1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Series 1 Arrives: When and Where

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by Phillip, Jun 9, 2002.

1. EmmyMik New Member

I went back to my local EB today (in search of a Kermit figure), and I was amazed at what I saw. When I was there last Saturday, they had quite a few Muppet figures. However, when I returned, they had about 6 total (luckily they had 2 Kermits left). So they're sellin' pretty well here in the Dayton area... :)
  2. MaxGoof New Member

<< Looking at the list - i think Waves 3 & 4 are really extremely obscure>>

Luke--

I have to totally disagree with you here. Waves 3 & 4 include ROWLF! SCOOTER! JANICE! SAM THE EAGLE! ZOOT! SWEDISH CHEF! These are big, MAJOR characters. Rowlf and Scooter were in Muppet Babies so everyone remembers them, Zoot and especially Janice are quite well-remembered, and the Swedish Chef is among the *most* popular of all Muppets. From where I'm standing, Series 3 and 4 are LOADED!

I think Series 5 is where we hit a snag. Rizzo is my favorite Muppet, but the fact that he has to be THE big Muppet in that series seems a bit much to me... I think Series 5 could be the one that kills the line. I would've much preferred if Statler Waldorf were kept in to give it some extra star-power...
  3. Drtooth Well-Known Member

So, Smig... found them at a collector's store for almost double the price? No biggy! As we all know, they like to charge more to make a profit. I know one place that has loose Simpson Haloween Burger King giveaways for ...TEN BUCKS!!!!! and a loose Lenny for Sixteen (with out the accessories). Why didn't I buy Lenny when I could? Musta ran out of money!
  4. kane31666 New Member

BlueFrackle, um I don't recall asking you anything, why do you have a post with me as the subject. I think radianate asked the question. I'm just checking.

They arrived here on Long Island a few days ago.
  5. radionate New Member

I did ask the question.
  6. Louis Kazagger New Member

Woo Hoo! I went to EB today and picked up an exclusive Piggy. I was happy to see that she was cheaper than the website price to boot!

I also got to see all the figs in the line in person for the first time. I ordered a whole case of the Muppet figs from my comic retailer a long while back (because at the time it was reported in Toyfare that the chase and variant figs were going to be seeded in cases), so I have to wait for Diamond comics to come up with their shipments before I get the rest of the figs.

Hey, what's the case breakdown on these like anyway? Is it even numbers of all four figs? I'd like to have one set to open and one set to keep sealed.

...a message from Muppet Labs
  7. ResidentLilly Active Member

4 Piggy, 4 Kermit, 2 Bunsen, 2 Teeth
  8. FER SURE New Member

I picked up my Tux Kermit today. 6 of them sitting on the shelves. The guy actually knew what I was talking about when I called. A first for the TRU.
  9. dlphntat New Member

Zeus Comics in Dallas, TX has lots of the figures, and for a great price, too!
  10. Rufus New Member

Got EB exclusive Piggy at EB in the Rhode Island Mall in Rhode Island. (This sentence brought to you by the Department of Redundantcy Department...)

The TRU nearby finally had some Muppet figures (1 Honeydew and 3 Kermits, that I could see) but no exclusive yet.

- R -
  11. wolvoks New Member

Found them at the TRU in Des Moines, IA.(even though probably no one here lives in Iowa.)
  12. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Good News, bad news

First the good news. Newburry Comics in Boston has gotten in shipments of the first series, back a week ago. I have a gift certificate, so I'm waiting to see if series 2 comes out and use it for the Electric Mayheim playset. Bad news. The figures range from $9.99 - $11.99. And no two characters have the same price. (actually two have the same price, but let's not argue here, okay!) Dr. Teeth costs the highest amount, whilest Kermit costs ten. I'm on;y willing to pay that much, if the other stores run out!
  13. gringo New Member

Lynnwood, WA TRU

I found Kermit Tux version at the TRU in Lynnwood, WA. They had 7-8 left. When I was leaving they were bringing out a fresh case of the regular wave.

Mark
  14. uncleduke New Member

Toy Fare / Wizard World Kermit arrived today. Pretty much the same as the TRU version, except this one has a sticker on it that says TOY FARE EXCLUSIVE!
    Wow, only $6 bucks for an exclusive sticker! I am the luckiest boy in the whole wide world!

-- well, at least it showed up! Now, where's my $)%&*#! Pin Pal Moe?
  15. Louis Kazagger New Member

Toyfare cashed my check, so I should be getting my tux Kermit soon too I guess. I'm glad that I did order through Toyfare after all, since Ken said that TRU Canada passed on the Kermit exclusive.

Oh, and what do you mean $6.00 for a sticker? How much is the tux Kermit at TRU? Amazon.com has him for $14.99, so for once Toyfare's price of $14.00 delivered doesn't seem so bad to me.
  16. FER SURE New Member

TRU brick and mortar has them for 10.99.
  17. Joe New Member

Tux kermit has reached the East Coast!!

the local TRU hasn't got him yet, but I expect that all trus in the state should be getting their first shipments by the end of the week. from what I can tell, they aren't receiving many (or they're selling really fast) so you should call your local store ASAP.
  18. EmmyMik New Member

Yesterday my mom called the TRUs in our area (I'm having my mom do my dirty work now, lol). The first one she called (the evil TRU in Beavercreek) basically said that a truck was coming. No time estimate, just a truck was coming. Ok, big help there. She then called the TRU in Centerville, OH, and they were a little more helpful. They said that they will probably be out on July 1, and that they'd probably have more information at the end of the week. The guy she talked to had not heard of the Muppet Show line, but he was interested in it (I just hope not *too* interested).

This has been the Dayton, OH report. Now on to weather!
  19. SuperGrover Member

Is it still raining Muppets from that desk in Dayton?
  20. tomahawk Member

tux kermit

for those of you looking for him i saw about 12 of them at toys r us today.must have just gotten them in.