Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think that's just it: I think the shaving/plucking whatever is to remove any unwanted excess (a la the unibrow), but they don't completely shave off their eyebrows altogether, and those pencils aren't really pencils, they're supposed to emphasize their eyebrows to make them a little more noticeable/presentable.

Yeah, my mom's got makeup figured out to a science, so I know a thing or two all these years.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yeah, but I've seen people with NO HAIR for eyebrows and they are literally just painted or tattooed on.

Which is why I assumed it was because of not really having eyebrows to begin with.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
How is it that many women tend to shave or pluck their eyebrows, and then take a pencil and draw them back on?

That's like a clean-shaven guy taking a Sharpie to paint on a mustache.
I personally don't draw on my eyebrows, but I think it's some do to even them out. Like if you pluck too much hair off one brow, you would draw on it to match the other.

Speaking of which, I remember one time I went to an open day at a university in Edinburgh and we got chatting with a lady who had the most immaculate eyebrows. I can't recall a word she said because I was staring at them, wondering how she got them so perfect. It was then I realised that she had no eyebrows. She had drawn/tattooed them on.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
How is it that many women tend to shave or pluck their eyebrows, and then take a pencil and draw them back on?

That's like a clean-shaven guy taking a Sharpie to paint on a mustache.
I don't get that either. It doesn't look right. I don't split hairs (no pun intended) over my eyebrows, personally.

If Naked Juice is so healthy for you, and everyone should drink it, why is it so darn expensive?

Misskermie

Reaction score
If Naked Juice is so healthy for you, and everyone should drink it, why is it so darn expensive?
Well, I've heard that the reason things are expensive is because of the fact that the things it is made from is so rare. I don't know about this Naked Juice, but I assume it's fruit, and what it's made from is most likely to be expensive, and grown in an entirely different climate....

Just an assumption.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Because everything healthy is expensive :stick_out_tongue:

Why is it that all those flavored waters that are supposed to be good for you seem like they are actually worse for you than soda?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why is it that all those flavored waters that are supposed to be good for you seem like they are actually worse for you than soda?
The over indulgence factor?

I mean, I don't know if that would apply to flavored water, but that's why they say Splenda and other artificial sweeteners are actually worse for you than plain sugar, because people think because it's a "healthier" alternative, that they can have as much as you want without having to worry about any health problems, when in fact, that's not the case at all.

Same with diet sodas: people think because it's low fat, that they can have more of it, when that's basically the same as drinking the lesser amount of normal soda.

Misskermie

Reaction score
Why do people run statistics on things that seem irrelevant to anything, such as,
"How much of the majority of 8th graders listen to rock music?"

Why do you care anyway?

mo

Reaction score
Why do people run statistics on things that seem irrelevant to anything, such as,
"How much of the majority of 8th graders listen to rock music?"

Why do you care anyway?
yeah, that sounds pretty pointless. But I listen to rock music!:big_grin: