Sesame Street Seasons 30-34

FredMuseumMan7

Reaction score
The Segment entitled "Island of Emotion" aired A LOT during Season 32 (2001).

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Here's the infamous X-Files parody episode that was pulled from airing because it was too scary:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I didn't know it was pulled, because it seems like I recall seeing it a few times. And funnily enough, I didn't think it was scary at all, but I guess I can see why it might be unsettling for some.

Schfifty

Reaction score
This is a really good episode in my opinion. Getting haircuts are a common fear children deal with, and Sesame Street executed it with Baby Bear pretty well here. Plus, I love Telly and Baby Bear's friendly banter at the beginning, and Doug E. Doug appears doing a nice performance as the barber.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I remember this episode rather vividly, from both Season 30 and 32, and yes, I agree, I liked Doug E. Doug's appearance as Papa Bear's barber.

And wasn't it amusing that Doug's barbershop just happens to have a great big chair, a medium-sized chair, and a wee little chair?

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
There was actually a very similar episode in season 22 about Telly. I was actually half-expecting the barber in this episode to sing the same song as the barber in the Telly episode.

Schfifty

Reaction score
Not as much of a memorable episode from the season in my opinion, but Barkley got some appreciation right at the end of it:

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I didn't know it was pulled, because it seems like I recall seeing it a few times.
I'm pretty sure it was pulled. At least, that's what Alan Muraoka said.
And funnily enough, I didn't think it was scary at all, but I guess I can see why it might be unsettling for some.
Also, bare in mind, you were about twice the age of the target audience when this first aired.
Not as much of a memorable episode from the season in my opinion, but Barkley got some appreciation right at the end of it:

I sure do miss Barkley. I still kind of wish they used him in season 46 instead of Big Bird getting that new dog Simon (I think that's his name). Barkley always had such a big personality compared to some other pet characters you see on TV.
I miss the days when the show was basically allowed to use whatever characters they wanted, as often as they wanted. It must've been very freeing as a writer.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Also, bare in mind, you were about twice the age of the target audience when this first aired.
True. Can't argue with that one. When I was the age of the target audience, I remember Twin Beaks unnerved me with those menacing-sounding music cues. Anything with Placido Flamingo wasn't easy to swallow either, such as the Up and Down Opera.