1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Pre-Order "The Muppet Movie" coming to Blu-ray August 13, 2013

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Phillip, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

The biggest problem I have with the cover is that that's not how they look in the actual movie, so that's kind of weird. Also, I would definitely get rid of Statler and Waldorf in favor of Floyd and Zoot.

2. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I want a teaser trailer for The Muppets...Again and a trailer for the muppet show season 4 on the trailers!

3. Batman4oz

Batman4oz New Member

What are the chances that they include the Storyboard for The Finale in the extras?! You know...like the one that I Have, from when I worked on this film!!

^^X^^

4. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

...o..k

5. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

What they will have:
    • Disney Intermission Interactive Menus
    • Kermit Frog Karaoke Sing Along (I think this may be a part of the first feature)
    • Widescreen

What they should have:
    • Remastered Uncut Print
    • Deleted Scenes
    • James Frawley's Muppet Screen Test
    • Commentary by Production Members & Muppets
    • Original Trailers
    • A "Making of" Documentary

Bits that I hope they have:
    • The Muppets Go Hollywood TV Special
    • Ad for The Muppet Show Season 4&5 on DVD
    • Gallery of Promotional Materials
    • Isolated Score

6. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

You worked on the finale? What was your job in the scene? (Which Storyboard are you talking about?)

7. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

Here's the finale storybook video from Batman4oz...

And his description...

And here are some behind-the-scenes pics Batman4oz took while on set...

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  8. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

WHY ARE THERE TWO KERMITS?

9. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

YOU MADE THAT? Can you make me a DVD cover?

10. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Unfortunately, that was made 10 years ago and I don't really do that sort of fan work anymore. :o

11. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

AWESOME!!!!

12. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

blu-ray.com says it will have these special features:

•Disney Intermission, Starring the Muppets
    •All-New Frog-E-Oke Sing-Along
    •Kermit: A Frog's Life
    •And more!

source: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=11208

13. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

These old movies unfortunately have to work with whatever they actually kept. I really hope there's access to enough for these special features. The camera tests are a given... they were already released on DVD under Sony. Unless there's some weird copyright hold over, there should be no problem. I'd love to see alternate sequences, because we know that the original ending without the music blaring over the conversations exists. We'd probably have that Pepe documentary thing that was on the 2005 release.

14. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

The current listings for the DVD has "Pepe Profiles: Kermit. "A Frog's Life' ", the only bonus feature in the 2005 release.
    So, basically, the DVD is just a re-release with a new cover. If you already own the "Kermit's 50th Edition" don't bother buying the DVD.

muppetlover123 likes this.
  15. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

I'm getting the bluray screw the DVD

16. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

NOOOOOOOOOO! Aw man, now I will try to buy a blu-ray player for just this movie!

17. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

Oh ok. Thanks anyway. Off to make a crappy paint cover! I might try doing it in photoshop eventally.

18. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Do you have a tv that uses HDMI cables or Component cables? Otherwise you won't be able to even plug it in to your tv. Heck most lower end blu ray players only use HDMI cables and not component.

19. Rugratskid

Rugratskid Active Member

My TV is Blu-Ray Compatible actually. I may try and find it online after release, download it and burn it to a DVD.

20. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I made the mistake of getting a blu ray player that was useless to me because none of our tvs have hdmi or component inputs. I literally had to buy a new tv to go with it. Don't want others making that mistake. What do you mean by blu ray compatible? Never heard that term before. I've heard HDMI ready though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.