product they can.

16. Drtooth

For what? Being funny about the weirdness of Muppet home video covers?

It's my Angry Timmy's Dad avatar, isn't it? I'm laughing every single post I write...

Now, if I can go back on my subject...

[​IMG]

Potrzebie! :p

Muppet fan 123 and dwayne1115 like this.
  17. dwayne1115

Ha ha!

18. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I was reading the tough pigs forum, and somebody said/speculated that the 2005 Muppet Movie DVD is out of print. I don't know if that user is right, but I have noticed lately when I go to the DVD sections of stores that I no longer see copies of the Disney-released Muppet movies (except for MCC and The Muppets), though I still see all the Sony releases in stores.

19. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    This was my little contribution for a swap-out cover (using only images from the DVD) all those years ago.

Muppet fan 123 and dwayne1115 like this.
  20. dwayne1115

I love it! that is awesome and looks way better!

Did you do this yourself? If so I'm going to say this right now someone from Disney needs to be fired, and you need to be hired and fast!

jvcarroll likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.