1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Questions about anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, May 8, 2012.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remember going door to door selling those things. That was the most terrifying experience of my life.

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Honestly I remember going into the boy scouts just so I could get the opportunity to be inside a dunk tank.... Never happened. :(

3. LittleJerry92

Actually, here's a good question.

Is anybody else like, just ready for this year to be over? Cause I feel like these last couple months have just involved me trying to fix up my personality, because all the stress I dealt with in college and the political **** just made me a real ****hole throughout 2016.... Heck, I feel like late 2015 is when my personality started to go down the toilet (which would make sense, since I feel like politics really started to kick in at that time, and I was also starting bachelor's as well).

4. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Could be. Bodegas or tiendas are little grocery stores that do sell small quantities of staples- milk, eggs, meat, fruits and vegetables, etc. Usually Spanish-run. Their inventory is pretty small, since in Manhattan, most kitchens are very small. And because there are so many restaurants on every block, it's easier to eat out than eat in.

How many times has Jerry Seinfeld actually cooked anything? Besides cold cereal.

Plus in Manhattan, there are no large supermarket chains (back in the 70's/80's, there was D'Agastino's, but only a handful of locations). Because of the limited amount of space. The rent on a 10,000 share foot store would be astronomical.
    Actually, the closest thing to a supermarket is there is a Duane Reade pharmacy on practically every corner, with a somewhat decent grocery section.

But before I go off too far, yes, Hooper's can be a bodega. Besides the fact he had a lunch counter and a soda fountain, he did sell the basic necessities too.

5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well, there was that time that he was waiting for corporate Kramer to come home for a chicken dinner for two.

KRAMER: You cooked?
    JERRY: I ordered out, but it's still effort.

6. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Why should it be that the fish in the sea are all unable to sing?

Do pandas know that bamboo is not orange, but in fact, bamboo?

7. D'Snowth

Is "meta" pronounced "met-a" or "mait-a"? I always assumed the latter because "beta" is pronounced "bait-a," but I notice almost everybody pronounces the former.

8. Pig's Laundry

Yeah, i'm fairly certain it's the first one.

I have a question: On Higglytown Heroes all the characters are Russian dolls, so they can literally hop inside each other whenever they like. Yet, I recall an episode where one of the kids' aunts was pregnant. How would pregnancy even work in their world?

9. Pig's Laundry

What ever happened to Frank Oz's voice? I'm sure no one can give me a definite answer but, somewhere around the late 80s his voice started to get noticeably lower in pitch, and just kept dropping until it was extremely obvious in the late 90s before he left. You can easily hear it with all of his characters, but I think Miss Piggy's voice was the most obvious. She went from sounding pretty feminine to sounding almost like an old drunk drag queen. I suppose it might have been age, but the changes starting to become obvious when he was in his forties. Maybe he was a smoker and that damaged his voice? Perhaps years of doing all those raspy/falsetto voices finally caught up with him?

10. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

I've seen videos of Frank smoking cigars.

11. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

I don't think it would have been that, as he was not a frequent smoker.

12. D'Snowth

I've noticed some people's voices continue to deepen well into adulthood as well, for whatever reason. Dick Sargent (Darrin #2 from BEWITCHED) had a noticably deeper voice in some of his last interviews before he died as I recall.

13. fuzzygobo

Kermit used to sing,
    "It's not easy being green.
    Having to spend each day the color of the leaves
    When I think it could be nicer, being red or yellow or gold,
    Or something much more colorful like that"
    Has anyone noticed the color of the leaves recently?

And if some wise guy says "BROWN!", you better start running before I smack you!

gavry3 likes this.
  14. LittleJerry92

What if a Snickers bar was actually just a Milky Way bar but with peanuts?

15. D'Snowth

I'm pretty sure it is. Or, that Milky Way is a Snickers bar without peanuts.

Then again, isn't Baby Ruth essentially the same as Snickers?

16. LittleJerry92

[​IMG]

17. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

Milky Way and Snickers have different flavored nougat. Milky Way is a chocolate malt flavored nougat, and I haven't figured out what Snickers nougat is (my sister said it was peanut butter flavored at one point). Can't say much about Baby Ruth, though.

18. fuzzygobo

Not too far from me is the M&M/Mars factory (Hackettstown, NJ) where Snickers and Milky Way are made.
    Anywhere within a mile of the factory, the smell of chocolate is strong enough to give you a contact high.

If you never tried this, take a Snickers, Milky Way, or 3 Musketeers bar, put it in the freezer for an hour. Man, better than ice cream!

19. D'Snowth

I know exactly what you mean: my dad's previous workplace backed up to a coffee factory, so you could smell the stuff in the air every morning.

Likewise, there's a stretch of road in one of our communities that's literally nothing but fast food restaurants (in fact, because this same community also houses a man-made duck pond, Judgemental Maps refers to this area are "Ducks n Burgers"): when the weather is cold, you can just smell the aroma of burgers, chicken sandwiches, tacos, and Arby's in the air.

20. fuzzygobo

I got a question for you, Snowthy.
    In the M*A*S*H episode "Adam's Ribs", when the ribs finally come and are being served (No coleslaw. Rookie mistake.) it's not Igor, but two other grunts who serve them to Hawkeye, Trapper, and company.
    Any idea who they are?

Plus, if word got out there were BBQ ribs in the camp, wouldn't you expect a mob scene? Towards the end of the series ("A Holy Mess") everyone went nuts over fresh eggs. That's nothing compared to ribs.