1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

Dismiss Notice
  3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Questions about anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, May 8, 2012.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Can't you connect the external drive to your computer?

2. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

That I can do.

What I meant was is it possible to move the programs themselves like premiere, after effects, etc onto your external hard drive so you don't have to have them sitting on your computer and take up space.

3. D'Snowth

Not sure. I suppose you could try installing them onto the external drive like you would your machine? I wouldn't really know, I've only ever used external drives to save backup copies of the master files of my projects.

4. LittleJerry92

Actually, here's a question I have for everyone.

What are some muppet voices you cannot do? I, for the love of god, have trouble trying to do Richard Hunt voices sometimes. The best I can do is Don Music-type voices.... and Janice.

(I also sometimes wish I could have a powerful singing voice like Chris Cerf).

5. D'Snowth

Can't? Well, pretty much any voice that has a level of gravely or raspiness to it - I don't know how Jim was able to do voices like Rowlf or Dr. Teeth, or how Frank did Grover or Cookie Monster without losing their voices altogether. I can do Grover to a degree, but it strains my throat after only a sentence or too. If I have to do such a voice, what I usually is rather than force the gravel from my throat, I kind of talk inwardly, if that makes sense - it creates an effect similar to raspiness without irritating my throat so much, but it only works to a degree with certain voices and not so much with others (like the aforementioned Muppets).

6. LittleJerry92

I used to have trouble doing Dr. Teeth voices from Jim, but learned to kind of get it down after practicing.... though it can put a strain on my throat, I agree. Same with gruff Frank Oz voices.

I do find though it helps to get the voices after drinking something with a lot of carbs.

Actually, I find trying to do gruff Brian Muehl voices can be a pain. I tried doing Bushman Bill's voice and it sounded terrible.

7. D'Snowth

I know I've mentioned this several times, but I really used to be able to do a mean Elmo, but then again, I was really great at doing high-pitched, falscetto voices in general . . . then I hit puberty by the time I was in high school and my voice finally dropped, and since then I can barely do voices like that without induring some noticable discomfort.

8. LittleJerry92

Elmo's pretty easy for me.... then again, I've also practiced with doing high voices like Mr. Bill, Gypsy from Mst3k, Miss Piggy, etc...

9. antsamthompson9

antsamthompson9 Well-Known Member

The only Muppet voices I can't do are females played by actual females, although I can do Prairie Dawn for some reason. Alex, if you wanna make your Elmo impression better, I have a couple of tips: In the ToughPigs interview with DillonGale, Ryan realized that Kevin Clash is from Baltimore, so Elmo should have a Baltimore accent. Ryan also said Elmo doesn't have a high squeaky voice all the time. The way Mark put it was imagine Elmo's driving and his left foot consistently pushes the gas pedal.

10. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

How come @newsmanfan never comes here that much anymore? I haven't seen her since, what, July?

11. D'Snowth

She's one of those members who seems to just come and go at random. Some members just do.

12. LittleJerry92

Sometimes people just get bored of the site.

13. LittleJerry92

Okay, so is going to be kind of a stupid question, but uh....

Is there a way you can ignore a thread that bugs you like you can ignore a user? Like, I know there's the old trick of just not going on there, but I wanted to know if there was a way you could just filter them out.

Cause, I'll be honest, some threads.... Okay, one particular thread, just honestly gives me a headache sometimes and I only participate because of what's currently going on in this world.... But at this point I'm just done with it all together.

14. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Which thread?

15. MikaelaMuppet

Does anyone know what kind of vehicle The Kratt Brothers are driving in this commercial for Kratt's Creatures?

It appears at 0:05.

16. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

It's clearly a 1991-95 Dodge Caravan or Plymouth Voyager.

17. MikaelaMuppet

Thank you for your help! :)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
  18. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

What is the last clip in this video supposed to be a parody of? I recognize everything else but I have no idea who the weird cat-looking guy is supposed to be or what show/movie/game, etc. he's from:

Does anybody know?

19. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

I'm just curious...what's the highest number of alerts any of you have gotten on here before hovering over the Alerts button to make them disappear? I'm attempting a record at the moment and I'm up to 91 right now.

20. LittleJerry92

Probably 6 for me.