Series 1 Arrives: When and Where

radionate

Reaction score
For those who are trying to get the figures, the lady at TRU gave me the SKU number today. She said you can call any TRU in the country and give them this number to find out if they have them in stock. 531281.

I've posted this elsewhere, but I thought I'd post it here as well.

Gonzo

Reaction score
They've Arrived in Salt Lake City--

They had all of the figures at the TRU in Sugarhouse--they've probably got them in West Valley and Murray as well, so if you're in the 'hood, pick them up---these are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Quinnnnnnnnnn

Beaker 78

Reaction score
North Carolina

I found a Kermit and Dr Teeth at EB Games in NC yesterday afternoon. They had (before I got mine) 2 Kermits, 2 Piggies, 1 Bunson and 1 Dr Teeth.

Kelly

Electric Mayhem

Reaction score
I just got my set of 4 from a Media Play here in Cincinnati. Funny how they weren't on the retailer list, but I had a feeling they'd get them anyways....

Still have to go to TRU & EB for the exclusives...

FER SURE

Reaction score
Media Play is part of the Musicland Group. They include Media Play, Suncoast, On Cue, and Sam Goody. I think the funny part is they no longer include Musicland as those were all converted. The whole shebang is owned by Best Buy.

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Yes, I picked up Kermit, Piggy, Dr. Teeth and Bunsen yesterday at the Sugar House TRU here in SLC. They were $7.99 piece which seems to be lower than what I've been reading others paying for them. I asked about the playset and the clerk told me that the would be there anytime between 3-6 weeks.

I also checked out the TRU in West Valley. They only had Piggy and Kermit and not very many.

I'm impressed with these figures in every area! The sculpt, design, packaging, etc. I noticed that Bunsen changes his coloring from green to yellow depending on what light source you're under. I can't wait for the others!

EmmyMik

Reaction score
I called my TRU, again. And again, they still don't have the figures (they were rather rude to me on the phone. I think they're tired of me calling in every other day to see if they have these figures yet).

So a little later I went to the mall to go to the EB and see if these figures are in yet. Right as I was entering the store, I told my sister, "They're probably not gonna have the figures, and I'm going to leave empty-handed." And then I looked, and they had the figures!

I had no idea which ones I wanted, I wanted them all! I finally decided on Bunsen and the Miss Piggy exclusive (I'm not going to buy the regular Piggy). They were $7.99 each (I thought that was a little low, but hey, I'll take it!). The guys at EB were very nice (hear that Beavercreek TRU?), and they actually knew stuff about the figures!

I left the store very happy, but I soon returned, because I wanted a Dr. Teeth as well. There was only one left, so I got him (one guy said that the Dr. Teeth and Kermit are the best-sellers so far). I was actually very pleased, and if they sell Series 2, I shall be sure to buy my figures there.

(by the way, that was the EB at the Mall at Fairfield Commons in Beavercreek, Ohio, just for you folks keeping score at home)

Actually, a funny thing happened when I took the Robot Rabbit out of the package. I had set it up for it to stand, however it fell over. I just then noticed that it was missing a foot. My first reaction was to see if I could return it or try to get a replacement foot, however I'm quite happy with this one-footed Robot Rabbit (somewhere out there is a lucky Robot Rabbit foot). It has a special charm to it, and I might actually make a crutch for my Robot Rabbit (as you can tell, I am not a super-collector).

tomahawk

Reaction score
series one

i have my series one set and i haven't been this happy since MUPPETFEST.just waiting on beaker and the two exclusives.love you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FER SURE

Reaction score
for the ease of those people calling their TRU here are the SKN numbers for all the figs and the playset.

Piggy 531281 A
Dr. Teeth 531281 B
Bunsen 531281 C
Kermit 531281 D
Kermit Tux Exclusive 531254
Muppet Labs 531289

Miltb

Reaction score
Central Ohio has Series I

Went to the mall yesterday and Suncoast has Series One ($8.99). EB did not have any on display and neither did Sam Goody. But maybe Sam Goody will not be carrying the Series since Suncoast is in the same mall. They look sooo gooood. Glad they finally hit this area. :stick_out_tongue: